First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• For a long time I've thought we'd be safe, and Leeds sacking a manager they hired three months ago to hire a manager who hasn't worked in two years since he failed his last escape artist job doesn't change that, tbh.
  • Is it any wonder he doesn't endear himself to many?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65473908
  • Better than him coming in and saying 'I'm not very good, probably won't keep them up'.

Not sure that would inspire confidence in the squad.
  • MrsGrey said:

Better than him coming in and saying 'I'm not very good, probably won't keep them up'.

Not sure that would inspire confidence in the squad.

Yeah but having them laugh at you doesn't help either.
  • I thought maybe the headline was making too much of him making a joke. The video reveals there was zero humour intended.

• Allardyce's masterplan to stop Haaland? Stop City creating chances.

Easy, this management lark.

• edited May 2023
    Apologies Sam, how stupid are we the football public, as we hadn't realised that Manchester City are a one man team!
  • “Keep an eye on him”.

If only any of the other managers had thought of that.
  • alderz said:

“Keep an eye on him”.

If only any of the other managers had thought of that.

But only Sam is as good as Klopp and Pep.
  • It's that sort of stuff that marks him out from other managers. He is not a man to rely only on an initial plan and later in the press conference he revealed his plan B. Should Halland actually get some chances still and hit the ball towards goal he has instructed his goalkeeper to catch it.
  • Leeds have been kicking teams all season so I reckon BFS will tell them to continue in the same vein.
  • IronHerb said:

Leeds have been kicking teams all season so I reckon BFS will tell them to continue in the same vein.

But he'll tell them how to kick teams in a way only Klopp and Pep would.
  • You mean the 'who me?' way. 😄
  • edited May 2023
    You all sound delusional
  • You only just worked that out Outcast =)
  • Must admit, humble is not the first word that comes to mind when I think of Allardyce 🤔🤔🤔:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65563684
  • Gravy. Gravy is the first word that comes to my mind when I think of Allardyce.
  • First word that come to my mind is promotion. He did bring us back.
  • My first word would incur a ban. 🤫
  • And yet we’ve have worse manager’s IMO
  • And yet we’ve have worse manager’s IMO

WAY worse
  • edited May 2023
    https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/12/jose-mourinho-europe-psg-job-roma

Would you have him?

Really just an excuse to post this article. Does Barney Ronay have fun writing these, or what?

My own personal laugh out loud bits..
    Shark boat captain ... Easter Island Heads.

Bravo 👏
  • Barney Ronay features regularly in Private Eye Pseuds' Corner with fierce debate over his writing in the letters page

I never liked Mourinho, he's another manager who refuses to take any responsibility when things go wrong and is constantly whining about almost everything. I'd hate to see him as our manager
  • Don't worry ASLEF, we'll never be that good. 😆
  • Be grateful for small mercies!
  • ASLEF, I haven’t seen David Moyes take much responsibility when things go pear shaped and to be honest it’s rare for a manager to come out and say this performance is on me. Jose Mourinho has come out on occasions and deflected criticism off his players. 👍
  • To be fair, he hasn’t taken praise either when we've done well, always put it on the players. So quite happy for him to put both positive & negative results on the players.
  • Mourinho has also regularly directly picked on players and made their lives hell. Not sure he’s ever actually intentionally deflected. Moyes has never done that. (A few comments on a performance here or there isn’t the same).

And I think Mourinho’s teams play atrocious football. I’ll never really accept he’s that great when he’s played so negatively with some of the world’s best and most expensive squads.
  • It will never happen but I would truly love one of these “Elite” managers take over a really struggling team from one of the lower leagues and bring them back.

Someone who may have already made their money, fancies the challenge and the chance to build a fairy tale reputation for themselves.
This discussion has been closed.