First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• Truss to start the new match thread?
  • I feel it is slightly ironic that Chucky failed to remain in office until Halloween
  • We once laughed at Italian politics, we are now the laughing stock of the world.

Still laugh at Italian politics.
  • In Italy, they've had 70 governments in 70 years. Still a way to go for us yet. Hahaha
  • One consolation of Liz's resignation......she didn't have time to re-decorate the flat above No.10
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63330066

I thought someone ought to bring it back to football related matters. =)

Shame some other managers don't have the same principles?
  • Think Gerard will be gone if they lose tonight
  • @Lukerz, What is possibly concerning a few of the EPL boards is IF they all have the same manager in mind to replace their one, if they sack them, how long do they wait before firing them in case someone else takes their first choice?
  • D'ya think in the online manager shop they have those '4 other people are browsing right now' and ' only 2 managers left at that price' pop-ups?
  • Gerrard is real danger now. 2 down, a man down & quite a few Villa “fans” calling for him to be sacked. Mitrovic didn’t help the situation as he went down like he had been shot, now where has he done that before? 🤔
  • There’s no coming back from your own fans singing ‘get out of our club’.
  • No surprise. Less surprising than that he got the gig in the first place, tbh.
  • Just to make it clear ,i do not want the villa job .am waiting for the match thread to open up again .if Boris is in the running for pm .i must be on the short list for the match thread again =)
  • steve said:

Just to make it clear ,i do not want the villa job .am waiting for the match thread to open up again .if Boris is in the running for pm .i must be on the short list for the match thread again =)

So does that make Baz - Liz 🤔😉😜
  • We once laughed at Italian politics, we are now the laughing stock of the world.

I've not met up with the world recently so I've not had a chance to ask them

If you think things are bad here maybe you should have a look at the USA where all sorts of Trump supporting nutters could get elected in the mid-terms and there is still a possibility of Trump running for President in 2024

Or Brazil where current president Bolsonaro is doing a Trump by claiming that if he isn't re-elected then the vote has been rigged and his supporters should stage an armed coup. He has a lot of support in the Brazilian military so this is a real possibility

Apart from the Queen dying nobody outside the UK really notices or cares about what goes on here. We're just not that important
  • steve said:

Just to make it clear ,i do not want the villa job .am waiting for the match thread to open up again .if Boris is in the running for pm .i must be on the short list for the match thread again =)

So does that make Baz - Liz 🤔😉😜
    Truss you to come up with that ;)
  • ASLEF. I completely agree with you about the USA and Trump and Brazil and Bolsonaro but the shambles that has been going on here has been widely covered by foreign media, particularly in Europe.
  • Villa happy to pay big for a new manager so is it Poch or Tuchel?
  • It's certainly widely covered today but it's not the top story

In Italy for example Corriere della Sera, La Republicca and La Stampa all lead with soon to be (maybe) Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni trying to form a government while trying to keep coalition partner Silvio Berlusconi quiet after he recently boasted about his good relations with Putin and blamed Ukraine for the war

They've all their own problems which unsurprisingly get little coverage in the UK press
  • At this time Russia could nuke Ukraine and it would only make page 2 of the Mail as they concentrate on getting Boris back in.
  • My favorite comment of yesterday was “not so much the new Iron Lady, more like a Lead Balloon”

Well it made me smile 😃
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63330066

I thought someone ought to bring it back to football related matters. =)

Shame some other managers don't have the same principles?

We didn’t really talk about this, but yeah absolutely. Beale staying put makes me want him to succeed with QPR.
  • #ChampoHype
  • edited October 2022

My favorite comment of yesterday was “not so much the new Iron Lady, more like a Lead Balloon”

Well it made me smile 😃

I came up with "not so much the Iron Lady, more the cardboard cut-out" a few weeks ago

"Cosplay Thatcher" was another one I read that made me grin

BTW it would appear that Boris doesn't have the backing of 100 MPs despite his supporters claiming he does. A few minutes ago BBC said 56 have confirmed that they have written letters backing Boris compared to 137 for Sunak

Maybe there are 44 or more who are too embarrassed to admit they have
  • If Sunak gets over 150 votes, they won't bother with the others.
  • Jesse Marsch now in trouble, Leeds have lost six and drawn two in the last eight.

If Marsch is sacked before Leeds play Liverpool on Saturday then Fulham will have been the nail in the coffin for two managers in two consecutive matches

Fulham play Everton next, Lampard must be a little nervous
  • A bit harsh calling Carrick a casualty for taking the job. 😁
This discussion has been closed.