Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Reported as a loan with obligation to buy

Tim is in Nice negotiating

Watch this space
  • Wow what a good signing he'd be!

Almost like AWB where the interest has been there forever and only a small percentage chance we'd get Todibo.

Really hope Juventus bottle out of making a proper effort and he realizes that we are where the love is (and he could be part of an upwardly mobile massive team!!)
  • Now sensible me has kicked in instead of the dreamer... So we're looking to buy outright and blow Juventus awahy price wise... However, we still have to get Todibo to come. It was reported a while ago that we agreed fee and personal terms and were hours away from getting him ages ago. Claret and Hugh says we have to move fast to stop Juve but I'm not buying that. Its ll dependent on what Todibo says. If Juve contact him and tell him to keep stalling whats to stop him from doing so. We have the transfer in place, yes. But until he agrees to come to us and is bored witing for them then I'll have to hold off the excitement
  • He is one of those I couldn't claim to have ever seen play but we have been very keen on him from pretty much the start of the window and that's what makes me hope we get him. He is clearly a target and perhaps the prospect of removing Zouma's wages allowed us offer him enough to forget about Juventus.
  • A lot of headlines saying we are trying to hijack Juve but, as claret says above, we have been interested in him for weeks. If anything they are the ones who put a spanner in the works.

That wait for a headline to say Todibo has agreed to a medical tomorrow is what I am waiting for! Romano says he's studying the proposal but thats flies in the face of us previously agreeing terms with him before Juve attempted to hijack OUR deal
  • Don't go to bed .trouble is i,m already in bed =)
  • Sky Sports Italy and other sources reporting that Tobido has given up on Juventus

Allegedly Juventus need to sell before they can buy (now known as "a Wan-Bissaka")
  • edited August 9
    Not done yet. Fingers crossed we can get it through quickly.

TS personally flying out to convince him of the West Ham project & getting him back on a plane with a deal agreed with Nice, that’s excellent work, especially if it is a pay later deal.
  • edited August 9
    Whether this deal goes through or not, you've got to say that this summer feels like the first one in which we're really living in Tim Steidten's world. Many of the deals we've concluded don't feel like signings we would have made / been capable of making with David Sullivan leading the recruitment. It feels so much more modern, targeted, strategic than it ever has before.

Hats off to Steidten for achieving a pretty much culture change (seemingly) and hats off to Sullivan and the rest of the board for appointing him and letting it happen.
  • #whirlwindwindow 🌪️
  • edited August 9
    Yep & we’ve stayed patient.

Duran & Fúllkrug - couldn’t agree deal with former, signed the latter.

Todibo - been in talks for a while, remained patient, taken a potential opportunity.

Kilman - number one CB target, signed, potentially at a higher price than desired but ensured signing & was likely managers choice.

Summerville - Nelson move didn’t materialise, moved quickly for Summerville.

Seems we have had the priority positions & had 2/3 players in each in order of preference which has been established over a period of time. We’ve signed experience (Foderingham, Rodríguz, Füllkrug), we’ve signed players coming into their prime (Kilman, Summerville), we’ve signed for the future (Guilherme).
  • Diop - Kilman
    Fabianski - Foderingham
    Fredericks - AWB (?)
    Wilshere
    Yarmolenko - Guilherme
    Balbuena - Todibo (?)
    Anderson - Summerville
    Perez - Fullkrug
    Sanchez - Rodriguez

Parallels with the season under Pellegrini in the positions being addressed.
  • Lukerz said:

we’ve signed players coming into their prime (Kilman, Summerville), we’ve signed for the future (Guilherme).

Summerville is 22yo (23yo in October), I would say he's got a lot of developing to do before he's in his "prime"

The Athletic and others reporting that Spurs have agreed personal terms with Solanke and a transfer deal with Bournemouth

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5568275/2024/08/09/dominic-solanke-tottenham-transfer/
  • Lukerz said:

we’ve signed players coming into their prime (Kilman, Summerville), we’ve signed for the future (Guilherme).

Summerville is 22yo (23yo in October), I would say he's got a lot of developing to do before he's in his "prime"

The Athletic and others reporting that Spurs have agreed personal terms with Solanke and a transfer deal with Bournemouth

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5568275/2024/08/09/dominic-solanke-tottenham-transfer/
    A real shame. I like Solanke, and now I have to not like him
  • alderz said:

Lukerz said:

A real shame. I like Solanke, and now I have to not like him
    It will become a lot easier alderz when you see him in a Spurs shirt.
  • He didn’t do much at all at Liverpool so maybe the same will happen at Spurs
  • I have a pretty simple idea of what constitutes a good window

At a minimum, unless you're Man city or Madrid, you should try to buy
    • At least 1 player who goes straight into the first XI, ideally 2
    • At least 1 player (2 if you've only brought in one nailed on first XI player) who is good enough to push for a first team spot and would be disappointed if they don't feature in our "best XI"
    • Any sold players in the "best XI" we should he replacing with someone with equal ability or greater. If that's not possible, the money can be invested in another area that's weaker or comepnsates with 2 new players. Squad players, on the fringes of the XI are fair game and replacements depend on if other areas of the squad need more attention
    • No more than 2 players (3rd GK excluded) who are bought in to provide backup, if you buy too many backups the quality of the squad drops long term.

I'd say we've added 2 first teamers in Kilman & Fullkrug, 3 with Todibo added

I'd say we've added 2 players who'd expect to start every game in Rodriguez and Summerville

I don't think we've sold anyone in our best XI, and think ogbonna, Benrahma, Downes have already been effectively replace and upgraded by Kilman, Summerville & Rodriguez. Also so far we haven't bought any payers who are squad fillers.

I'm very happy so far

• Todibo completes first part of West Ham medical
    Latest from Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth:
    Jean Clair-Todibo is in London undergoing his West Ham medical.
    The French centre-back has completed the first part of his medical. The second part of his medical will take part this afternoon.
    The medical follows West Ham's agreed loan with an option to buy for €40m (£34.2m) deal with Nice.
  • Waiting for Zouma to complete any part of his medical =)
  • steve said:

Waiting for Zouma to complete any part of his medical =)

They need special equipment for his knees flown in.............
  • steve said:

Waiting for Zouma to complete any part of his medical =)

They need special equipment for his knees flown in.............
    What, like two new knees!

• All new numbers:

Summerville - 7
    Ward-Prowse - 8
    Fullkrug - 11
    Guilherme - 17
    Foderingham - 21
    Cornet - 22
    Rodriguez - 24
    Kilman - 26
    Irving - 29
  • Todibo completes Hammers medical
    Latest from Sky Sports' Dharmesh Sheth:
    Jean-Clair Todibo has completed his West Ham medical, and a formal announcement over his initial loan move to the Hammers could come in the next 24 hours.
  • edited August 9
    I think with the interest from Juve it would be worth wrapping this up tonight. Don’t want him sleeping on the real before confirmed & a chance for late night negotiation.
  • edited August 9
    Need to keep Todibo,s agent away from phones and internet
This discussion has been closed.