First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• I know they're on a bad run, but, relatively speaking, they've had a tough run of fixtures with all of the rest of the bottom 9 still to play. I'm surprised they've jumped tbh, he's a young manager who has done well for Palace until this current run.
  • edited March 2023
    I agree.

I also think that, if Moyes had gone, I could easily imagine someone writing much the same about him.

"I know they're on a bad run, but they've definitely got some winnable games between now and the end of the season. I'm surprised they've jumped, he's a manager who has done well for West Ham until this current run. European semi final and then a quarter final? I wouldn't mind a piece of that."
  • alderz said:

European final and then a quarter final? I wouldn't mind a piece of that."

Last season was better than I remembered 😂🤣😂
  • alderz said:

European final and then a quarter final? I wouldn't mind a piece of that."

Last season was better than I remembered 😂🤣😂
    Ok, what did I miss? Hahaha
  • It will be interesting to see what Palace do as they ahve the same options we would have in as much as an already targeted manager, fire fighter or promote from below.
  • Palace seriously considering bringing back Hodgson. 😂
  • Pass me that torch. I'm sure there's something at the bottom of this barrel🤣
  • alderz said:

European semi final and then a quarter final? I wouldn't mind a piece of that."

Say what now? Clear abuse of moderator powers here, very late edit 🤔🤔🤔😂🤣😂
  • He does what he wants 🎶
  • Hodgson back to Palace ?
  • Palace fans are fuming. Glorious stuff!
  • He’ll keep them up, which is their aim, but it’s a very odd way to go about it.
  • With the games palace have coming a monkey could keep them up =)
  • If he keeps them up then what do they do? Hire another manager to change the way they play? Then sack him in a year or two and replace him with Roy again? What’s the plan here
  • Roys no fire fighter. If their fixtures were poorer I'd say they were in big danger. Hoping he takes 10 games to start turning it around ;)
  • Also, fingers totally on the trigger here waiting for Conte departs news
  • Lots of Spurs fans complaining about the rumour that Tuchel is coming to Spurs! I don't know who they are expecting as it's not like Pep is just trying to find the right moment to hand in his notice.

All football fans can be deluded at times but none more so than Spurs. In their head they are alongside City, Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea.... their trophy cabinet tells a different story.
  • Perhaps they want Poch back…..
  • Tuchel will do no better at Spurs than Conte has.
  • alderz said:

If he keeps them up then what do they do? Hire another manager to change the way they play? Then sack him in a year or two and replace him with Roy again? What’s the plan here

• Not that I care aout Palace at all but they could've kept on Viera and brought in Roy to help/guide him...
  • Viera must be thinking to himself - Really??? That’s the plan!!!!
  • From Twitter -

Bayern sacks him, finds out on social media
    • Has to go in the next day to officially be sacked
    • Ends his relationship with his partner
    • Gets linked with Spurs

I don’t think anyone has had a worse 24 hours than Julian Nagelsmann

😂
  • It's that last bit that has to bite. When your self confidence is low enough due to being sacked, then having Spurs think you have reached the depths of being employed by them must be like a punch to the guts.
  • Poor old Spurs no one likes to see that =)
  • Inevitable, could not see how he stayed after that press interview, I mean spurs are what, only fourth in the table, such an obvious failure could not be tolerated.

If he wants to prove himself, he should take over Oldham Athletic, he does not need the money but what a giggle he could have bringing them back to league 2
  • I think Conte had good reason to be unhappy, Spurs have had a terrible March

Knocked out of the Cup by Sheffield United, losing to Wolves, knocked out of the Champions League by Milan and blowing a two goal lead against Saints

Newcastle are just 2pts behind with two games in hand so dropping those points could cost them a place in the Champions League

Conte was the 12th Spurs manager since Levy took over in 2001 and Spurs only silverware was the 2008 League Cup under Juande Ramos

At least they've got a cheese room...
  • If City or Chelsea win the CL and Man U the EL 4th won’t get CL anyway.
This discussion has been closed.