Summer Transfers 2024

https://x.com/ExWHUEmployee/status/1793351283304219116

Current Brazilian CB about to sign for E15m?

Comments

• According to hHammer News it’s a done deal.

https://www.hammers.news/transfer-news/brazilian-journalist-confirms-12-8m-west-ham-signing-but-theres-a-bizarre-twist/

What’s worrying is they say “He appears to lack pace, though, which will be a concern coming into the quickest and toughest league in the world.”

Does anyone know if that’s true?
    That’s all we need, another defender that lacks pace.
  • Bobby Moore lacked pace, just saying.
  • Comments over on KUMB seem to suggest he's quick for a big guy, make of that what you will.
  • Bobby Moore lacked pace, just saying.
  • Is there an echo in here?
  • Looks like it it it it...🤦‍♂️
  • Ok we seem to have 2 transfer threads going.

I'll close the other one as, by their titles, this one is current.

• What are the chances Josh Cullen is off to Bayern Munich now?
  • So thats a transfer nobody would have thought likely.
  • MIAHammer said:

What’s worrying is they say “He appears to lack pace, though, which will be a concern coming into the quickest and toughest league in the world.”

Does anyone know if that’s true?
    That’s all we need, another defender that lacks pace.

Tbf given the bar is Ogbonna (and Zouma), I think he's gonna be relatively very very quick
  • Me, I just love it when we buy someone, I'm simple like that! also had a gummy which has made me super positive (even though I just remembered Klopp left 😞)
  • What are the chances Josh Cullen is off to Bayern Munich now?

That must be competing with Julian Faubert to Real Madrid a few years back, you just wonder if you have missed something all along.
  • Various reports suggesting we are trying to get some youngster from Birmingham and Sheff Utd’s keeper who let in more than our two did.
  • Nolan now saying that Liverpool should go for Bowen to replace Salah. Bit of sour grapes after losing his job.
  • Totally not cool with him suggesting that!!
  • edited May 28
    Fabricio Bruno is close, according to FabRom, for £10m.

Described as a no-nonsense sort of defender, which is interesting given Lopetegui signed Craig Dawson from us last summer.

Seems to like a CB who can defend first & foremost.

28 years old & played only 137 games. Has started recently for Brazil (2 caps).
  • Nolan now saying that Liverpool should go for Bowen to replace Salah. Bit of sour grapes after losing his job.

Link?

• Slacker said:

Nolan now saying that Liverpool should go for Bowen to replace Salah. Bit of sour grapes after losing his job.

Link?

Nolan was asked by Michael Brown on a podcast, who Liverpool should sign if Salah goes to Saudi and he said Jared Bowen.
  • Slacker said:

Nolan now saying that Liverpool should go for Bowen to replace Salah. Bit of sour grapes after losing his job.

Link?

A write up here
    https://www.empireofthekop.com/2024/05/28/kevin-nolan-bowen-salah-replacement-liverpool/amp/
  • Ta.

Nobby,how very dare you ?
  • West Ham United have tabled a £9.7million bid for former academy star Grady Diangana, apparently https://www.westhamzone.com/transfers/west-ham-united-table-bid-for-unbelievable-west-brom-star-grady-diangana/.

I can't recall him pulling up any trees at West Brom, but may be manager sees something.

I do hope we don't end up like the Pallegrini era when the manager spent a pile, signed a lot of players but we struggled and had to ask Moyes to save us. Will history repeat itself?
  • edited May 28
    Hardly progressive if we sign past players.
  • edited May 28
    It would look like a squad signing and we do need some of those as well as Immediate starting eleven. Whether Diangana is a squad player for us I am nt sure as I don't watch much Championship football, possibly a poor mans Benrhama.

I am hoping he has been promised serious funds as if leaving Wolves due to not being supported as promised you'd expect he has had the conversation about funds and happy with it. All he has to do then is spend them, but hopefully that will be guided by TS who has done well so far.
  • Something to remember is we need home grown players. It seems likely that we won’t have Ben Johnson, Divin Mubama, Danny Ings, Flynn Downes nor Kalvin Phillips next season, so we do need some home grown players. For Europe (I know we’re not in it next season) we need to also have players produced at the club, of which Diangana is one. Do I think this would be an exciting signing? No, but he’s a decent enough option off the bench and he boosts the quota.
  • If he's not all that then I wonder why wed consider a 10M bid. WBA were in the playoffs and he was part of that (without checking his numbers). He went there and a lot of us were up in arms. Perhaps he's matured into a player we now want back and I hope he shows his stuff if we do but him
  • I watched him a few times this season .And was glad we got rid
  • West Brom we’re on quite a lot and he didn’t seem to play full games but even then he didn’t seem to affect games that much.
  • West Ham Way reporting that after the playoff final someone shouted “Irons” while Flynn Downes was being interviewed and he automatically replied “Irons” while still on the mic

Apparently the Saints fans weren’t happy

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2024/05/28/hed-love-to-downes-drops-hint-on-west-ham-future/
  • But he's said he's a West Ham fan! Soton should be grateful he did well for them
  • Apparantly there’s interest in Aguerd from Rennes and Lyon.