Summer Transfers 2024

Comments

• well is that our buget just about gone .Kilman .the Brazil kid and Duran.
  • Also known as ‘The Wild Boys’ 🤪
  • steve said:

well is that our buget just about gone .Kilman .the Brazil kid and Duran.

How do you make that out?
  • edited July 9
    Lots of reports out there saying we have 100 mill transfer buget .if true and thats why i said is that our buget .Then those 3 players have cost about that .
  • edited July 9
    The ITK on KUMB (know as Jinxed) says:
    Duran close - fee agreed
    Walker-Peters - fee being ironed out
    Soule - talks ongoing
  • If Downes is happy to stay and fight for a place then I think we should keep him as he will be invaluable if we get injuries. Due to his successful stint at Southampton he should retain his value if letting him go in January or next summer if it doesn't work out.

Gut feeling is that the most we're likely to get from him will be from Southampton this summer; if they don't buy him now then they'll need to buy someone else so might not be in the market for him at all in January or next summer. Unless he has a good season with plenty of game time with us, I think his value will be lower next summer tbh.
    My thoughts were that if Soton are struggling at Christmas, as may be likely, they may see him as the perfect signing to try and keep them up or give them good chance back in the Championship where he is proven. he will also be attractive to any number of clubs looking to get promoted from the Championship at that time also. My real hope is that as he is a West Ham fan that he gets his chance with us and takes it, I think he deserves a chance under the new manager considering the season he has just had.
  • Would be very happy with either Wan-Bissaka or Walker-Peters

Happy to see Downes stay but same time think if we can get an alright fee there are other areas of concern that money can be reinvested

Wan-Bissaka and Walker-Peters strike me as quite different players; feels odd that we'd be interested in both for the same position. Tbh though, I'm not really sure how we're going to set up and play under J-Lo, so tough to know who might be most suitable.

Coufal is 31 and into the last year of his contract, I suspect that while he may not be off this summer his time at the club is short lived

Expect we'll have a new RB and back-up RB by 2026. One you'd imagine is more defensive minded (AWB), once slightly more offensive (KWP)

Think that whichever we don't get his summer we'll target the other type the next one (or 2026 if Coufal stays)
  • A loan was pointless if there was no opportunity to prove himself & earn an opportunity with us. We should have just sold him for £5m last summer if that was the case.

We are in a strong position. Southampton will want him this window, whether now or on deadline day. They aren’t going anywhere. Let him have a pre-season with us, see how he does & what he looks like. If we’re not sure, we can cash in. I’ve read lots about Downes wants to move back there but if you gave him the choice of first 11 at Saints or WHU, I’m sure he’d pick us.
  • Lukerz said:

The ITK on KUMB (know as Jinxed) says:
    Duran close - fee agreed
    Walker-Peters - fee being ironed out
    Soule - talks ongoing

That would be a fantastic summer
  • Lukerz said:

We are in a strong position. Southampton will want him this window, whether now or on deadline day. They aren’t going anywhere. Let him have a pre-season with us, see how he does & what he looks like. If we’re not sure, we can cash in. I’ve read lots about Downes wants to move back there but if you gave him the choice of first 11 at Saints or WHU, I’m sure he’d pick us.

There's no guarantee of that; they might not fancy doing the Lingard shuffle until the end of the window risking ending up with no-one, and sign someone else instead.

• edited July 9
    They may sign somebody else, but make no mistake he will be somebody they will return for if we ever give them a call & say they can have him.

He was instrumental to their team last year.
  • Lukerz said:

They may sign somebody else, but make no mistake he will be somebody they will return for if we ever give them a call & say they can have him.

He was instrumental to their team last year.

For sure, but, like everyone else, they'll have a certain budget they can spend, and if we mess them around and they spend it elsewhere, they can't just magic more money to buy him, can they?
  • I think they’ll leave around £15m in the budget regardless. There is also the possibility of another loan with an option/obligation to buy.

We hold the cards. No need to rush a sale.

• they can't just magic more money to buy him, can they?

Wait, what?

• I don't think VIlla want to keep Duran and their manager thinks he's not in long term plans. They've already let him speak to Chelsea and they decided against him from a playing time and attitude perspective apparently. He has looked a finisher when being subbed on at Villa despite being very young. I think he would both be a good signing and also a potential pain in the butt (unless the attitude allegations ease because he's getting plenty of minutes)
  • Have Ipswich found some old East Anglian treasure or something?

20m for Hutchinson from Chelsea
    20m for Man CItys Delap
    Agreed 18m price for Philogen
    Greaves had a medical there so probably the same for him!
    Ohh and a 5m sign on fee for Johnson...

