Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• edited June 5
    So first team squad currently looks like…

GK: Areola (31), Fabiański (39)
    CB: Zouma (29), Aguerd (28), Mavropanos (26)
    FB: Coufal (31), Emerson (29), Cresswell (34)
    CM: Paquetá (26), Álvarez (26), Souček (29), Ward-Prowse (29), Downes (25)
    WG: Bowen (27), Kudus (23), Benrahma (28), Cornet (27)
    ST: Antonio (34), Ings (31)
  • I would like us to keep Downes (especially with the fee detailed) but if Southampton are willing to take Ings then they deserve Downes!
  • 25 mill the pair sounds about right =)
  • edited June 6
    alderz said:

I wonder if the club are planning on keeping or selling Andy Irving. We signed him last summer from an Austrian club and loaned him straight back. He scored 10 goals for Austria Klagenfurt this season, as they finished in sixth place. 24 years old, central midfielder

Found an article in Edinburgh News (joined Hearts aged 8 with 61 first team appearances) from March

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/exclusive-andy-irving-explains-his-west-ham-transfer-making-history-after-hearts-plus-his-scotland-hopes-4568011
    When West Ham appointed Tim Steidten technical director in summer 2023, he already had a strong eye on the Austrian market. He knew of Irving from his time in Munich and monitored him closely.
    Dates are now in place for him to report to Rush Green for pre-season training.
    The style here in Austria has allowed me to play as a more attacking midfielder, which has changed my game quite a bit.
  • Chelsea have signed a Fulham CB, and a new set piece coach.
    Should we be all over Chalobah?

• Yes we should
  • MrsGrey said:

Chelsea have signed a Fulham CB, and a new set piece coach.

Mrs G
    Speculating
    On the transfer speculation thread
    Well. I. Never.
    🤣
  • Ravel49 said:

MrsGrey said:

Mrs G
    Speculating
    Well. I. Never.
    🤣
    Now if we can convince Slacker to join in hahaha
  • MrsGrey said:

Yes we should

But whether rightly our wrongly, I'd imagine Chalobah thinks he can land something better than us

But he'd be a great signing
  • Chalobah linked with Man Utd
  • Ravel49 said:

MrsGrey said:

Mrs G
    Speculating
    Well. I. Never.
    🤣
    Financial incentives most welcome.

• Slacker said:

Ravel49 said:

MrsGrey said:

Mrs G
    Speculating
    Well. I. Never.
    🤣
    Financial incentives most welcome.

I think the budget is rather limited I'm afraid 😂🤣😂.
  • Yes, I don't think it stretches to Chalobah and Slacker...
  • Young Brazilian striker Guilherme (winger) medical next week after verbal agreement (FabRom) with club (perhaps even the one he plays for)
  • edited June 8
    From Guardian's Jacob Steinberg (normally a good source)
    West Ham are looking for six to eight signings this summer. They have attempted to derail Bayer Leverkusen’s move for the Girona midfielder Aleix García. García is thought to have an agreement with Leverkusen but West Ham are not out of the running.

Lopetegui is looking for two centre-backs and is determined to sign a new forward. West Ham have been scouring Europe for a No 9. They also want a left-back and a left winger
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/article/2024/jun/07/west-ham-agree-25m-deal-to-sign-palmeiras-winger-luis-guilherme

Newcastle Chronicle reckon we're in contention with Newcastle and Spurs for fter Bournemouth's 25yo LB/CB Lloyd Kelly, available on a free but he has a bit of an injury history, only 25 appearances last season

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-uniteds-lloyd-kelly-transfer-29303141
  • Newcastle Chronicle reckon we're in contention with Newcastle and Spurs for fter Bournemouth's 25yo LB/CB Lloyd Kelly, available on a free but he has a bit of an injury history, only 25 appearances last season

I really like Lloyd Kelly. I think he’s a very good player, and he’s an obvious upgrade on Ogbonna. A free transfer obviously feels sensible too.

BUT that injury record is not great at all.

• FWIW, Luis Guilherme is now following some West Ham players on Insta:

This one looks like it may actually be happening.
  • edited June 8
    re. Kelly

That's horrendous - Andertonesque in the extreme.
  • So that's a no then
  • Roma have put Tammy Abraham on the transfer list after three seasons with 2 years left on his contract. Asking price £34m minimum, West Ham, Aston Villa, Bournemouth, Leicester and Spurs interested (TeamTalk)

Missed most of last season with a ACL injury

https://www.teamtalk.com/news/exclusive-tottenham-west-ham-firmly-mix-sign-40m-exit-bound-striker
  • I like Tammy Abraham, but players with ACL injuries are a gamble.
  • I like Tammy Abraham, but players with ACL injuries are a gamble.

Yeah, completely agree. Imo you'd want them to have at least a season playing after the injury to see what level they're capable of playing at, as quite a lot of players are never the same again.
  • edited June 9
    I hadn't realised Guilherme was so young. And FabRom calling him Brazilian 'talent' ... so, I'm thinking..not signing for 1st team squad?
  • I think he will be in the 1st team squad, if not a starter. We don't normally pay £25m for an academy play.
  • It was reported when first muted that he would be loaned out or back for first season. Still seems a lot of money for us to be doing that.
  • I did wonder whether he'd be loaned back until the end of the Brazilian season, but figured that our summer break and pre-season would be the easiest way for him to acclimatise to the move. For this sort of money he'd have to be part of the first team squad rather than the u21s, but to be introduced sympathetically.
  • In Tim we trust. O.o
  • It seems there has been a move to younger players starting in PL games. If they are good enough they are old enough.
  • He's only played 5 matches for palmieras at senior level. So im not sure he will be ready for first team football.
    I did buy him on Football manager when it came out, as he was classed as a wonderkid.... so he must be good 😂
This discussion has been closed.