Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Rumours that Inter Milan are back in for AWB. Player prefers that option.
  • Rodríguez used to play with Alvarez… So a freebie who knows a potential playing partner sounds good.

Also, with strikers in mind, the biggest problem I have with the Germanis that I want the Columbian
  • Summerville completes West Ham medical
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:
    Crysencio Summerville has completed his West Ham United medical.
    A formal announcement of his move from Leeds United could come in the next 24 hours.
    West Ham were hopeful the deal could be done in time for him to be able to play some part in the pre-season tour of the USA. If not, then the player will remain in London.
  • No messing about on this one

• Ravel49 said:

💥

Anyone know if this guy is a reliable source

• Medical booked for Guido Rodriguez tomorrow apparently
  • He’s basically sky sports germanys answer to Dharmesh Sheth
  • Guido Rodriguez seems like a very handy signing on a free. Was all set to go to Barcelona until the change of manager. I'd have thought he'll be competition for Alvarez or cover for him when he's out, as well as an option to play alongside him if we're setting up more defensively.
  • As I mentioned earlier, I'm not thrilled by Fullkrug as a signing, and certainly not for the figures being mentioned. A lot of players who score a lot in the Bundesliga don't manage to bring that form with them to the PL, and I'm also concerned that, despite our intended change in style this coming season, we'll still be having way less of the ball than Dortmund had last season; will a player that isn't blessed with much pace be effective, or will he just be a German Danny Ings?
  • Ravel49 said:

No messing about on this one

Wallop.
  • If Fullkrug for £25m sounds bad, then how about £25m for Fullkrug and Rodriguez. Much better deal. We needed a striker, and a midfielder, and both positions for £25m is solid business I reckon.
  • So potentially by the end of the weekend

In: (£115mil approx)
    £40mil Kilman
    £25mil Guilherme
    £ 0 mil Foderingham
    £23mil Fullkrug
    £25mil Summerville
    £ 0 mil Rodriguez

Out: (£30mil)
    £18mil Downes
    £11mil Benrahma
    £ 9 mil Kehrer
    £ 1 mil Trott
    £ 0 mil - Ogbonna, Johnson, Mubama

Think you'd take that as a West Ham fan right now with Right backs clearly being targetted already
  • edited August 2
    We are giving the medical team overtime?😅

Really chuffed we got Summerville. When he plays, Bowen will not be our only dangerous wing option and Summerville, Kudus and Bowen are a baller threat!
  • I have known so little about our targets and acquisitions this window I am simply taking Tim's targets on trust and hoping to be as pleasantly surprised as I was last summer. I have no idea if we have a Bowen or a Beauchamp in Roderiguez. Excited to see them all on the pitch.
  • Rodriguez is Argentina's DM and I think a big result to sneak him on a free. Also, as mentioned above, he's played with Alvarez before so they'll know each other's game if playing alongside at any time
  • edited August 3
    Guido Rodriguez, solid tacking anchor man

173 appearances for Real Betis since joining in January 2020, missed 3 months last season after he suffered a fractured right fibula in training that required surgery but before that only two weeks absence due to injury. Just 8 goals and 4 assists but an impressive 42 yellow card plus a red

Previous shirt numbers 5 and 21 both taken (Coufal, Foderington)
    Bazshuayi said:

Rodriguez is Argentina's DM and I think a big result to sneak him on a free.

30 caps for Argentina although the last time he was in the starting XI was against Mexico in the 2022 World Cup. In the 25 matches since then he's come on as a substitute three times for a total of half an hour but only absent from the bench once
    Bazshuayi said:

Also, as mentioned above, he's played with Alvarez before so they'll know each other's game if playing alongside at any time

74 appearances with Alvarez for CF America in the Mexican top flight 2017/18 and 2018/19. Back then Alvarez was mostly a centre back/right back although he played in midfield along side Rodriguez 24 times
  • Now this is the sort of transfer chat I wanted to wake up to.
  • "Anyone know if this guy is a reliable source"

Isn't he the Seth of SKY Germany?
  • edited August 3
    (Summary - as of 08:20am)

Ex saying Summerville announced this afternoon, media work this morning.

Fullkrug & Rodriguez due for medicals today/tomorrow, club hoping to complete deals by Monday.

Possibility of Villa accepting our bid for Duran before Fullkrug completes, giving us a decision to make on which one - possibility of a loan with obligation to buy for Duran, which would mean he can’t play against Villa on opening day & we still sign Fullkrug.

Wan-Bissaka still being worked on.
  • edited August 3
    Other than Killman, all of our signings are gambles. I would be cautious over them, albeit excited.

Summerville was superb in the Championship, but not proven in the PL. Did show glimpses a couple of years ago, but just that.

Fullkrug has good experience & pedigree, but hasn’t played in the PL & is now in the latter stages of his career.

Rodriguez has no experience of English football, but again has good international & club pedigree (but so did Radoslav Kovac!).

Guilherme is 18 & hasn’t played outside of Brazil. Foderingham won’t play. Wan-Bissaka would be a good signing as he would fall into the Kilman category - prime years, PL experience.

Hopeful, but cautious. We do, however, have plenty of PL experience in our squad.
  • Most transfers have a 'gamble' or at least a 'risk' element to them.
    But I like you Lukerz am excited by our signings and potential signings.

I am most excited about Summerville, I think he could add that balance up front we have missed. I think a 3 of Bowen, Kudus and Sommerville with Alavarez and another CM behind them and a striker in front of them would be very exciting. Or add another CM instead of a striker and playing a false 9 type thing would mean Paqueta could be added. Options have increased!
  • I believe Summerville will be class and a real threat on our left. I'm still surprised we have got him.

Also Summerville sounds like a lovely place to stay. So it must be a good thing, right...
  • It's 1.26am I am totally in the clouds but I still know it's going to be an exciting weekend for our club! Hopefully, greedy that I am, an exciting rest of the TF window too
  • Bet Villa are regretting turning down £32m for Duran. Not sure they’ll get that offer again.
  • Bazshuayi said:

It's 1.26am I am totally in the clouds but I still know it's going to be an exciting weekend for our club! Hopefully, greedy that I am, an exciting rest of the TF window too

Don’t go to bed 😜
  • Lukerz said:

Bet Villa are regretting turning down £32m for Duran. Not sure they’ll get that offer again.

Another year of not playing behind Watkins isn’t going to drive his price up
  • Lukerz said:

Summerville was superb in the Championship, but not proven in the PL. Did show glimpses a couple of years ago, but just that.

He doesn't have much of a Premier League record but it is encouraging

2021/22 6 appearances
    2022/23 28 appearances, 12 starts, 4 goals (Fulham, Liverpool, Bournemouth, Spurs) and 2 assists (West Ham, Wolves)
This discussion has been closed.