Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Part of me will be hugely disappointed (now we've been given fresh hope and excitement) if he hasn't signed and he goes to Juventus (apparently they've been bugging his agent). But the other part of me would be happy a player that didn't want to come here signs (and kicks up a stink as soon as a champs league comes in for him again)

If you've gone for a medical and agreed terms, the only thing Juventus can do is raise their offer to Nice and tell the player to not sign.

After all that said, I'm really excited to get him!! Hence huge disappointment and potential retribution on Juventus from me if I ever visit Turin 😚
  • Ex has detailed that the compensation hold up for AWB seems to have been largely resolved and we are (again) close to signing him

So by about January 2025 window we should see some progress...
  • Bazshuayi said:

Ex has detailed that the compensation hold up for AWB seems to have been largely resolved and we are (again) close to signing him

So by about January 2025 window we should see some progress...

Apart from the fact that we never seem to do business in January unless we're in danger of being relegated.......
  • Like most fans I am excited about the new recruitment and season. But also concerned. Having talent and new players is one thing but gelling them into a team is a challenge. I remember few seasons ago Fulham had a massive recruitment but went down. Pellegrini bought new players but couldn't produce performances. Our preseason games have been poor. So I look forward to the new season with excitement and concern.
  • steve said:

Need to keep Todibo,s agent away from phones and internet

Do we know any good kidnappers?

• Do you think they want to show him off to the crowd this afternoon?
  • Come on West Ham, it's been 15 minutes since the last announcement.
  • So if we get Bissaka over the line ,Will that be it for incomings .Not bad for us with the season still a week away .Have to say best transfer window in my lifetime and i,m 65 =)
  • That's 7 in so far, although that does include a 3rd choice keeper and a lad who, although I expect him to be in and around the match day squads and to get minutes on the pitch, is more for the future than for this season.

Still need a RB but apparently AWB is close again (hopefully for the last time). It shows the state of our squad that next season we'll still need to replace Fabianski, Cresswell, Coufal and Antonio, unless we manage to sneak Duran over the line late on this window.
  • edited August 10
    If we get AWB or another RB and don't sell any of our key players, it will have been on paper an excellent window.

If we can offload Zouma, Ings and Cornet and perhaps bring in another forward that would be even better.
  • If we can offload Zouma, Ings and Cornet and perhaps bring in another forward that would be even better.

There hasn't even been a whiff of a rumour about Cornet this summer and not a sausage about Ings since Saints decided they couldn't afford his wages

Even the Saudis don't seem keen on them!!!
  • JCT 🤝🏻 2️⃣5️⃣

• Whilst it's not conclusive, we've had a "Here we go" from Fab for AWB.
  • @FabrizioRomano
    ·
    4m

🚨⚒️ Aaron Wan-Bissaka to West Ham, here we go! Verbal agreement in place for right back to join #WHUFC from Man United as planned.

Understand medical tests already booked on Sunday for AWB! 🩺

Fee will be £15m. Man United authorized AWB to travel… Mazraoui, joining soon.
  • Ex saying that following AWB, which is close, there is one possibly two more to come.
  • I like the sound of that!
  • After AWB if we can bring in Duran we will be looking good. Going to need to shift a few though.

• IronHerb said:

@FabrizioRomano
    ·
    4m

🚨⚒️ Aaron Wan-Bissaka to West Ham, here we go! Verbal agreement in place for right back to join #WHUFC from Man United as planned.

Understand medical tests already booked on Sunday for AWB! 🩺

Fee will be £15m. Man United authorized AWB to travel… Mazraoui, joining soon.

£15m fee for just a medical seems a bit high.

• But what a medical it will be.
  • So I guess Zouma's medical is ongoing....They trying to locate a machine that recognises he has real knees......
  • Amazing window for us! Guarantee other clubs fans are in disbelief and jealous.
    I was impressed we got Kilman but players like Todibo, Summerville and Fullkrug (I’ve decided after reading about him plus what he had to say that I really like him now) really are great additions to the team.
    There’s always plenty of wheelin’ and dealin’ near the end of the window. Perhaps we can drop a few and snag a couple too.

Virtually a whole new team and manager. Once we gel etc we will massively assault the euro places!!
  • One thing I thought was nice about Füllkrug was his loyalty. He only joined Dortmund from Bremen where he had spent most of his career and throughout last season you would spot Füllkrug wearing Bremen shinpads to his Dortmund jersey. I wonder if he brought them and what our fans would make of this.
  • If they're his lucky shinpads and he scores a shedload of goals, no one care.
  • So are you happy for last season's Zouma to be a starting CB this season?

alderz said:

Personally, yes

Thank goodness the club feels differently 😂🤣😂.

• Don’t get this hate pile in on Zouma.
    He’s been great for us and I’ll be sad to see him go.
This discussion has been closed.