Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• Slacker said:

Don’t get this hate pile in on Zouma.
    He’s been great for us and I’ll be sad to see him go.

It's not hate, it's simply recognition that he's no longer physically able to play well enough to be a viable option in the toughest league in the world.
  • Slacker said:

It's not hate, it's simply recognition that he's no longer physically able to play well enough to be a viable option in the toughest league in the world.
    Your opinion, I disagree.

• edited August 10
    I don't personally care whether his knees are shot or not. I care that he was filmed kicking his cat!! Just don't want him in a West Ham
  • Actually, to expand on that, does anyone really believe that was an isolated incident and he had never exhibited any similar behaviour? I can't wait for the announcement that he's signed somewhere else
  • Bazshuayi said:

I don't personally care whether his knees are shot or not. I care that he was filmed kicking his cat!! Just don't want him in a West Ham

I might be wrong, but I don’t recall too many calls for him to benched in those final crucial games when we won the Conference League.
    Don’t get me wrong. I think he needs to go but only because he’s become a liability on the field in the last year with his dodgy knees.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Tbf wanted him sold and never changed my mind, didn't want aplayer like that at my club

Happy to see the back of him, but also that doesn't change the fact he was a very very very very good player for us and one of our better centre backs for a long time
  • 🕷️

• Bazshuayi said:

Tbf wanted him sold and never changed my mind, didn't want aplayer like that at my club

Happy to see the back of him, but also that doesn't change the fact he was a very very very very good player for us and one of our better centre backs for a long time
    But Di Canio giving a nazi salute is ok?🤷🏻‍♂️

• Slacker said:

Slacker said:

So are you suggesting, given how he was performing at the end of last season and in pre-season that he can still cut it, especially in a team that wants to move away from a low block?

It's not just the fact that he can't run, he's lost the spring in his legs that helped make him so good in the air. If he genuinely could offer something then the club wouldn't be prepared to offload him for a nominal fee just to get his wages off the books given that he cost us £30m only 3 years ago, and, at 29, should be still at or near his peak.
  • Slacker said:

Bazshuayi said:

But Di Canio giving a nazi salute is ok?🤷🏻‍♂️

You mean the Roman salute? No it's not okay

But I was 5 when Dicanio joined West Ham, and he did the salute in 2005 when I was 11, it didn't really register and it's not like there was social media to keep it I'm the news

So yea, his actions now I'm old enough to do know what they are don't sit well with me

But also can't say I "wanted him sold" when I was 8 years old watching my then favorite player play

If Bowen, my current favorite, came out and said he was a facist then yea I'd want him out my club
  • Slacker said:

Slacker said:

So are you suggesting, given how he was performing at the end of last season and in pre-season that he can still cut it, especially in a team that wants to move away from a low block?

It's not just the fact that he can't run, he's lost the spring in his legs that helped make him so good in the air. If he genuinely could offer something then the club wouldn't be prepared to offload him for a nominal fee just to get his wages off the books given that he cost us £30m only 3 years ago, and, at 29, should be still at or near his peak.
    I don’t get the “ low block” thing but then I’m not football coach.
    I don’t like the “ can’t wait to get him off the books” vibe, I think that it’s disrespectful to a bloke who’s done really well for West Ham and yes, I still think he can do a job for us because from what I see when he plays he’s not the crock some seem to think.
    Regarding the cat thing, we’ve all done stupid things haven’t we? Hence the point about Di Canio.

• I personally won't miss him, one iota, but hey, like everyone, we are all allowed our own thoughts and opinions, just as much as the next person.....
  • Another delay with AWB deal. Medical has been delayed as exit terms with Man Utd still not sorted.
  • We should add UTD to the list of teams we dont want to do transfers with .Let them know how Spurs feels =)
  • West Ham looking at alternatives, according to Dharmesh.
  • Current squad - updated:

GK - 23 Areola, 1 Fabiański, 21 Foderingham
    CB - 26 Kilman, 25 Todibo, 27 Aguerd, 15 Mavropanos, 4 Zouma
    RB - 5 Coufal
    LB - 33 Emerson, 3 Cresswell
    DM - 19 Álvarez, 24 Rodríguez
    CM - 28 Souček, 8 Ward-Prowse, 29 Irving
    AM - 14 Kudus, 10 Paquetá
    RW - 20 Bowen, 17 Guilherme
    LW - 7 Summerville, 22 Cornet
    ST - 11 Füllkrug, 9 Antonio, 18 Ings

Total = 25
  • The ‘cat thing’ wasn’t something that was stupid, it’s cruel and nasty!
  • Bazshuayi said:

The ‘cat thing’ wasn’t something that was stupid, it’s cruel and nasty!

Not denying that at all but it was also stupid.

• AWB medical tomorrow.
  • What happens about accommodation when an overseas player joins West Ham. Do the club by a house, or what?
  • What happens about accommodation when an overseas player joins West Ham. Do the club by a house, or what?

I have a feeling that we put them up in a hotel, and a club liaison officer helps them to find a place.
  • That's definitely the sort of thing I've seen said by previous foreign players who join.
  • edited August 11
    Just googling. It's apparently called Player Liaison Officer.

A combination of mum, butler, nanny, gofer...
  • I imagine a very important role, especially when it comes to younger and foreign players such as this new Brazillian Lad.
  • I'll take a guess he's here with his parents or a parent.
  • edited August 11
    Dunno. But he's 18, so not a kid. And there's a good academy set up for supporting the younger players. With shared accommodation, and various adults there looking after them.
  • edited August 12
    MrsGrey said:

Dunno. But he's 18, so not a kid.

To me anyone under 30 is a kid...

Seriously, an 18yo who has never lived outside his home country is going to need a lot of support

Thankfully things have come a long way since Javier Margas
  • MrsGrey said:

Just googling. It's apparently called Player Liaison Officer.

A combination of mum, butler, nanny, gofer...

Could have left it at mum then. 😂
  • edited August 12
    And in other news that no one will be surprised at, looks like Zouma has failed his medical.
    Does that now put pressure on us to sell Mavropanos or Aguerd?
This discussion has been closed.