Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• I wonder IF with the arrival of Guido Rodriguez, and IF another CB wasn’t signed, IF J-Lo (used to have a little, now has a lot) would consider deploying Alvarez centre half (plays there regularly for Mexico). 🧐
  • So AWB seems furthest away in this current transfer whirlwind 🌪️

• Ravel49 said:

So AWB seems furthest away in this current transfer whirlwind 🌪️

With AWB and our RB search we have time to get it done, even if it's right up untill deadline day because we have Coufal at the club already
  • Ravel49 said:

So AWB seems furthest away in this current transfer whirlwind 🌪️

That Romano tweet makes it sound, to me at least, like they won't sign Mazraoui until AWB leaves, and then the quote tweet seems to suggest the Mazraoui deal is happening imminently. So maybe AWB closer to leaving that first thought?
  • ☀️

• 1 today
    2 tomorrow
    1 Wednesday
    Is what I’m saying 💥
  • one down ,six to go if my sums are right =)
  • Ex also stating that Fullkrugs price isn’t as much as is being quoted. Nice to know and sounds very much like us.

Really happy Summerville has signed!

AWB taking too long and think he will go to Inter. Sort of hope I’m wrong and I like him but there are other RBs out there
  • Up early are we Baz =)
  • Summerville looks like he could be a Benni, but with the end product which Benni's game always lacked. Great with the ball at his feet, could beat players for fun and just lacked that final pass or shot, if so the price could prove good value.

AWB does look as though he sees us as something he may have to settle for if he can find no better so I am not sure that will happen, which is a shame from a quality point of view.
  • edited August 3
    steve said:

Up early are we Baz =)

First lay in I’ve had in ages! Camping in Tahoe until recently and my bed welcomed me back in style!

Saw that we are interested in Zakaria? Wondering why about that. (Realized I should at least keep the subject matter somewhat relevant to thread)
  • Bazshuayi said:

AWB taking too long and think he will go to Inter. Sort of hope I’m wrong and I like him but there are other RBs out there

AWB's move to Inter was reliant on Dumfries going the other way but Dumfries returned to training today and all the pundits seem to think he will sign a 4 year deal this week
  • Very exciting signing

Hope he's more Bowen then Benrahma (not that Benrahma "failed")

It may be a risk, but a 22 year old who's championship player of the season in a position we don't really have a natural player for (none of Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta excel on the left)

Very exciting
  • We've been linked with a lot of players for LW/LAM this window, and although Summerville was mentioned early on, the asking price generally touted at that stage was about £40m which seemed to be a stumbling block.

So, having been linked with a good few players for the position since, it's only really in the last few days that we've been linked again, but at a much more reasonable £25m plus add-ons. Nicely played us imo.
  • Even that 25M quoted may be more than we paid as plenty of comments about us meeting his release clause and general moaning about the past regime for it. I think we have snagged a bargain and one article even says we have an agreement with Leeds not to disclose the amount (which implies to me it's way lower and will annoy Leeds fans).

That and the already mentioned lower Fullkrug fee seems like two players for less

Also Farkes comments about Summerville are glowing and he's a real talent IMO with age plus room for improvement on his side.

A really good signing and we haven't paid over the odds too
  • in a position we don't really have a natural player for (none of Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta excel on the left)

Er, Maxwel Cornet? Started all three friendlies in July but wasn't even on the bench against Palace

Not even a whisper of him moving so far
  • AWB started and played 83 minutes early this morning
    At least he’s getting minutes in the tank
    But still suggests to me not that close
  • in a position we don't really have a natural player for (none of Bowen, Kudus, Paqueta excel on the left)

Er, Maxwel Cornet? Started all three friendlies in July but wasn't even on the bench against Palace

Not even a whisper of him moving so far
    Err.... who?

Seriously though I don't think Cornet future is at the club, even if he does stay this window

No-one being interested show how little othe teams think of him
  • Oddly I've read a few comments from Leeds fans who were disappointed they didn't get Cornet as a part-ex for Summerville
  • What's happening about the deadwood at our club?I'm talking about the likes of Zouma and Ings and would also include aguerd and maybe controversially soucek as well.
    Zouma and Ings have both got this season until their contracts run out so unfortunately they might just sit it out.
  • edited August 4
    I personally do not see Soucek as deadwood. I know his passing is weak and he lacks pace, but his contributions in both boxes is significant. He has such experience in the PL now that I see him as an important squad member. Yes we need improvement, but if he moved on we would need another CM anyway.

Ings and Cornet I agree. Especially Ings due to his wages which are ridiculously high.
  • I don’t see Zouma as deadwood. He was first choice last season, and he’s still probably first choice next to Kilman for now too. I get that people want him replaced, but he will undoubtedly play a lot of games this season unless something changes in the next couple of weeks.
  • The only players I’d argue we could let go are Ings & Cornet. Nobody else in our squad is deadwood but there are several players in the 28-32 bracket. Zouma will not be leaving on his wages with his knees so it will be Aguerd as the only possibility & then we’d need to replace him or buy before we let him go.
  • New manager, new attitude...so some players may not be dead wood any more. Optimistically, I'm looking at Ings. But honestly if we buy a cf then he should be sold. Same for Zouma and Aguerd. Cresswell goes from third choice lb to captain.
    I liked Somerville two years ago, and Cornet is now not needed. Sell him to Walls if we have to. 😁
  • Given we tried for Tobido and Tomori after Kilman signed, seems likentis still high on our wishlist

Maybe we were expecting interest for Zouma or Aguerd as technically we have 4 senior CBs so not really space for a 5th (Guido and Alvarez have placed CB as well apparently)

Think that we'd prefer to sell a CB to bring in another, but thebitnerest just might now be there

Think we'd bin off Ings and Cornet in a heartbeat, but again nobody seems to be interested in them
  • Lukerz said:

The only players I’d argue we could let go are Ings & Cornet. Nobody else in our squad is deadwood but there are several players in the 28-32 bracket. Zouma will not be leaving on his wages with his knees so it will be Aguerd as the only possibility & then we’d need to replace him or buy before we let him go.

So what you are saying is Zouma isn't deadwood because his wages are too high and his knees are shot?.Which they are.
    Strange.

This discussion has been closed.