No offence DJ. I was trying to start the long lamented fish pun chain. 😂
  • edited August 20
    IronHerb said:

DJ Hammer said:

IronHerb said:

That's me put in my plaice.

I didn’t mean to offend Herb

No offence DJ. I was trying to start the long lamented fish pun chain. 😂
    Don't you mean the really boring and far too often revived fish pun chain?
  • There is always a plaice for fish puns
  • There is always a plaice for fish puns

See, you've already repeated "plaice" from the previous page. Didn't someone suggest a thread just for fish puns so people can go and get their fix whenever they need it rather than ruining other threads?

• I'm detecting buffy is not a fan of the fish pun hahaha

The first time or two, maybe, but they've been done to death imo (and I don't think I'm the only one here that thinks the same tbh).

• Wot about wombats then. Can’t remember a post of wombat puns. =)

Yeah but he doesn’t half carp on about it though.

• Ravel49 said:

In the end, it’ll go to a Soler Panel to decide
  • #groan #worsethanfish
  • You know I could’ve said Sole Panel and kept the fish going…
  • Bazshuayi said:

You know I could’ve said Sole Panel and kept the fish going…

I think we’re really floundering now.
  • Captain Mainwaring:
    "Don't tell him Pike"
  • Oh my cod, these puns are terrible.
  • Plaice your bets (actually it's a shame it's not about Paqueta)
  • Actually what are the odds on us being linked to Sterling and Chilwell soon?
  • West Ham boss Julen Lopetegui was also asked how the club's new signings are settling in: "They're not all in the same way because they've been with us for different amounts of time. It's a process but the season is long and they're all going to help us hugely.
    "We've tried to adapt with the new players and we have to balance everything and try to be competitive."
    On potential further transfer activity: "In this time before the market closes, for everyone it's still not certain who might come and go. We have to adapt.
    "My focus is on the players who are here. They all have to be ready and that's all we're thinking about. We don't want to talk about players who aren't here, although it's true that anything can happen."
    Lopetegui says he would prefer the transfer market to close before the season begins: "What I prefer doesn't matter, but it's true that you have to keep competing in the market while working towards games. Once the market is closed I think the players are fully focused but we have to adapt. For sure I would prefer the market to be closed before the start of the season."
  • Looks like Jack Clark of Sunderland is going to Ipswich 15 mill plus 5 in add ons .good deal for them .Think it could have been a good deal for us 15 mill is not a lot these days
  • steve said:

Looks like Jack Clark of Sunderland is going to Ipswich 15 mill plus 5 in add ons .good deal for them .Think it could have been a good deal for us 15 mill is not a lot these days

You either get Clarke or Summerville, we went for Summerville

There isn't really space for both with Bowen being a shoe in on the right and Kudus a must start every game
  • Apparently the Sun's Wednesday print edition said Cornet could be going to Turkey but I can't find anything online

It would be great if he could find a new club, it must be very depressing to be stuck at a club where its been made very clear you aren't wanted
  • You've gotta think that Cornet will be out on loan somewhere by the end of the window, even if we're heavily subsidising his wages. With 3 years left on his contract, he needs to be playing football, even if it's at a much lower level, just to show that he still can, and then maybe we can move him on next summer.
  • Good luck to him.

At least he's one ex player who won't score against us!

( Unless FA cup😭)
  • Clearly happy in the area if he’s going to Watford. Hopefully he’ll do a couple of years there and come back to be a coach with us or something. I love Oggy.
  • Wait! I just realised ... 42!!!

The answer to life, the universe and everything.
This discussion has been closed.