Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Congratulations Alderz I hope you and your better half have a long and happy marriage.🎉
  • DAILY MIRROR

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣West Ham are reportedly determined to sign Barcelona forward Ferran Torres.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • I saw on SKY yesterday that we are reportedly determined to sign Kilman, even though Wolves don't want to sell.
  • Congratulations to you both.
  • Villa about to sign Maatsen from Chelsea for £35m plus add-ons:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/cqqqxw6g41ro

I'm sure we were linked with him in the past, but we're never paying £35m for a full back.
  • Haven't Villa already got Digne and Moreno at LB/LWB? I'd like Maatsen but nowhere near that price
  • Bazshuayi said:

Haven't Villa already got Digne and Moreno at LB/LWB? I'd like Maatsen but nowhere near that price

Id take either of Digne or Moreno if they’ve got one too many now, though
  • edited June 20
    While Maatsen is primarily a LB/LWB he can also play LW, RW and CM/DM

Plus he's 22yo while Moreno and Digne will both be 31yo when the season starts. A good future investment?
  • Fabrizio Romano (on YouTube) reckons that Alvarez is one option Man Utd would consider if they need to replace Casemiro who was rumoured to be going to Bayern but reports are that the move is off

ESPN report that Al Ittihad want Kudus and Al Nassr want Paqueta
  • If Al Nassr want Paqueta regardless of the betting stuff, I’d let him go in a flash, tbh. I really rate the guy, but the risk of him just disappearing is too high to keep him if we get a get out of jail card.
  • Southampton in talks to sign Downes
    Southampton have held initial talks with West Ham over the signing of midfielder Flynn Downes.
    Downes had a successful loan spell at St Mary's last season.
    Early discussions suggest a gap in valuations and West Ham have yet to decide if they will allow him to leave.
    Southampton will focus on other targets if they can't sign Downes.
  • Couple of reports out there saying we have had a bid of 25 million for Kilman turned down .I really like the guy ,but seems wolves want about 45 mill ,Not sure we will pay that .
  • The thought was there 🤪
  • Our defence was so rubbish last year, so if the manager thinks that Kilman is the answer to improve that, £45m seems fine with me
  • seems fine with me as well ,just not sure we will come up with it
  • I believe we aren't that naive to think we would get him for 25M. Hoping we will get them to settle in the 35 to 40M area
  • Bazshuayi said:

I believe we aren't that naive to think we would get him for 25M. Hoping we will get them to settle in the 35 to 40M area

Yeah, I said a couple of pages back that I think there's a deal to be done between £35m and £40m.

• Hussah then! We basically have him 😃
  • edited June 22
    Lots of reports that Olise is going to Bayern Munich. Great news as it is unlikely we are ever going to see him play against us (P5 W3 D1 L1, 3 goals, 3 assists)

According to Claret & Hugh we are:-

1) in a three-way battle with Newcastle United and Aston Villa to acquire Arsenal’s Emile Smith Rowe

2) on the verge of signing Portuguese RW/CF/LW Jota Silva

3) have been linked with CBs Jake O’Brien (Lyon), Max Kilman (Wolves), Jayden Oosterwolde (Fenerbahce), Riccardo Calafiori (Bologna), David Hancko (Feyenoord), Nehuen Perez (Udinese) and Oumar Solet (RB Salzburg)

4) LB/LWBs Ryan Sessegnon and Carlos Augusto (Inter, sort of)

5) wingers Matias Soule (Juventus), Jack Clarke (Sunderland), Karamoko Dembele (Brest) and Jaden Philogene (Hull)

6) Strikers Jonathan David (Lille), Simon Banza (Braga) and Youssef En-Nesyri (Sevilla) again

https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-transfer-window-in-full-swing-a-rundown/
  • West Ham and Brentford have expressed interest in Everton's England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 27. (Football Transfers)
  • Youssef En-Nesyri Is the new Samuel Inkoom 💥
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham and Brentford have expressed interest in Everton's England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 27. (Football Transfers)

I’m assuming that Football Transfers has no track record of success, and I’m hoping so too. I used to really rate DCL, but his injury history - and his form when not injured - means he’s just not worth any investment of money or faith.
  • Ravel49 said:

Youssef En-Nesyri Is the new Samuel Inkoom 💥

Transfer Window legend
  • edited June 22
    Issue with Wolves is they are one of the clubs rumoured to be on the borderline in terms of FFP, so without selling players their incomings are going to be limited this summer if they want to improve or refresh the squad.

