First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• edited October 2022
    Don’t think Ten Hag will last IMO
  • The issue Wolves have is as that they have gone so Portuguese that will define the managers they can go for. I don't think Poch would touch them for that reason.
  • They’re looking at the Sporting Lisbon coach.

It's probably his turn.

But does he park the bus
  • Another one bites the dust: Middlesbrough have sacked manager Chris Wilder, with the club 22nd in the Championship. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63116336
  • Rob Edwards rumoured to be in contention to take over at Middlesbrough. Any ideas why as he just got sacked at Watford, although they don't keep their managers for long.
  • Fortune, I rarely have any idea why Watford managers get sacked.
  • Any ideas on why anyone still goes to work for them?
  • £££££
  • Slav will do great at Watford.... for about a season and half absolute max.
  • He'll be doing well if he gets to the end of the season...
  • Surely Ronaldo has got to get the Wolves job as player/manager
    Portuguese ✔️
    And he gets out of United and can pick himself every game before the World Cup 😜
  • If (big if) Ronaldo became Wolves manager, would he be allowed to register himself before January? It might be a grey area between laws.
  • Haha good point
    Would have to agree to mutually terminate his contract so could sign on a free 🤔
  • edited October 2022
    Fantasy stuff but would love to see it

Such a waste of a great player at the moment 🐐
  • Ravel49 said:

Fantasy stuff but would love to see it

Such a waste of a great player at the moment 🐐

Won't be saying that if he comes on and scores the winner against is hahaha
  • Ravel49 said:

Haha good point
    Would have to agree to mutually terminate his contract so could sign on a free 🤔

Yeah but that feels loophole-y to me. I reckon it might not be possible, tbh.

I'd love to see it too. Nothing to do with Ronaldo, but I LOVE a player manager!
  • Ronaldo wanted to leave Man U cos they weren't in the Champions League and tried to get moves to Chelsea, PSG, etc.

Somehow I suspect Wolves aren't quite going to match his ambitions

Also does he even have a coaching badge?
  • Was all a bit tongue in cheek my man
    As I said stuff of fantasy
    I did wonder if he might try and end his contract early tho so he could sign on a free for someone for fitness and game time before the World Cup.
    But more realistically wait till Jan and move then 👍🏻

• Southampton are set to sack manager Ralph Hasenhuttl after the club's poor start to the season. (Telegraph - subscription required)

Nottingham Forest boss Steve Cooper is a potential candidate to replace Hasenhuttl at St Mary's. (Mail)

Forest face competition from Leicester City to land Rafael Benitez as their new manager, if they decide to sack Cooper. (Football Insider)

New York Red Bulls head coach Gerhard Struber is also being considered by Forest. (Sun)

• So IF Southampton sack Hasenhuttl they are thinking of replacing him with the manager of the team who are currently bottom of the Premier League!

IF Forest get rid of Cooper then they want Rafa but so do Leicester who have just won 4-0!

I simply ask the question why to both of the above?
  • edited October 2022

• So IF Southampton sack Hasenhuttl they are thinking of replacing him with the manager of the team who are currently bottom of the Premier League!

IF Forest get rid of Cooper then they want Rafa but so do Leicester who have just won 4-0!

I simply ask the question why to both of the above?

Because Hassenhuttl and Cooper need to be sacked for my Yankee bet to come in
  • alderz, Good luck with the bet. I am not doubting Steve Cooper isn't a decent manager but was questioning the media for saying he would be taking over from Hasenhuttl when Forest are bottom of the league. Rodgers must be safe for a few more weeks after Monday Night?
  • And Cooper signs a new 3 year deal 🧐
  • Rightly so. He doesn’t deserve the criticism he’s getting.
  • One of my biggest pet hates in football is when a manager has guided a team to promotion, especially when unexpected and they get the sack when they under perform at a higher level.
    Forest have not been anywhere near the prem for a long time.
    Now I don’t like how Forest have gone about their business this window, it’s just crazy and doesn’t feel like they have brought much quality but for me I don’t think Cooper is at fault.
  • edited October 2022
    However… If they should be bottom after another 7-8 matches what will NF do…
    I’m certainly not saying they should have got rid, but they might just have left contract extension talks to a later stage 🤔
    He could turn out to be the next Neil Warnock, good enough for the EFL but not up to PL standards, time will tell.
    I’d be more than OK for them to go straight down.
    Throwing around the kind of dosh they did and the Lingard outcome… No problem for a quick return to championship for me ….
This discussion has been closed.