And SOUTHAMPTON can't muster up 15m for DOwnes?
  • edited July 9
    I also think if we are up for paying 35m for Duran (after spending 40m on Kilman) I'd rather put that 35m toward a bid for Gibbs White (don't Forest have to sell a couple of players to comply with rules or something). He would be a great replacement for a certain betting allegation Brazilian
  • They are working on the 3yr accounting period. So they've got money coming in as PL club... guaranteed payments if they get relegated again...

If they are starting from a good financial base, they can splash the cash for now.
  • In April 21 -
    A US investment fund called ORG, which manages funds for PSPRS (the Arizona Public Safety Personnel Retirement System), owns 50 per cent of the shares in the club.

In March 24 -
    US-based private equity firm Bright Path Sports Partners this year took a 40 per cent stake in the club after making a £105m investment in March.

So not East Anglian treasure, just some American money.
  • Presumably the budget will be affected by the payment plans. We aren’t necessarily splashing it all up front if it’s accounted over several years, I assume,
  • alderz said:

Presumably the budget will be affected by the payment plans. We aren’t necessarily splashing it all up front if it’s accounted over several years, I assume,

I read something about that the other day, they can no longer spread the outlay of a transfer fee over several years or the length of the contract that the player signed up for. Maybe someone can clarify this.

• https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/13028764/premier-league-clubs-vote-for-five-year-maximum-player-contracts

Yeah, 5 year limit for accounting purposes, even if player signs for a longer period.
  • edited July 10
    Talksport reckon that Ings does not want to leave and Saints can't match his £120k pw wages

https://talksport.com/football/1954900/transfer-notebook-newcastle-manchester-united-tottenham/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=no

West Ham Zone quoting French newspaper Nice-Matin says wages are also the problem with Aguerd going to OGC Nice

https://www.westhamzone.com/transfers/nayef-aguerd-wage-demands-create-red-tape-in-west-ham-united-transfer-news/
  • edited July 10
    £120k a week to Ings was always a mental decision, and looks more so now if it’s meaning we can‘t ship him.
  • On the OS Ings said he wants to stay so it’s not new news
  • Given he's only got a year left at those wages, surely we can pay him off with a chunk of any transfer fee we get for him? Southampton pay us £6m for Ings, Southampton pay him (say) £70k a week, we pay him off £2.6m to make up the lost wages. We get £3.4m in the bank and his wages off our books.

Obviously the figures are made up, but maybe not too unrealistic if Southampton genuinely want him. Surely there's a deal to be done that works for everyone?
  • Sky Sports News (via C&H) says Downes to Saints is still being discussed but not as a part-ex for Walker-Peters

https://www.claretandhugh.info/downes-deal-back-on-saints-looking-to-reopen-negotiations/
  • Given he's only got a year left at those wages, surely we can pay him off with a chunk of any transfer fee we get for him? Southampton pay us £6m for Ings, Southampton pay him (say) £70k a week, we pay him off £2.6m to make up the lost wages. We get £3.4m in the bank and his wages off our books.

Obviously the figures are made up, but maybe not too unrealistic if Southampton genuinely want him. Surely there's a deal to be done that works for everyone?

If you're Ings then you stay here for a year on £125k a week then go on a free and pocket huge signing on fee plus £70k a week.

If he stays -
    £125000/wk x 1 yr = £6.5m
    Transfer
    £70000/wk x 2 yrs = £7.28m
    £1m sign on fee = £1m
    Total = £14.78m

If he goes -
    £1m sign on fee = £1m
    Total = £8.28m

So it makes, financial, sense for him to stay for a year then go.
  • edited July 10
    IronHerb said:

Given he's only got a year left at those wages, surely we can pay him off with a chunk of any transfer fee we get for him? Southampton pay us £6m for Ings, Southampton pay him (say) £70k a week, we pay him off £2.6m to make up the lost wages. We get £3.4m in the bank and his wages off our books.

If you're Ings then you stay here for a year on £125k a week then go on a free and pocket huge signing on fee plus £70k a week.

If he stays -
    £125000/wk x 1 yr = £6.5m
    Transfer
    £1m sign on fee = £1m
    Total = £14.78m

If he goes -
    £1m sign on fee = £1m
    Total = £8.28m

So it makes, financial, sense for him to stay for a year then go.
    You've got him playing for 3 years in the first example, and only 2 years in the second example. You've also ignored the fact that it's very likely we'd compensate him for getting lower wages at Southampton if he moved this summer.

If he's interested in the move, he wouldn't have to be worse off financially.
  • He’s not interested in a move though.
This discussion has been closed.