Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Earthy to join Bristol City tomorrow on loan, according to Ex.

Although I think a loan to a mid-table Championship side is what we should be looking for, Bristol City struck me as being a very physical side in the 2 games we had against them last season so I'm not sure if it's the best possible club he could go to.
  • edited August 13
    Something I forgot since last transfer window and just noticed again, is that West Ham Zone always refers to Sean Whetstone as “the 6 foot 2 reporter”. Still absolutely hilarious to me. “Ah yes, I believe this gossip more because it’s from a large lad, and large lads do not lie”
  • Well it worked for ‘Big’ Oli didn’t it 🤪
  • Portuguese youngster 🤔
  • Ravel49 said:

Well it worked for ‘Big’ Oli didn’t it 🤪

ITK legend
  • Up there with Braderz 🤔
  • AWB is done. West Ham have tweeted a teaser.

https://x.com/WestHam/status/1823311057160425841
  • Finally

• The word on X is that Mavropanos can go if our valuation is met.
  • Not surprising, really. Mavropanos hasn’t inspired much confidence so far. I personally like Aguerd, and the fact Kilman can play either side means we’ve got some flexibility. Todibo & Kilman, Kilman & Aguerd, Tobias & Aguerd
  • edited August 13
    Current squad - updated:

GK - 23 Areola, 1 Fabiański, 21 Foderingham
    CB - 26 Kilman, 25 Todibo, 27 Aguerd, 15 Mavropanos
    RB - 5 Coufal, 29 Wan-Bissaka
    LB - 33 Emerson, 3 Cresswell
    DM - 19 Álvarez, 24 Rodríguez
    CM - 28 Souček, 8 Ward-Prowse
    AM - 14 Kudus, 10 Paquetá
    RW - 20 Bowen, 17 Guilherme
    LW - 7 Summerville, 22 Cornet
    ST - 11 Füllkrug, 9 Antonio, 18 Ings

Total = 24

Looking pretty good now (obviously it’s likely Zouma will shortly depart, so I have removed him).
  • Both Todibo & Wan-Bissaka are known as players who can shut down sides on the counter. Very good one on one defenders & not averse to being left alone against players & dealing with them.
  • More then happy with all the incomings .However do think its time to get a new tea lady this one has been around to long. Remember when we got her back in the day must be going on 90 now =)
  • All going well. Congrats to the staff to get these in.

For a perfect window, I would like
    1. Another CB if we lose Zouma and Mavrapanos.
    2. Lose Ings and replace with another striker
    3. Lose Cornet and replace with another left sided defender/wing back.
    4. Keep Kudus, Bowen and Paqueta.

Not a lot to ask is it?
  • Two full backs called Aaron
  • edited August 13
    🕷️🤝🏻2️⃣9️⃣

"It was a no brainer for me to join West Ham – I'm excited and happy to be here,” said the 26-year-old, who will wear the No 29 shirt.“

Thought he would have taken Number 2 tbh

Poor Andy Irving only had it for 5 minutes 😂
  • Ravel49 said:

Poor Andy Irving only had it for 5 minutes 😂

And Lukerz left him out of his squad altogether. 😱
  • If it was a no brainer to join us why was it reported her was holding out for Inter or whoever.
  • Good signing, 7 year contract seems crazy though
  • It’s been a great window but it’s ruined the excitement and wondering at the end of the window about what dross we’ll suddenly bring in on loan.
  • To have made those signings before the PL kicks off, not sure we’ve been that prepared before.

Just have to hope it is not a replica of the Mark Hughes ‘QPR reign’. Lots of good names on paper, struggled to gel and lost lots of games.
  • edited August 13

It’s been a great window but it’s ruined the excitement and wondering at the end of the window about what dross we’ll suddenly bring in on loan.

Well we can’t currently sign anybody else now until somebody leaves. We have a squad of 25 (17 non HG, 8 HG) - that includes Zouma & Irving, Guilherme won’t be included due to age. Of course, we could leave them out when we name our squad for the PL but looking likely now nobody else coming in until some are moved on.
  • edited August 13
    Lukerz said:

To have made those signings before the PL kicks off, not sure we’ve been that prepared before.

The last time we signed 8 or more players before the first league game of the season was 2018/19, where we signed 9 players before the season started, and none through the rest of the window.

In 2020/21, 2021/22 and 2023/24 we made only one signing pre-kick off, and the other 3 signings after 1-4 games had taken place.

NOTE: I've done this very quickly.

The price is amortised over the 7 years. So instead of entering a loss of £15m in this year’s books, it’s entered as a loss of £2.14m per year. Helps with the PSR regulations.
  • PSR only works up to 5 years. This was to counter the crazy contracts Chelsea were handing out to spread the amortisation cost I believe. (I might be wrong)
  • Lukerz said:

It’s been a great window but it’s ruined the excitement and wondering at the end of the window about what dross we’ll suddenly bring in on loan.

Well we can’t currently sign anybody else now until somebody leaves. We have a squad of 25 (17 non HG, 8 HG) - that includes Zouma & Irving, Guilherme won’t be included due to age. Of course, we could leave them out when we name our squad for the PL but looking likely now nobody else coming in until some are moved on.
    We can sign more but not every one will be in the 25 man squad. A bit of incentive to leave maybe?
  • PSR only works up to 5 years. This was to counter the crazy contracts Chelsea were handing out to spread the amortisation cost I believe. (I might be wrong)

That's right. All it means is that the players amortisation can be over no more than five years, their contracts as can be as long as you like.

The price is amortised over the 7 years. So instead of entering a loss of £15m in this year’s books, it’s entered as a loss of £2.14m per year. Helps with the PSR regulations.
    See above.
  • Lukerz said:

Earthy to join Bristol City tomorrow on loan, according to Ex.

Although I think a loan to a mid-table Championship side is what we should be looking for, Bristol City struck me as being a very physical side in the 2 games we had against them last season so I'm not sure if it's the best possible club he could go to.
    Must admit, I didn't realise the Bristol City manager is an ex WHU u23s coach, Liam Manning. He was in charge of City when we played them in the FA Cup last season although had only been there a couple of months. I'll have to give this loan the benefit of the doubt I guess, and hope that Earthy gets plenty of game time and excels in his time there.
  • edited August 13

PSR only works up to 5 years. This was to counter the crazy contracts Chelsea were handing out to spread the amortisation cost I believe. (I might be wrong)</blockquote
    Is that since this year?

This discussion has been closed.