Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Yeah, but first he has to pass his medical….
  • I just read that but my hope that it’s true is blinding the fact that I’ll be surprised (so pleasantly) if true!! Getting him off the books would be amazing.
  • Life seems so hectic, crazy, drama filled and time just simply flies by....Some exciting signings and a new manager at the helm, COYI......
  • I feel more hopeful now Ex has mentioned the club has a taker for Zouma. The fact that someone will ignore his medical results and pay his high wages is still tapping me on my sensible shoulder.
  • Squad looks good. ⚒⚒ Has anyone checked the homegrown quota - I cant work it out!. Don’t want to win the league and then be deducted points!!!😜
  • Squad looks good. ⚒⚒ Has anyone checked the homegrown quota - I cant work it out!. Don’t want to win the league and then be deducted points!!!😜

Think we are good
    HG (7/8): Foderingham, Cresswell, JWP, Bowen, Antonio, Ings, Summerville

FG (15/17): Areola, Fab, Coufal, Manos, Aguerd, Zouma, Emerson, Alvarez, Guido, Soucek, Irving, Kudus, Paqueta, Cornet, Fullkrug

U21: Guilherme

So 1 HG spot (AWB?) and 2 foreign spots, and that's not including likely (unlikely) departures like Zouma, Ings, Aguerd, Soucek, Cornet etc.
  • Excellent. Thanks WHU-Champ………
  • edited August 6
    Just reading that Liverpools intensifying interest in Newcastles Gordon has seen a 3 man replacement list drawn up. Two of those players are our own Bowen and Kudus (along with Eze).

Now I have little experience as a manager or a recruiter but doesn't Gordon play left side? The opposite side of our two? I'll give you Eze as he does. Perhaps when you write something you should at least try to get the it's of where people play (I know Newcastle have enquired for Bowen but that would be to take Almirons place and compete with Murphy who at 5.5M on FPL is someone who I am interested in)
  • edited August 6

Squad looks good. ⚒⚒ Has anyone checked the homegrown quota - I cant work it out!. Don’t want to win the league and then be deducted points!!!😜

Think we are good

FG (15/17): Areola, Fab, Coufal, Manos, Aguerd, Zouma, Emerson, Alvarez, Guido, Soucek, Irving, Kudus, Paqueta, Cornet, Fullkrug

So 1 HG spot (AWB?) and 2 foreign spots, and that's not including likely (unlikely) departures like Zouma, Ings, Aguerd, Soucek, Cornet etc.
    I've seen conflicting reports (some saying he is, and others saying he isn't), but however I've tried to understand the PL homegrown rules I can't make Summerville count as HG. Have you seen something official to say that he qualifies?

Think we are good

I've seen conflicting reports (some saying he is, and others saying he isn't), but however I've tried to understand the PL homegrown rules I can't make Summerville count as HG. Have you seen something official to say that he qualifies?

I may be wrong, but my understanding was that a player has to play for 3 years at a club as a U21 player

Summerville is 22, 4 years at Leeds, so I interpret that as 3 years trained at a English team

I may be wrong though
  • The regs I've read have been that he has to do 3 years (or 3 seasons I've also seen stated) at a club before he turns 21 (or alternatively, before the end of the season in which he turns 21). He signed for Leeds on 16th September 2020, and turned 21 on 30th October 2022. Even pushing to the end of that season (say, 30th June 2023), that's less than 3 years and less than 3 complete seasons.

I may be wrong though 😂🤣😂.
  • If they count the first season at Leeds as a whole season ( despite him only joining from Sept) then he'd count as hg

The final season extends to the end of the season he turned 21.
    ?
  • edited August 6
    MrsGrey said:

If they count the first season at Leeds as a whole season ( despite him only joining from Sept) then he'd count as hg

The final season extends to the end of the season he turned 21.
    ?

But why would they count it as a whole season if he joined in the middle of September; it clearly isn't a whole season. As I say, however I interpret any rules I've read, I still can't get him to qualify as HG, although, as I've said, I have read in a couple of places, that he does qualify as HG.

Saying that, it is very, very nearly a whole season in 2020/21, as the season started late due to the late finishing of the previous season because of the Covid break; however, the PL started on 12th September 2020, so still not quite a complete season for Summerville.
  • edited August 6

Saying that, it is very, very nearly a whole season in 2020/21, as the season started late due to the late finishing of the previous season because of the Covid break; however, the PL started on 12th September 2020, so still not quite a complete season for Summerville.

Having only just thought of the late season start, if they go by the PL squad registration date (although there's no reason why they should) then Summerville might qualify, as the squad isn't registered until after the transfer window has closed, which is obviously after he was transferred.

Equally though, as u21s don't need to be registered, it still should really go by the date he actually signed, which means he still isn't HG. I guess we might not know for sure until the end of the transfer window when such things as squad lists are published as they usually state which players qualify as HG.

• Is he hg or not? Hahaha
  • Isn't Kilman missing off the home grown list?
  • IronHerb said:

Isn't Kilman missing off the home grown list?

Yep. I make it 7 - Foderingham, Kilman, Cresswell, Ward-Prowse, Bowen, Antonio and Ings.

re: Summerville
    Rules said:

An "association-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which the player turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which the player turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with a club or with other clubs affiliated to the same association as that of his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months.

Clear as mud.

But, the way I read it, I don't see how he can be classed as homegrown. If it's 3 years prior to his 21st birthday he would have needed to be signed by 30th October 2019, which he wasn't. If it's 3 years prior to the end of the season that he turned 21 during, he would have needed to be signed by 27th May 2020, which he also wasn't.
  • alderz said:

But, the way I read it, I don't see how he can be classed as homegrown. If it's 3 years prior to his 21st birthday he would have needed to be signed by 30th October 2019, which he wasn't. If it's 3 years prior to the end of the season that he turned 21 during, he would have needed to be signed by 27th May 2020, which he also wasn't.

He very nearly makes it under the 3 seasons rule, but was signed a few days after the delayed start of the 2020/21 season; going by "a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship" then he's not HG as the season started on 12th September 2020 and he signed 4 days later.

• The club have accepted a bid for Zouma & he is due for a medical shortly, according to some reports (& Ex). Potentially a club in Dubai.
  • Lukerz said:

The club have accepted a bid for Zouma & he is due for a medical shortly, according to some reports (& Ex). Potentially a club in Dubai.

Is this extra info this morning, or just stuff that was reported yesterday?

• I think the confirmation from Ex of an offer accepted for Zouma from a club in Dubai is more concrete than what was reported yesterday?
  • Lukerz said:

I think the confirmation from Ex of an offer accepted for Zouma from a club in Dubai is more concrete than what was reported yesterday?

I read that on KUMB yesterday, so just wondered whether this was anything extra.

• If Zouma passes the medical without problems I will be amazed, but also happy for West Ham and Zouma himself.
  • Apparently it's a free transfer
  • A
    alderz said:

Apparently it's a free transfer

So be it at least it gets £100k plus per week off our payroll.
  • I only discovered this screen on Transfermarkt today, but I think it's a pretty useful way of being able to see squad depth.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/west-ham-united/kadernachposition/verein/379

• Giving my secrets away, alderz!

I've been using it for years
  • Cresswell and Coufal at LM and RM respectively. Really? It has no credibility 😂🤣😂.
  • Cresswell and Coufal at LM and RM respectively. Really? It has no credibility 😂🤣😂.

I think wingback gets counted as RM and LM on this
  • Have Cresswell down as CB. I know he was positioned there but not sure he played there.
This discussion has been closed.