First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• Dick Emery would have been an improvement on Gerrard

Ooh I am awful !
  • edited October 2022
    Just looking at what’s gone wrong for Wolves so far. I knew they let go a couple of players but, last summer, they allowed the following to leave…

Leander Dendoncker (transfer)
    Willy Boly (transfer)
    Morgan Gibbs-White (transfer)
    Ruben Vinagre (transfer)
    Romain Saiss (free)
    Fabio Silva (loan)
    Connor Coady (loan)

I find that a very odd transfer window. Four of those were first team players under Nuno & Coady was the club captain.

Wolves used to have the following side

Patricio
    Saiss - Coady - Boly
    Doherty - Moutinho - Dendoncker - Neves - Johnny
    Traore
    Jimenez
  • Coady one baffles me the most
    And I’m sure I’ve read to make the loan perm is 4.5m
    Crazy
  • Wolves don't need defenders, apparently.
  • Literally only signed Nunez & Nathan Collins, then added Costa on a free. What an odd window.
  • Their score again
    I don’t know where
    I don’t know when
    But their score again 🎶
  • Has...Enhuttl gone? Theyre commenting on it during half time of the Spurs/Liverpool game

• Bazshuayi said:

Has...Enhuttl gone? Theyre commenting on it during half time of the Spurs/Liverpool game

As in Soton manager?
  • Yup, Rebecca and the 2 Robbies discussing it like its just a case of it being announced. I think its a good time to get someone new in. ;)
  • Bazshuayi said:

Yup, Rebecca and the 2 Robbies discussing it like its just a case of it being announced. I think its a good time to get someone new in. ;)

Who are you recommending? Moyes? 😂
  • Yup, Hasenhuttl has officially gone. Feels like it's been a long time coming.

• As per the earlier rumour comments Ralph has indeed gone. With the resources he's had I dont think he's done a bad job and if someone asked me out of us and Southampton who was the pacier (especially their WBs like Walker Peters, Livramento, Perraud for e.g.), more attacking side I'd say them.

So I wouldn't recommend Moyes as he'd make them worse :)
  • Nathan Jones being tipped as next Saints manager

It seems he's currently in charge at Luton Town and not The Supremes track that reached no.5 in 1971
  • ASLEF, Could be a bit like when Eddie Howe when he left Bournemouth and then came back from Burnley as didn't Nathan Jones go to Stoke and then return to Luton?
  • He did indeed.
  • The big difference is that Jones didn't re-join Luton until six months after he got the sack at Stoke while Howe re-joined Bournemouth two days after he quit Burnley
  • I see our academy manager has left to go to Stoke
  • He's gone as Technical Director and is teaming back up with Alex Neil with whom he worked at Morwich.
  • Nathan Jones being tipped as next Saints manager

It seems he's currently in charge at Luton Town and not The Supremes track that reached no.5 in 1971

Either way, he's been gone too long... (someone had to say it)
  • Nathan Jones confirmed as new manager for Soton:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63566631
  • Old Boy alert

Matty Etherington appointed Crawley Town manager

He hung up his boots in July 2014 due to a back injury, became Peterborough's U18 coach in May 2018 (where he started his senior career in 1997), was assistant manager from November 2021 until June 2022 then coached the U21s.
  • Old Boy alert

Matty Etherington appointed Crawley Town manager

He hung up his boots in July 2014 due to a back injury, became Peterborough's U18 coach in May 2018 (where he started his senior career in 1997), was assistant manager from November 2021 until June 2022 then coached the U21s.

And he's gone already:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64119884
  • After 3 matches, a win and two losses. Both Etherington and his assistant have left the club

On Wednesday Crawley (20th) announced that top striker Tom Nichols would join Gillingham (24th). He had been absent for the last three games, Etherington alleges that the decision not to play him was "taken out of his hands"

Also this week the whole squad was put on the transfer list "by accident"

Crawley was bought by a couple of American crypto traders in April

Sounds like a skip fire
  • Watching Man City v Chavs - Potter could well be the first EPL casualty of 2023 =)
  • It's hard to see what the issue is but they have certainly regressed under Potter since he arrived.
  • Chelsea definitely have a project by signing all these young talents for the future
    And Potter is a project manager (oooh apprentice)
    But how long will they give him 🤷🏻‍♂️
    It’s like he’s thrown this cup game
    They desperately need a decent out and out striker
    Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang Is worse than Antonio
    I rate Havertz but for me he works better off a main man
  • It's hard to see what the issue is but they have certainly regressed under Potter since he arrived.

Arguably not a big enough 'name' to manage the level of ego that I imagine is at that club. Maybe too big a step too early.

A club like us was probably a more natural step in terms of his career progression; Brighton's football is arguably better than ours at the moment, but I don't think there's any debate that we're a bigger club than them.
  • We’re the fifth biggest club in the world in terms of attendance but currently not even the fifth biggest in London in terms of football.
This discussion has been closed.