Killman would probably come in & potentially be awarded the captaincy. He’s young for a CB, left-footed & was very good under JL when he was in charge. £25m is not going to get him but if we got to around £35m with some add-ons, I think a deal will be done.
  • Ravel49 said:

West Ham and Brentford have expressed interest in Everton's England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 27. (Football Transfers)

Not that I believe it, but no.
  • Lukerz said:

Issue with Wolves is they are one of the clubs rumoured to be on the borderline in terms of FFP, so without selling players their incomings are going to be limited this summer if they want to improve or refresh the squad.

Killman would probably come in & potentially be awarded the captaincy. He’s young for a CB, left-footed & was very good under JL when he was in charge. £25m is not going to get him but if we got to around £35m with some add-ons, I think a deal will be done.

Even though it would benefit us, really hating these PSR rules and how players can be bought on the cheap

I know there needs to be a control on spending but to me just feels like the bigger high revenue clubs will be able to poach the better players from the rest of the league on the cheap

Imagine us being I that position and having to raise money and we sell Bowen or Kudis for only £40mil

Ignoring that, I'm not expert in European football anymore, so while I'm sure there are players of Kilmans level who'd cost half the price....hes a good player who'd weak into out first XI, is the right age and clearly Lope is a big fan. So I'm all for it
  • Lukerz said:

Even though it would benefit us, really hating these PSR rules and how players can be bought on the cheap

I know there needs to be a control on spending but to me just feels like the bigger high revenue clubs will be able to poach the better players from the rest of the league on the cheap

Imagine us being I that position and having to raise money and we sell Bowen or Kudis for only £40mil

Ignoring that, I'm not expert in European football anymore, so while I'm sure there are players of Kilmans level who'd cost half the price....hes a good player who'd weak into out first XI, is the right age and clearly Lope is a big fan. So I'm all for it
    And home grown.
  • Lots of reports that Olise is going to Bayern Munich. Great news as it is unlikely we are ever going to see him play against us (P5 W3 D1 L1, 3 goals, 3 assists)

According to Claret & Hugh we are:-

1) in a three-way battle with Newcastle United and Aston Villa to acquire Arsenal’s Emile Smith Rowe

2) on the verge of signing Portuguese RW/CF/LW Jota Silva

3) have been linked with CBs Jake O’Brien (Lyon), Max Kilman (Wolves), Jayden Oosterwolde (Fenerbahce), Riccardo Calafiori (Bologna), David Hancko (Feyenoord), Nehuen Perez (Udinese) and Oumar Solet (RB Salzburg)

4) LB/LWBs Ryan Sessegnon and Carlos Augusto (Inter, sort of)

5) wingers Matias Soule (Juventus), Jack Clarke (Sunderland), Karamoko Dembele (Brest) and Jaden Philogene (Hull)

6) Strikers Jonathan David (Lille), Simon Banza (Braga) and Youssef En-Nesyri (Sevilla) again

https://www.claretandhugh.info/west-ham-transfer-window-in-full-swing-a-rundown/

I’ve never heard of /seen all but two those players. I really should start playing Football Manager or summink.

• Just as both have been linked here
    Or am I on TheToon606 🤔

Newcastle United are closing in on the signing of 27-year-old England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, who has one year left on his contract with Everton. (Guardian), external
    Newcastle have also made a cash-plus-player offer for Wolves' English centre-back Max Kilman, 27. (Telegraph - subscription required), external
    Wolves have already rejected an offer for Kilman from Newcastle who also asked about signing Portugal winger Pedro Neto, 24. (HITC)
This discussion has been closed.