First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Scott Parker of Bournemouth has been sacked.

"AFC Bournemouth can announce that the club has parted company with head coach Scott Parker.

Maxim Demin said: “I would like to place on record my gratitude to Scott and his team for their efforts during their time with us. Our promotion back to the Premier League last season under his tenure will always be remembered as one of the most successful seasons in our history.

“However, in order for us to keep progressing as a team and a Club as a whole, it is unconditional that we are aligned in our strategy to run the club sustainably. We must also show belief in and respect for one another. That is the approach that has brought this club so much success in recent history, and one that we will not veer from now. Our search for a new head coach will begin immediately.”

Gary O’Neil will take interim charge of the team, and will be assisted by Shaun Cooper and Tommy Elphick."



I guess that 9-0 didn't go down well.
«134

Comments

  • I think it’s more about Parker’s rant that they need a load of new players. I think they may be afraid he wants to do what happened at Fulham and they still ended up going back down.
  • Wonder if Sean Dyche fancies it 🤔
  • Oof, that's a very barbed statement.
  • Had to play City, Arsenal and Pool in the first 4 games

    Very harsh on Scotty, but as you mention Thorn it was driven by the rant

    But the window is basically over, anyone coming in will have to make do with players they potentially don't want in a team that already looks out of its depth
  • Hope they will go down, together with their Russian owner. Scotty was absolutely right about the lack of new players, and he deserved better.
  • It’s such a bad look to sack the guy who got you promoted before the end of August. Wouldn’t shock me if whoever comes in ends up getting the boot in March when they’re desperate
  • Maybe the owner has seen how Watford operate & likes how it works…….not! 😉
  • Hope they will go down, together with their Russian owner.

    Greek owner?

    Also owns Olympiakos.
  • MrsGrey said:

    Hope they will go down, together with their Russian owner.

    Greek owner?

    Also owns Olympiakos.
    Isn't that Forest?
  • Yeah, my bad.
  • Also, I see ex hammer Gary O'Neill is interim manager.


    Unless that's Fulham.
  • Dundee followed suit after 9-0
  • So... My (not very serious) comment in the top3/bottom3 prediction thread about Bournemouth being relegated by Xmas is still on...

    #So you're saying there's a chance
  • Seems to me that it was more about going public with his criticisms of overall squad quality that did for him. Owners saw that as not being committed to the strategy.
  • edited August 30
    Parker didn’t help himself. The vibe he gave off at the weekend was this side is down unless something changes. Looked like he was about to break down in tears. Not what you need 4 games into the season in August from the man who will be leading the club. He knew the parameters he was working in. Would have been hard with the squad he’s got but not impossible as Howe managed it.
  • Lukerz said:

    Looked like he was about to break down in tears.

    I don't know if you've seen any of his post match interviews played over an instrumental of Dry Your Eyes by The Streets, but it's not uncommon for him to be that emotional.

    https://www.joe.co.uk/music/scott-parker-the-streets-dry-your-eyes-mate-245777
  • Lukerz said:

    Parker didn’t help himself. The vibe he gave off at the weekend was this side is down unless something changes. Looked like he was about to break down in tears. Not what you need 4 games into the season in August from the man who will be leading the club. He knew the parameters he was working in. Would have been hard with the squad he’s got but not impossible as Howe managed it.

    But you don't know how hard he was fighting against those parameters. His interview was a cry for help. Howe also took them down.

    I to hope they go down too because I don't like any club that has gone into administration and burnt the local economy only to come back with new money.
  • Sean Dyche and Chris Wilder favourites to be next Cherries manager
  • I doubt it will be them. They normally appoint a manager who has a certain style of play.
  • IronHerb said:

    Lukerz said:

    Parker didn’t help himself. The vibe he gave off at the weekend was this side is down unless something changes. Looked like he was about to break down in tears. Not what you need 4 games into the season in August from the man who will be leading the club. He knew the parameters he was working in. Would have been hard with the squad he’s got but not impossible as Howe managed it.

    But you don't know how hard he was fighting against those parameters. His interview was a cry for help. Howe also took them down.

    I to hope they go down too because I don't like any club that has gone into administration and burnt the local economy only to come back with new money.
    Maybe but they pay him to manage the club. He either wanted out or, if he didn’t, he’ll look back at that as really naive.
  • It wasn’t just his rant on Saturday but apparently he’s been on at the board since they came up to spend a lot of money and get lots of players in.
  • thorn, Speculate to accumulate? They may be trying to copy the WBA model from years ago who got relegated spending little or no money but then came back up with a stronger team having spent the funds from their stay in the Premier League. Trouble is Bournemouth have been down & up again in recent years.
  • Saint Brenda next, feel sorry for the fans as sold a lot of quality without replacing
  • The Leicester chairman has explained his family are concerned about ensuring the club’s sustainability. In other words we can’t invest in this transfer window. If Villa don’t improve can anyone see St Brenda replacing Stevie G?
  • The Leicester chairman has explained his family are concerned about ensuring the club’s sustainability. In other words we can’t invest in this transfer window. If Villa don’t improve can anyone see St Brenda replacing Stevie G?

    almost£100m in should help
  • I think the Leicester owners own Thailand duty free which is in trouble since the pandemic. Not sure £100m makes too much difference.
  • Rodgers outlined the reset in ambition at a club that was aiming for the Champions League two seasons ago when he said: "Our objective this season is to get to 40 points."

  • Blimey, that's very negative! I wonder if he's looking for a way out?
  • I reckon Aston Villa are already knocking on his door
  • He def wants the chop
    Gone all Parker style
    And move to club that matches his ambition
Sign In or Register to comment.