Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Sky saying we are close to an agreement for Wan-Bissaka.

Happy with Wan-Bissaka
  • I did agree but lets get him first
  • Are we close to agreement with Man U or Bissaka cause I think he could be the problem
  • Manchester Evening News says that "West Ham's offer should convince Wan-Bissaka"

Football Insider says we've pulled out of negotiations over Walker-Peters
  • ♟️ move 🤔

West Ham open Fullkrug talks with Dortmund
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:
    West Ham have opened talks with Borussia Dortmund over the signing of striker Niclas Fullkrug.
    West Ham are discussing the conditions of a deal for the Germany international.

It is understood the 31-year-old is open to the move and personal terms are not expected to be an issue.
    Fullkrug has two years left on his contract at Dortmund.
    Sky Sports News reported yesterday that Fullkrug had emerged as a potential striker target for West Ham.
    Julen Lopetegui's side have been looking seriously at other forward targets after being unable to find an agreement with Aston Villa for Jhon Duran.
  • Emile Smith Rowe having a medical with Fulham. Were we linked with him?
  • Any thoughts on here about Fullkrug 31 years old bit of a jump from Duran who is 20 .interesting what you guys think
  • We could do with Duran and Fullkrug honestly
  • Emile Smith Rowe having a medical with Fulham. Were we linked with him?

At £27mil + £7mil add-ons I'd be very surprised if we were

He hasn't played much football for 2 years, has struggle with form and fitness

He has potential, but he's also a risk, the 21/22 season is a outlier for him it's really the only season he's done anything

He's not a "prospect" really either, he's 24, the same age as Kudus
  • Smith Rowe could be a bit of a sick note unfortunately.

• The Fullkrug deal screams 'trying to show Villa we're prepared to move on, even though we're not' to me
  • But he's better than what we have so not a silly move.
  • edited July 30
    I agree, but we could end up with both of them, which wouldn’t be a bad thing.
  • Lukerz said:

Nor am I, but Lopetegui tried to sign him at Wolves & I’m concerned about Zouma’s fitness. Aguerd could partner Kilman, but would mean two LCBs in a pairing. Not impossible.

Zouma was so slow in Jacksonville - he made Biden look like Carl Lewis - really noticeable - for the record I was impressed with our new Brazilian winger, covered the ground quickly and seemed switched on
  • Zouma was so slow in Jacksonville - he made Biden look like Carl Lewis - really noticeable - for the record I was impressed with our new Brazilian winger, covered the ground quickly and seemed switched on

This is a huge concern for me, I can't believe some here are happy for him to be one of our starting CBs this season.

• Is Joe Biden available? I think he might be available after January.
  • Biden his time waiting for the big sign on fee. Someone had to go there and I’m surrounded by bears in S Lake Tahoe so it might be the last time I pun…

Ohhh and Zouma should not start for us again. If I was a West Ham defender and couldn’t start ahead of him I’d be seeking a transfer!
  • Is today the day the teddy bears have their picnic 🧺

• So, unless the Fullkrug story is to get Villa to contact us & reconsider accepting the Duran offer, we seem to have changed our thinking. We’ve gone from a long term solution (20 years old) to our striker issue to a short term one (31 years old).
  • alderz said:

The Fullkrug deal screams 'trying to show Villa we're prepared to move on, even though we're not' to me

What’s your thoughts on the “ grassy knoll theory “?

• Ex reporting that Orford will sign a new five-year deal.
  • To add to that, we have resumed talks for John Duran according to a couple of sources on Twitter (not sure how reliable).
  • Soule has officially moved to Roma & Everton have signed Jake O'brien

So that's 2 linked names you can scratch off the 100+ list of players we've been linked to
  • Slacker said:

alderz said:

The Fullkrug deal screams 'trying to show Villa we're prepared to move on, even though we're not' to me

What’s your thoughts on the “ grassy knoll theory “?

I'm no expert, but my Year 11 history teacher - Mr Stenner - explained to us that the angle of the bullets doesn't make sense for it to have been Lee Harvey Oswald alone. I haven't checked with him, but I reckon he also thinks the Fullkrug deal might be a ruse.
  • Lukerz said:

So, unless the Fullkrug story is to get Villa to contact us & reconsider accepting the Duran offer, we seem to have changed our thinking. We’ve gone from a long term solution (20 years old) to our striker issue to a short term one (31 years old).

It depends on what we mean by short term. Fullkrug might be 31, but that's 3 years younger than Antonio, and his playing style is less about intense running or being reliant on pace. He could easily be the answer for the next 3/4 years. Similarly, Dhuran might come in and be great and be sold in 2 years.

Also, We don't know that we were only ever after one striker, though. It's very possible that we want both.
  • In The Knoll?

Doesn’t really work but I’ll stand by it
  • Man Utd off to a good start

Last season they suffered 66 separate injuries

18 July they sign 18yo CB Leny Yoro from Lille for £52.2m + £6.7m add ons

28 July Yoro gets injured in a friendly against Arsenal, last seen on crutches wearing a protective boot

Bonus. Hojlund came off with a hamstring problem during the same game
  • Sky reporting we are close to Wan-Bissaka and in "advanced talks" with Leeds over Summerville
  • will believe we will get summerville when we get him =)
  • Various places (probably copycats) saying he wants to come, agreed terms and we are in advanced talks. The old familiar agreeing a fee is the hurdle! And in the meantime someone else comes in or we ‘walk away’ as they don’t want to give him away cheaply.

I still have unfounded optimism we will get AWB, Duran and Summerville. That would be beautiful
This discussion has been closed.