Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Today’s repetitive guff

Leicester City are rivalling West Ham for Arsenal's 24-year-old English winger Reiss Nelson. (Times - subscription required), external

Manchester United must wait to sell Aaron Wan-Bissaka before recruiting a replacement full-back, with West Ham interested in the 26-year-old English defender. (Manchester Evening News), external

THE ATHLETIC

Aston Villa striker Jhon Duran says he hopes something comes of rumours linking him to "big teams" this summer.
  • He's a bit of a sick note.

Mazraoui

Season - Days - Injuries - Matches Missed

23/24 - 96 - 5 - 19
    22/23 - 72 - 3 - 12
    21/22 - 56 - 4 - 11
    20/21 - 107 - 4 -31
    19/20 - 49 - 4 - 16
    18/19 - 21 - 2 - 7
    17/18 - 21 - 1 - 4

For comparison -

Wan-Bissaka

Season - Days - Injuries - Matches Missed

23/24 - 116 - 2 - 21
    22/23 - 43 - 1 - 8
    21/22 - 14 - 2 - 4
    19/20 - 37 - 3 - 4
    18/19 - 32 - 2 - 6
  • edited July 25
    Noise on Twitter - originating from a journalist who operates in Columbia - that we have reached a verbal agreement with Aston Villa for Duran of just under £35m & he is expected to become a West Ham player soon.
  • I’m not sure why Villa fans seem to dislike Duran. Seems there is a lot ‘behind the scenes’ but I’ve been unable to narrow down what that is specifically & there is no evidence to support it.

He clearly would be interested in leaving Villa given that he is not first choice, they have Watkins & he will want to play games. He’s 20 & isn’t going to want to sit on the bench for another season.

He seems to be an explosive striker & I feel he’d be a good fit to compliment Kudus, Bowen & Paqueta. Certainly seems to have the attributes to do well.
  • Duran hopes links to 'big teams' materialise
    Aston Villa strikerJhon Duran says he hopes something comes of rumours linking him to "big teams" this summer.
    Sky Sports News reported West Ham retain an interest in Duran and Villarreal’s Alexander Sorloth. No formal bids have been made for either striker yet.
    “I take it very calmly with the help of my agent and my father we are taking everything little by little,” Duran told ESPN .
    “Of course the fact my name sounds in those big teams, it is very important for my career.
    “I am happy that these rumours are happening (about a move to West Ham) and hopefully something concrete happens.”
  • Bidness 😎

West Ham sign France youth international Belloumou
    West Ham have signed France youth international Ines Belloumou.
    The 23-year-old full back has agreed a three-year deal and becomes Rehanne Skinner’s fourth signing of the summer transfer window.
    Belloumou will immediately head to Italy to join SS Lazio on loan for the 2024/25 campaign.
    “I feel very proud to be joining West Ham,” Belloumou told whufc.com.
    “I’m someone with a lot of determination. I give everything on the pitch and I’m a big competitor. I want to win!
    “This is a new chapter for me. I have played in France and Germany and I’m now looking forward to playing in England."
  • edited July 25
    Could the young player be Ings =)
  • Ravel49 said:

Bidness 😎

West Ham sign France youth international Belloumou
    West Ham have signed France youth international Ines Belloumou.
    The 23-year-old full back has agreed a three-year deal and becomes Rehanne Skinner’s fourth signing of the summer transfer window.
    Belloumou will immediately head to Italy to join SS Lazio on loan for the 2024/25 campaign.
    “I feel very proud to be joining West Ham,” Belloumou told whufc.com.
    “I’m someone with a lot of determination. I give everything on the pitch and I’m a big competitor. I want to win!
    “This is a new chapter for me. I have played in France and Germany and I’m now looking forward to playing in England."

#Rebuild
  • Ravel49 said:

For some reason the phrasing "£30m plus one young player" made me think of the negotiations sketch on Not the Nine o'clock News:

• Word on the web is the young player is Orford
  • Ravel49 said:

Word on the web is the young player is Orford

Try not to get too attached to youth players but that would be a bit disappointing

Guess the club think Earthy and Potts are ahead of him, although he struck me as a bit more defensive minded than those 2

But then again, what have Alese, Odubeko, Marcus Browne, Baptiste etc. Done after leaving

Youth is so hit and miss

• So feel like Tobido is bound to join Juve once they move
  • That would be a shame, but realistically, Dhuran would be a first team player for a long time, in a position we've needed improvement in for a long time. We might end up regretting letting Orford go, but he also may never have played more than 5 games for us.
  • edited July 25
    Oh no, another young player we’re going to lose who loads of people (who have never seen him play) think is unsellable, only to never hear of them again.

Get Duran in (who ironically is also a young player).
  • edited July 25
    Potts just spent a season on loan and got player of the season for WWFC.

Earthy broke into the side back end of last season.

I wouldn’t worry about Orford.
  • We've moved from 'interested' to 'advanced'. Looks like we're making progress. Mazraoui's injury record isn't great, but that's maybe why he's going for £13m.

But from what I've read he's certainly in the mould of a typical Lopetegui full back.

• Mazraoui does seem a bit of a sick note but Coufal isn't, I'm sure if and when he does get injured Coufal will be fit enough during that period to pull us through
  • dont want to loose Orford .But needs must i guess
  • The Athletic state Duran has already agreed a five year deal with us, as WHU & AV now negotiate a fee that includes Lewis Orford & £30m.
  • Fab now says we’ve offered £32m, Orford & included a sell-on clause into the proposal. Villa value Duran at £40m.
  • If they want a sell on clause, they must rate him. I hope it isn't too high.
  • Cor this is Jhoning on a bit today isn’t it… 🧥
  • edited July 25
    Lukerz said:

I’m not sure why Villa fans seem to dislike Duran. Seems there is a lot ‘behind the scenes’ but I’ve been unable to narrow down what that is specifically & there is no evidence to support it.

He clearly would be interested in leaving Villa

Looks like Duran has burnt his bridges with both Villa and their supporters. Surely that gives us an upper hand in negotiations. I’m sure Emery doesn’t want him sulking on the bench next season.

According to the Beeb:
    Villa are prepared to let the striker, who joined from Chicago Fire for around £18m in January 2023, leave. He has made just three Premier League starts and has been open to finding a new club.

What makes him worth £40m now?
  • Mazraoui does seem a bit of a sick note but Coufal isn't, I'm sure if and when he does get injured Coufal will be fit enough during that period to pull us through

I don't generally bother reading anything about transfers until after they have been announced. But in looking up a bit more about Mazraoui I see some fairly convincing stuff that says Coufal is off. That would be disappointing!
  • Am i right that coufal has one year left hope he at lest stays for that ,then if he leaves for free so be it .But i am not ready to say goodbye yet .i love the guy
  • Yes Coufal, the eyes he gave Grealish was a memory I won't forget.
  • Is it right that Orford has a year left and we are struggling to get a new contract sorted? I've read so much gossip inches today I can't remember where I saw it but if true it would make sense to offer known admirers of Orford into the Duran deal

Seems really promising about the Bayern RB advanced talks, especially a verbal agreement with the player. Hopefully Man Utd won't scupper it (that said, I'd happily take AWB as they want to get rid)
This discussion has been closed.