Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Summerville just got a “here we go” from Romano, so it looks likely that he’s coming in.
  • Medical in next 24 hours apparently
  • edited July 31
    That obviously implies a fee has been agreed. Really hopeful! Exciting signing for our left side
  • Then he,s going to fly to join the team in the states .guess he will pass them flying the other way home =)
  • Areola / Fabianski

Coufal / Wan-Bissaka(?) - Mavropanos / Zouma - Kilman / Aguerd - Emerson / Cresswell

Alvarez / Potts(?) - Soucek / Ward-Prowse - Paqueta / Earthy(?)

Bowen / Guilherme - Fullkrug(?) / Antonio - Kudus / Summerville

Shaping up to be a pretty good squad. Perhaps light in a couple of areas, but that's fine.
  • If we do get Summersville, Wan-Bissaka and a striker, I for one will be happy.
  • 22 year old attacker, championship player of the season, fee less than Smith-Rowe

Very happy with this signing (if it happens)
  • The fact that financial fair play is now being effectively applied through points deductions will change the transfer market and make the idea of splurging 80m on a big name player without prospect of a re-sale due to age a thing of the past. The money now has to have a chance of being recycled and in this respect Summerville is a good buy as at 22 he will hopefully either prove a Bowen and stay or retain sale value if wanting to leave as his contract winds down, bringing the money back in.

We were very fortunate to get the Rice money at this time and a lot of clubs are simply not spending as they once did due to FFP being relevant now.
  • edited August 1
    So, if we sign Summerville (& keep our other attackers), we will be looking at…

Álvarez - JWP
    Kudus - Paquetá - Summerville
    Bowen

Or one of those misses out should we want to play with a ‘natural’ striker, plus not to mention the potential of Guilherme.

I think we also need a very strong CM to play alongside Álvarez (when he is fit) to enable that front four to have the licence to attack. We will also need to be very good defensively.
  • Can also drop Paqueta back to CM if we have a striker. It means JWP loses out but I don’t think he did anywhere near enough to justify a guaranteed place. I know he had good chance creation stats but arguably a more effective outfield player could have contributed to the team collectively creating more chance d
  • edited August 1
    I have seen a few accounts on ‘X’ saying that. I think Lopetegui would need to work wonders in order for that to be successful. Paquetá can be very reckless & sloppy on the ball.

Possible 11

Areola
    Wan-Bissaka - Mavropanos - Kilman - Emerson
    Kudus - Álvarez - Paquetá
    Bowen - Füllkrug - Summerville
  • 🧺⌛️

• Doesn't our US tour finish on Saturday? With the medical and PR still to do I can't see there's much chance of any benefit from trying to get him out there tbh, even if things go smoothly.
  • Doesn't our US tour finish on Saturday? With the medical and PR still to do I can't see there's much chance of any benefit from trying to get him out there tbh, even if things go smoothly.

It will give him an opportunity to visit Disney, Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, etc
  • edited August 1

Doesn't our US tour finish on Saturday? With the medical and PR still to do I can't see there's much chance of any benefit from trying to get him out there tbh, even if things go smoothly.

What they have done in the past is bypass the PR/media stuff. They can get his medical done & him announced out in the US, whack it on website & then good to go.
  • It looks like Summerville & Fullkrug are close. I’m not convinced we’ll get AWB.

If we did manage to get those three, I’d say all we’d need to do is sign another CB & CM, before shifting possibly Aguerd, Cornet & Ings.
  • I'd be surprised if AWB didn't arrive, tbh.
  • What I found odd, if negotiations are as advanced as they say, that he started and played 62 minutes in the early hours of this morning. 🤔
  • Yeah I don’t think we’ll get him. Feels like Maguire from last year.
  • The current reports are that we've agreed personal terms but not a deal with United. The difference, for me, with this and Maguire is that United was £15m for AWB and they wanted more than £30m for Maguire. I can't see why we wouldn't pay that price when we're reported to have offered "more than £10m" already.
  • edited August 1
    Thought it was going to be about 15 mill
  • Full fat my man, paying a premium 🥛
  • Fullkrug is currently training with Dortmund so he is not that close to joining.
  • Maybe still a bit of game involving Duran.
  • €30m feels way too much for a 31 year old who really doesn't seem to fit the profile of a CF that we've been linked with so far. I know we're looking to be more possession based this season, but we're not suddenly going to jump up to 60-65% possession in all our games, so I'm disappointed we're not looking for a more mobile CF tbh, especially for this sort of money.
  • I also don't think we should be paying anything too high for a 31yr old. He's decent but we should lay out that much more for Duran and have that real scope for a long career with us or a decent profit from a 20 yr old. I still really hope we get Duran!

Also think we will get AWB. Personal terms agreed. I think a case of us getting to so mid ground on the 10M and 18M difference in valuation
  • Being reported that not total agreement with Leeds or Summerville for the transfer, but medical is complete (Florian Plettenberg).
  • Is that Cheerleading from the stands

• Latest murmurings is the Duran deal is back on.
This discussion has been closed.