Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Bazshuayi said:

Is it right that Orford has a year left and we are struggling to get a new contract sorted? I've read so much gossip inches today I can't remember where I saw it but if true it would make sense to offer known admirers of Orford into the Duran deal

Yeah, I believe that is the case. It was also suggested (on KUMB) that his dad is unhappy with the lad's lack of game time and is keen for a move away from us.

• If he wants game time I don't think Villa is the place for him and may want to look at a Championship or at best an Ipswich type club as Johnson did.
  • steve said:

Am i right that coufal has one year left hope he at lest stays for that ,then if he leaves for free so be it .But i am not ready to say goodbye yet .i love the guy

I agree. We often use legend too freely and I guess we would be doing so if applying it to Coufal, but he is a bit of a legend I feel as he encapsulates what we love in a player, runs all day, fights for everything and so happy when we win. There is talk he has never been paid well in comparison. I hope he has still managed to set himself up for life as many a less committed player has managed to do so.
  • I did ask him the other day if he wanted to swap bank accounts with me. He didn't seem that enthusiastic about it if I am totally honest 😚
  • Bazshuayi said:

I did ask him the other day if he wanted to swap bank accounts with me. He didn't seem that enthusiastic about it if I am totally honest 😚

Apparently he said "It's OK Baz, I don't need the money" =)
  • edited July 26

Bazshuayi said:

Is it right that Orford has a year left and we are struggling to get a new contract sorted? I've read so much gossip inches today I can't remember where I saw it but if true it would make sense to offer known admirers of Orford into the Duran deal

Yeah, I believe that is the case. It was also suggested (on KUMB) that his dad is unhappy with the lad's lack of game time and is keen for a move away from us.

That's true. I've met him and he said that.
  • Nottingham Forest have rejected a West Ham bid for 23-year-old Wales full-back Neco Williams. (HITC)
  • SSN

West Ham have a deal agreed with Nice for Jean-Clair Todibo but given his preference is Juventus, they are looking at other players including Red Bull Salzburg’s Oumar Solet and AC Milan’s Fikayo Tomori.
  • From Ex

“As it stands Aston Villa have rejected our latest offer to them for Jhon Duran. This was thought to be in the region of £32m plus Lewis Orford and a sell on clause,”

“It appeared they tried to get Orford as part of the Duran deal and we facilitated the talks.”

“It does appear that the club realised the nature of the mistake they could be making and seem to be hoping to try and convince Orford to stay with loose contract conversations set to happen today,”

"to date Orford has yet to be offered any contract extension by the club, however it appears the club are now eager to try and resolve the situation"

https://www.thewesthamway.com/2024/07/26/realise-the-nature-exwhuemployee-west-ham-hold-lewis-orford-talks
  • Getting a bit messy
  • Man Utd to hijack Mazraoui deal?
    Manchester United are now pushing to sign Noussair Mazraoui after his deal to West Ham collapsed, report Sky in Germany.
    West Ham had agreed a €19.5m fee with Bayern Munich but the player has reportedly rejected their offer.
  • Even more messy =)
  • Greedy agents again. When are Fifa/UEFA going to crack down on these agents?
  • I think players should be made to pay their agents not the clubs.
  • What difference will that make? The players will just ask for more to pay the agent.
  • It might make a difference. We’ve already reportedly had one agent ask for £10M one off payment when the player had agreed terms so we said no. If the player had more than 2 grey cells he could sign the contract and tell the agent to do one and if all clubs refused to pay the agents the exorbitant sums they’d either disappear or come to some form of reality.
    I doubt very much there’s a single agent who has his clients interests or career at heart.
  • Agents really are the virus in the sport and I do think it's to do with how its structured. In the entertainment industry the agents fees are paid by the artist and not the employer. it frames the deal differently and prevents the player imagining the agents representation is free or less costly. Once a player realises he has to pay the agent directly they will push back and so agents fees will begin to drop, it may be perception but as we know in life and never more so than now, perception is pretty much everything. I have no idea why it was ever allowed to happen in the first place in which the agent negotiates his own fee!

It's very easily sorted by FIFA and UEFA by ensuring all agents must be paid by the instructing player.

I will not criticise our club for letting a deal go due to excessive agents demands.
  • Pleased the deal for the Bayern RB has fallen through. Horrendous injury record & a liability defensively. Move on.
  • I’m glad to read that Coufal is excited by the new managers mindset/pressing high/positive tactics. That’s especially the case if we’ve pulled out. I still hope we go back for KWP. I trust him more and rate him too.
  • edited July 26
    Yes I’d rather we went for KWP.

KWP & Duran. Then focus on a CM & wide player to finish us off.
  • I think we only went for the Bayern guy because Man Utd were interested. We’ve forced their hand so they’ll sell AWB
  • Apparently AWB turned us down. Wants to go to Inter Milan & not keen on us.
  • And that contradicts the Salthouse asking Sullivan to sign AWB comments a week or so ago.

If he thinks he’s too good for us, I’ll be happy for him not to come….
  • So all in all I have wasted the last week trying to keep up with all this =)
  • I think players should be made to pay their agents not the clubs.

Completely agree, the agents are working to get the best deal for their client, so the client should pay the agent. Obviously it may mean a slightly bigger signing on fee for the player, but what on earth is an agent doing that's worth £10m? I know the money in football is ridiculous, but at least the talent is out there performing; if the player and only the player is allowed to pay the agent, then agent fees would soon drop to much more reasonable levels imo. No player would sign a contract with an agent that meant he had to pay £10m for a move.

• steve said:

So all in all I have wasted the last week trying to keep up with all this =)

Just 5 1/2 more weeks to go my friend 🫣
  • "Duran has now agreed to a £90,000-a-week deal with West Ham and all parties expect the deal to get done imminently".
    https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-jhon-duran-agrees-90000-a-week-west-ham-deal/

I suppose nothing is certain until it is signed, sealed and delivered.
  • He should have held out for 95,000 should someone tell him =)
This discussion has been closed.