First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• Outcast, The number of trophies won by one of those managers is literally on another page. I'll let you guess which one it is. =)
  • I’m not saying Mourinho and Moyes are the same class of manager. Just that for those reasons I wouldn’t swap Mourinho for Moyes. The team might have been rubbish but they’ve ground through this season. Mourinho would’ve gone to war with at least two players.

Also, I hate Mourinho.
  • edited May 2023
    Outcast, There are reasons why David Moyes is under scrutiny from some including myself. We don't know why he hasn't been starting a few of the players even when they were available but that's his call. If you don't like Mourinho that is ok.
  • IMO Mourinho’s greatest achievement was winning the Champions League with Porto.
    All the rest has been based on outrageous amounts of money to spend.
  • If we had Mourinho it would be far more interesting, whether that’s good or bad is up for debate
  • The football wouldn’t be. Roma friend has spent the whole season wanting him out, even when they’ve been in Champions League spots
  • Poch goes to Chelsea. I wonder where Potter will go?
    Palace a rumour.
  • Arise Sir Graham Potter for services to the Premier League by making CFC rubbish! =)
  • Kind of think that award should go to their ridiculous owner.
  • New 2023/24 thread will be up when the next sacking occurs now that the PL is over and next seasons opponents have all been decided.
  • Think Potter will end up at Spurs.
  • Lukerz said:

Think Potter will end up at Spurs.

Last man standing?
  • I think Potter may think twice about going to Spurs, just be going from one basket case to another.
  • Now the season is over, I would be surprised if he does surface soon - hopefully he is just waiting for a certain Euro final to be played out so that a smooth transfer of power can take place 🙏
  • Metro claims that Palace have held talks Potter

If he does join Palace I wonder what reception he'll get when he goes back to Brighton?
  • More interested what Ham may say =)
  • I think we should be interested. I won't cry if we dont get him but I believe getting him or Rodgers would be right for us
  • steve said:

More interested what Ham may say =)

The Ham might have to result into having a “Potty mouth” 😳
  • Leeds have decided not to keep Allardyce on in the Championship. Not a huge surprise, to be honest. When you look at the profile of the successful Champo managers in recent seasons, Allardyce doesn't really fit that mould.

Not sure where he goes from here. On a hiding to nothing at Leeds to be fair, but he couldn't save West Brom and couldn't save Leeds, so his reputation as a relegation-saving gun-for-hire has taken a bit of a hit.
  • But it was a nice little easy earner for a month's "work" wasn't it. At 68, he's probably not too worried about his reputation.
  • But it was a nice little easy earner for a month's "work" wasn't it. At 68, he's probably not too worried about his reputation.

True, but he did say he wanted the job full time so clearly still has aspirations of managing.
  • The Guardian reporting that Leeds have a shortlist of Brendan Rodgers, Graham Potter, Carlos Corberan (WBA) and Regis Le Bris (Lorient) although it adds that the current boardroom shenanigans might not tempt Rodgers and Potter

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/01/sam-allardyce-leaves-leeds-united-with-brendan-rodgers-on-new-shortlist
  • OCS Sam got us up at the first attempt so he wasn’t too bad as a champo manager.
  • OCS Sam got us up at the first attempt so he wasn’t too bad as a champo manager.

OCS did say “recent”, though. I think the championship gets more competitive every year, and Leeds and Leicester are going to have a big fight to get back up, tbh.

alderz said:

OCS Sam got us up at the first attempt so he wasn’t too bad as a champo manager.

OCS did say “recent”, though. I think the championship gets more competitive every year, and Leeds and Leicester are going to have a big fight to get back up, tbh.
    Yeah, I just think Leeds are more likely to want to go down the Kompany/Edwards/Carrick route rather than the Allardyce/Mowbray/Warnock one.

From what I remember he even tried to cock that up as well.

From what I remember he even tried to cock that up as well.
    That's my view as well tbh, far too negative, especially in the final third or so of the season. 6 draws in 8 matches at one point, saw us drop from top down to 3rd and we never got back into the automatic promotion places again. To leave promotion to the lottery of the playoffs, when we had it comfortably within our own hands, is nothing to be too proud of imo.
  • edited June 2023
    OCS posted -

'Yeah, I just think Leeds are more likely to want to go down the Kompany/Edwards/Carrick route rather than the Allardyce/Mowbray/Warnock one.'

Mowbray would fit right in with Leeds way of trying to play bright, attractive, attacking football. Have you watched Sunderland this season?
  • Big Sam is reported to be worth 10 millian dollars, so he won't be too upset if he doesn't get another 'stressful' job
  • I agree that BFS getting us back up was not that impressive. We had at lest as good a squad as anyone else and should've gone up automatically. That said, its always more exciting to do it via the play offs :)
This discussion has been closed.