First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• edited January 2023

We’re the fifth biggest club in the world in terms of attendance but currently not even the fifth biggest in London in terms of football.

In term of alphabetical order, too. #worst
  • The Chelsea forum is a joy at present. They are terming the style of play at present potterball. They are wondering if they will reach the 40 point safety mark, whilst one remarks of the large group of fans who actually want Potter to stay, all of them opposition fans. Oh and Apparently Mason Mount is out of form due to breaking up with his girlfriend some time ago and has never been the same since.
  • So mount is out of form due to breaking up with his girlfriend ,Bowen is out of form because of his girlfriend . =)
  • Mounts GF got fed up with his loving glances Declans way

If we bought Brighton football club and just moved their squad to ours we'd easily stay up (we could pay for most of it by selling Declan Rice)

Its well known we've not beaten them in forever and they're probably playing and doing as well as they could possibly do currently (but yes we are a bigger club, just currently not as good as them or most other in the Prem).

Maybe we should just steal their manager

#Sorted
  • Don't worry Baz, Klopp will be available soon.
  • He wouldnt look down that far. Whoever he goes to I'd like that much more because hes a fist pumping legend...

#My Sunday work is done
  • Bobby Martinez new Portugal manager
    How
    Seriously, how
  • Because he wouldn't get a club position.
  • Another national team with amazing players he got to be in charge of
  • I reckon Martinez has got a tape of the head of the Portuguese F.A. up to no good.
  • Moyes / Lampard / Rodgers / Potter

Not sure i would bet on which one is next to go.
  • Reckon Lampard first
  • I dont think Chelsea will sack Potter. From articles yesterday they're more likely to bin off half the squad and renew but I guess they can afford to do that.
  • Please use this for general sacking discussion. If you want to talk about Moyes specifically and possible replacements, there's a single dedicated thread ( I've closed one of the two where that conversation was proliferating).

I've deleted some off-topic posts from here.
  • Something will have to give, surely, after the match next Saturday as Lampard or Moyes both can't win and a draw simply isn't good enough for them to survive.
  • Lampard will be gone Monday if not tomorrow ,then they will get a new mangers win against us
  • BBC reporting that Everton will announce Dyche as their new manager

On the plus side it means he can't come here if Moyes goes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64422754
  • BBC reporting that Everton will announce Dyche as their new manager

On the plus side it means he can't come here if Moyes goes

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64422754

He's got much more chance of keeping them up than Bielsa imo. However, I can't see many Toffees being happy with him for very long tbh.
  • He has two very hard games coming up as home to Arsenal and then away to Liverpool. His chances of keeping them up may well be decided by the four following fixtures which he will see as all winnable matches, Leeds, Villa, Forest and Brentford.
  • We should have been all over that =) =)
  • And already linked with a £40m bid for Gallagher and a late move for our own Ben Johnson.
  • And already linked with a £40m bid for Gallagher and a late move for our own Ben Johnson.

Yeah, I just read that, apparently Johnson has been offered a new contract (18 months left on current one I think) but hasn't signed it, and he's not really seen much game time after the first few weeks of the season. Could be we lose our second young RB in the space of a couple of days.
  • We should be looking to buy Gallagher too. If I were in charge of it (yes a scary thought) I'd try n get Gallagher as Rice's replacement and even try to do a swap deal with Chelsea (as in we get Gallagher and 70M for Rice).

Obviously, if I was in charge I'd have spent all our budget already luring Klopp to us so nobodys perfect ;)
  • Chelsea will need to offload a player or two; they've bought 7 players although one is remaining at his previous club until the end of the season. I'd think 2 or maybe 3 of the other 6 will be included in their PL squad, so someone is going to be sacrificed, and I wouldn't be surprised if it is Gallagher, although I'm not sure he's really a Rice replacement in waiting tbh.
  • Chelsea have bought 17 players in the last two windows.
  • Gallaghers not exactly a Rice replacement but he is a tenacious midfielder with a decent skill level, engine and goal scoring prowess. Different to Rice yes but we are very unlikely to find another him and Downes is the only player in our squad with similar attributes that could see him be the replacement
  • Leeds boss has been sacked apparently
  • He was rubbish though.
This discussion has been closed.