Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• steve said:

He should have held out for 95,000 should someone tell him =)

Is that before or after after tax and national insurance?
  • Pengeman said:

"Duran has now agreed to a £90,000-a-week deal with West Ham and all parties expect the deal to get done imminently".
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-jhon-duran-agrees-90000-a-week-west-ham-deal/

I suppose nothing is certain until it is signed, sealed and delivered.

That article is both an exclusive and 3 hours old 😳.

What can we believe
  • I think it's been reported for a while that we had already agreed personal terms ( nothing about agents fees though!!!) and it's Villa playing hard ball that the issue (and familiarly, us not just parting with a little extra to get it over the line in a timely fashion).

I personally think he would be really good for us and I want us to push the boat out for Summerville too. Now that would be an offensive unit we would have!
  • edited July 27

If the player had more than 2 grey cells he could sign the contract and tell the agent to do one and if all clubs refused to pay the agents the exorbitant sums they’d either disappear or come to some form of reality.
    I doubt very much there’s a single agent who has his clients interests or career at heart.

I've read several players who say that the contracts are extremely complicated, almost impossible for anyone without legal/business experience to understand and they rely on agents to check the fine print
    Pengeman said:

"Duran has now agreed to a £90,000-a-week deal with West Ham and all parties expect the deal to get done imminently".
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-jhon-duran-agrees-90000-a-week-west-ham-deal/

I suppose nothing is certain until it is signed, sealed and delivered.

The problem isn't with the player, the problem is we can't agree a fee with Villa
  • Florian Plettenberg (Sky Sports Germany) reckons that Man U have lowered their asking price for AWB to £10-15m

The Athletic claim that AWB wants to go to Inter but it would be a part-ex with Denzel Dumfries going the other way although talks are "not advanced"

I don't see Man U signing Mazraoui AND Dumfries so AWB chances of going to Inter seem slim

Good news for us
  • But if AWB doesn't want to come to us, then we should look elsewhere.
  • There’s a difference between not wanting to and having a preference, though. If he’d like to go Inter then I think there’s a deal to be done for us. If he only wants to go to Inter, then there isn’t. A bit like with Todibo.
  • alderz said:

There’s a difference between not wanting to and having a preference, though. If he’d like to go Inter then I think there’s a deal to be done for us. If he only wants to go to Inter, then there isn’t. A bit like with Todibo.

Exactly how I see it, and tbf I see why they'd have their preference

For Todibo, Juve star may be a bit dulled at the moment but they're the biggest Italian team, a European giant who have Chanpions league and aspire to win titles

Wan-Bissaka has the exact same scenario with Inter

Mazraoui has an opportunity to play for historically the biggest team in the Prem who pay a LOT of money in wages / wigning fees

Our fans want us to be ambitious, then we can't be upset when the players we are after are also courted by bigger teams then us and decide they dont want to join us over their alternatives
  • IronHerb said:
    Villains having a meltdown
    Irons delirious

• Lopetegui refuses to be drawn on West Ham transfer talk
    West Ham manager Julen Lopetegui refused to discuss transfer targets as the Hammers continue their preparations for the new season.
    The Londoners have made three signings so far in Max Kilman, Luis Guilherme and Wes Foderingham but Lopetegui says the focus for him and sporting director Tim Steidten is the players who are currently at the club.
    "He [Steidten] is here with us and we talk every day, but we have to put our concentration in the players we have here with us," Lopetegui said.
    "It's about the players who are here and putting the focus in them.
    "Three of them arrived on Monday in Tomas [Soucek], Mick [Antonio] and Vladi [Coufal] and the others will return in the coming days."
  • Gazzetta dello Sport report that Inter have reached a verbal agreement with Dumfries who will sign when he returns to Italy on 3 August. A 3-year or 4-year deal with pay rising from €2.5m pa to €4m pa

Doesn't sound like Inter are quite as keen on signing Wan-Bissaka as Wan-Bissaka is on signing for Inter
  • Artem Dovbyk looks very much to be going to Roma as per FabRom
  • Corriere dello Sport say that Inter will go after Monaco's Brazilian 23yo RB Vanderson if Dumfries doesn't sign a new contract

Wan-Bissaka's move to Milan looking less likely every day
  • Word on The Tweet

• Brereton Diaz going to saints 7mill .Should have been all over that . =) So guess that puts pay to Ings going there
  • West Ham are willing to meet AS Monaco's 35m euros (£29.5m) price tag demand for 25-year old French midfielder Youssouf Fofana. (L'Equipe - in French), external.
  • steve said:

Brereton Diaz going to saints 7mill .Should have been all over that . =) So guess that puts pay to Ings going there

Ings wages too much for Saints
  • I feel that if there is one existing player who could surprise this season if given the chance it may be Ings. He does things well which tells me he can be a good player if we play to his strengths, which the way Moyes set us up didn't. Moyes played to Antomio's strengths in a fast and bullying running at defenders way and that's not Ings game. Ings will make a shorter run into space or drop off a defender to give himself space to finish or even hold up the ball for the runners from deep. We don't really know J-Lo's set up with this squad yet but he may allow Ings an entry into making more of an impact. I hope so as despite his lack of minutes he appears to have been very professional and a healthy part of the squad.
  • #DitheringDave

• edited July 29
    Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Mavropanos - Kilman - Emerson
    Ward-Prowse - Álvarez - Paquetá
    Bowen - Kudus
    Duran

Could be what we are looking at based on latest murmurings.
  • Still not convinced about Mavropanos.
  • Nor am I, but Lopetegui tried to sign him at Wolves & I’m concerned about Zouma’s fitness. Aguerd could partner Kilman, but would mean two LCBs in a pairing. Not impossible.
  • Seems very slow at the moment.
  • Nelson assessing options as West Ham eye move
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:
    Arsenal forward Reiss Nelson wants to assess all his options once he returns from the club’s pre-season tour of the United States.
    A number of clubs in the Premier League and Europe are interested in signing Nelson this summer.
    Leicester City have held talks with Arsenal. West Ham are also keeping an eye on his situation.
    Nelson is open about his next move, but it’s thought staying in the Premier League is his preference.
    Nelson’s contract is up in 2027 with the option of a further year.
  • Any striker that we have not been linked with
  • steve said:

Any striker that we have not been linked with

Ricky van Wolfswinkel.. yet 😜
  • Sky saying we are close to an agreement for Wan-Bissaka.
This discussion has been closed.