First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• Well their owner has certainly bucked the trend.
    Lose 5 on the spin and get a new contract is a bit weird in the current climate of “win every game or you’re gone”.
    Could be a good sign for the game I reckon.
  • For me, simplistically, he was employed for certain reasons and one of them is the set up/style of his teams.

So... They've chucked 20 odd signings at him and charged him with gelling them into a team/squad in his playing style image.

Hence I dont see the point at all in sacking him. They wanted a manage with his qualities and I have no doubt if they go down that hes more than capable of bringing them up again
  • Not wishing to be petty, but after Cooper's comments following the game against us, I would love him to be sacked. He was way too full of himself.
    That is petty, isn't it, but I don't care =)
  • edited October 2022
    It was clear to everybody when they beat us they’d struggle to win another game. We were pretty poor yet could’ve won 5-1 on another day. The scrappy, shin finish & penalty save masked that over. I think he should stay in charge whether they stay up or not but they aren’t going to win many games this season.
  • My hope, by a freak series of events and accidents, is that he becomes Man Citys next manager ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

My hope, by a freak series of events and accidents, is that he becomes Man Citys next manager ;)

The way things are going more likely Liverpool.
  • Theyre already struggling, they dont need Brucie's help.

Bruce goes to Man City, takes his first training session, chooses himself to mark Haaland and in a freak accident Bruce injures both Haaland and DeBruyne causing City to get pipped to the title. Simple...
  • MrsGrey said:

News coming out that Bruno Lage has-been given the heave-ho

I think a lot of managers who have had their marching orders have done so just after playing us... or am I misremembering?

Could Hasenhuttl follow suit this weekend?
  • MIA, But they are playing the right team to save his job or is that the "old" West Ham?
  • MIA, But they are playing the right team to save his job or is that the "old" West Ham?

Maybe it's both things. Maybe boards are so used to West Ham being the team that managers turn it around against, that when we beat them they think "wow if he can't even do it against West Ham, I guess it really is over"
  • I see Forest have sacked two of their recruitment staff involved in the summer bonanza.
  • edited October 2022
    Did you read the last paragraph Thorn?

"The appointment of sporting director Giraldi, who spent nine years at Watford, ..."

How on earth did he manage 9 years at Watford!!
  • I see Forest have sacked two of their recruitment staff involved in the summer bonanza.

They wouldn't have had anything to do would they? 😄
  • Talk of Nuno Espirito Santo going back to Wolves
    I never understood why he left in the first place as imo he had done a good job there.
    Then had talks with Palace and Everton and ended up at Spurs 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • I don't think he even underdelivered at Spurs. It was the same type of very solid football he'd worked on at Wolves but they wanted something more exciting.
  • Nuno was doomed from day one, stepping right into the Is Harry Kane Leaving doo-dah.
  • If he does go back he'll have to go and get his centre backs back as he doesn't play a back four.

( Just noticed. How many backs can you get in one sentence?). 🤷‍♂️
  • wacky backy :)
  • Latest casualty is surely Kwasi Karteng for misuse of funds (or lack of). =)
  • Gerrard apparently sacked
  • A few weeks ago there were rumours that S&G were contemplating replacing Moyes with Pochettino, now there are rumours that Gerrard will be replaced by Pochettino

I think I'm beginning to see a pattern...
  • I believe the 1922 Committee have also approached Poch.
  • Told you so. Unfortunately the job will go to a Conservative. Oh well! 😄
  • I am out of a job now (match thread ) just saying
  • We once laughed at Italian politics, we are now the laughing stock of the world.
  • steve said:

I am out of a job now (match thread ) just saying

When was your first thread? Need to know whether you last longer than Truss.

• 19 Sept so 31 days
    Sadly not 😩
This discussion has been closed.