Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• #MrVersatile

• West Ham not ruling out mutual termination of Zouma contract
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:
    Kurt Zouma is still in Dubai after his move to UAE club Shabab Al-Ahli fell through.
    West Ham are working on possible solutions and are planning for next season without Zouma. Saudi interest in the player remains.
    A mutual termination of the final year of his contract has not been ruled out.
    The club will also listen to suitable offers for forward Maxwel Cornet.
    His game time looks limited moving forward following West Ham’s recruitment in this window.
    He has started three Premier League games in the two seasons he has been at West Ham.
    Cornet’s contract is up in 2027 with the option of a further year.
  • IronHerb said:

I believe the 25 man squad is submitted the day after the transfer window closes, both summer and winter. This being the case then it's the end of the window and not the start of the season that is the qualifying date.

So it would (maybe) seem, but if that's the case, then why not word the regulations accordingly; a whole season includes the very first game, not just games after the transfer window has closed.
    You still have to register players for Prem games, but the "final list" is submitted after the window

That's why when a player is signed a day before a match they can often miss the cut-off for registration for that specific game
  • edited August 15
    Good news

Kalvin Phillips has joined Ipswich on a season long loan
  • We should have been all over that =)
  • edited August 15

IronHerb said:

I believe the 25 man squad is submitted the day after the transfer window closes, both summer and winter. This being the case then it's the end of the window and not the start of the season that is the qualifying date.

So it would (maybe) seem, but if that's the case, then why not word the regulations accordingly; a whole season includes the very first game, not just games after the transfer window has closed.
    You still have to register players for Prem games, but the "final list" is submitted after the window

That's why when a player is signed a day before a match they can often miss the cut-off for registration for that specific game
    Ah, good point.

So many conflicting stories on this, have seen it said today that he's not HG 😂🤣😂.

As both alderz and I have said, reading the regs wherever I've seen them he shouldn't be HG, but who knows?
  • Ex has stated he is HG if that helps.
  • edited August 15
    IronHerb said:

Ex has stated he is HG if that helps.

That was the basis (via KUMB) of my post yesterday suggesting he might be HG, but suggestions there today (supposedly from the club) that he's not HG 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️?
  • Well this is a bit unexpected 😳

• Didn't see that one coming tbh.
  • Imagine he’s the new Haaland 😂
  • Ravel49 said:

Well this is a bit unexpected 😳

They signed Baptiste as well

Their academy infrastructure is world leading, if he's gonna make it there isn't a better place for him to learn
  • Ravel49 said:

Their academy infrastructure is world leading, if he's gonna make it there isn't a better place for him to learn
    They did. But they released him this summer. Last seen on trial at Pompey.
  • Ravel49 said:

They did. But they released him this summer. Last seen on trial at Pompey.
    Why I try not to get too caught up in youth players (anymore)

It's difficult, we all want the next Declan Rice but the reality is they're more likely gonna end up outside the top division than not
  • Deadline Day...of sorts!
    Premier League clubs are facing a race against time to debut any new signings this weekend.
    Players must be registered by 12pm on the last working day before a game.
    That means Manchester United and Fulham had an earlier deadline on Thursday because they play tonight, live on Sky Sports.
  • Ravel49 said:

Deadline Day...of sorts!
    Premier League clubs are facing a race against time to debut any new signings this weekend.
    Players must be registered by 12pm on the last working day before a game.
    That means Manchester United and Fulham had an earlier deadline on Thursday because they play tonight, live on Sky Sports.

Keep us up to date with their dealings Rav. 😂
  • Absolutely 👔
  • Have a feeling this might come back and haunt us
  • steve said:

Have a feeling this might come back and haunt us

I was more annoyed by Baptiste

He looked well out of his depth when he played senior football, he's a good few years and some loan spells before he's ready and even then he may not be
  • Would we be able to insert a percentage sell on fee in these circs? Or is it just compensation
  • He leaves West Ham due to lack of 1st team chances.....This all adds up then......
  • Bazshuayi said:

Would we be able to insert a percentage sell on fee in these circs? Or is it just compensation

I doubt a sell on fee is a possibility, he's already left after all. The compensation is a bit of a bonus anyway imo.
  • Andy Irving is a transfer target for top European clubs - West Ham to decide the former Hearts player's future.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/andy-irving-is-a-transfer-target-for-top-european-clubs-west-ham-to-decide-the-former-hearts-players-future-4745671

This is a strange one. He had a good rpe-season and seemed to be a box-to-box player and probably better than JWP and Soucek. Hope he stays and gets a chance.
  • He leaves West Ham due to lack of 1st team chances.....This all adds up then......

But City are likely to loan him out to get minutes.
  • Pengeman said:

Andy Irving is a transfer target for top European clubs - West Ham to decide the former Hearts player's future.
    https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/andy-irving-is-a-transfer-target-for-top-european-clubs-west-ham-to-decide-the-former-hearts-players-future-4745671

This is a strange one. He had a good rpe-season and seemed to be a box-to-box player and probably better than JWP and Soucek. Hope he stays and gets a chance.

There’s literally not a single part of me that thinks he’s better than JWP
  • Roma's Tammy Abraham, 26, is set to join an unnamed club in the Saudi Pro League club despite interest from West Ham in the England striker. (La Repubblica - in Italian)
  • That's a good thing IMO he's injury prone and I don't think worth the money quoted.
  • Bazshuayi said:

That's a good thing IMO he's injury prone and I don't think worth the money quoted.

Is he particularly injury prone? Obviously he did his ACL and for that reason alone I would only consider him on loan with an option as he's still coming back from it, but I don't remember him as being much of a sick note before that.
This discussion has been closed.