First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• no surprise there .seemed odd when they got him
  • It will be interesting to see how this plays out for various clubs as some have decided to bring something new with a new manager and some have decided take the view that their man is the best placed to turn things around.

Bournemouth, Southampton, Everton, Leeds and Wolves have all sacked whilst Leicester, West Ham and Forest have stuck with their man.

I think Bournemouth need to sack again as they are the most likely to go down. I think Moyes, Dyche and Rodgers have the best squads and the most experience to survive, so I think it Bournemouth along with Leeds, Southampton or Forest at present.
  • Don't forget Palace. They're in a bit of a free fall at the moment. One win in eight league games!
  • IronHerb said:

Don't forget Palace. They're in a bit of a free fall at the moment. One win in eight league games!

Hamstew licking his lips as he reads on.......
  • I think Bournemouth need to sack again as they are the most likely to go down.

Personally, I think that if you sack a manager, and then you go through a whole process and recruit another, and then you still aren’t looking like you’ll be safe, that suggests that the squad isn’t good enough and that’s hardly the news managers fault.
  • I agree about the squad Alderz, but the only chance they have is a manager who is going to get more from them within a short period. As they stand they have no chance as the squad is poor but if they could find from somewhere a manager who can organise and grind out a few results they may have a small chance.

For me they are the most likely to go down. I think they made a mistake in making O'Neil manager and although it's not his fault as the squad was poor, he is not the guy to try and make a silk purse out of a sows ear as he has no experience.
  • Played under Big Sam.

Just sayin'
  • MrsGrey said:

Played under Big Sam.

Just sayin'

That must have been hard, BFS is not exactly lightweight is he? =)
  • We'll be ok then as Nolan almost lived with the guy.
  • Leeds: how not to do it. Wait til your American manager has bought even more American players and the transfer window closes, then sack him and (presumably) appoint a non-American manager. Clever, yes??
  • Reading some of the comments on the BBC website about Marsch's replacement, just how deluded are their fans; Poch or Tuchel 😂🤣😂.
  • Leeds: how not to do it. Wait til your American manager has bought even more American players and the transfer window closes, then sack him and (presumably) appoint a non-American manager. Clever, yes??

Don't know how they're going to deal with that language barrier now.
  • Reading some of the comments on the BBC website about Marsch's replacement, just how deluded are their fans; Poch or Tuchel 😂🤣😂.

Lot of West Ham fans were saying the same as Moyes came under pressure. All fans are deluded to some extent.
  • IronHerb said:

Reading some of the comments on the BBC website about Marsch's replacement, just how deluded are their fans; Poch or Tuchel 😂🤣😂.

Lot of West Ham fans were saying the same as Moyes came under pressure. All fans are deluded to some extent.
    Although I agree we wouldn't get either of those, at least we've finished top 7 the last 2 seasons and are still in Europe.
  • Deluded Moi? No, if you don’t get a Pep, Poch or Tuchel type you are unlikely to be consistently competing for top honours but that is me just be negative again. 😉
  • Nathan Jones you've been gone too long
  • Smells like desperation or is that too obvious? The guys just been given the job prior to World Cup? They bought him a couple of players and didn't allow any sort of time to see if he/they developed/progressed.

BFS?
  • Lampard 😜
  • Poch to make a sensational return.......
  • But brings his interpreter back with him and refuses to do any interviews in English
  • In the article about Jones being sacked I noticed that first team coach Chris Cohen was sacked too. The same Chris Cohen that came through at the same time as Noble. Made over 400 career appearances in the end 👏🏻
  • Hmm I’m not sure Jesse Marsch is gonna be the right man to get Southampton out of trouble if he’s appointed 🤔
  • @Ravel, You may be right. I am currently trying to find the three teams to finish below us!
  • I think Bournemouth, Southampton and one other from Leeds, Everton, Forest and ourselves. We must beat Forest when they come to our place soon.
  • I think Bournemouth, Southampton and one other from Leeds, Everton, Forest and ourselves. We must beat Forest when they come to our place soon.

Forest have had a good run, 10 points from their last 5 matches, which has seen then move out of trouble. Bournemouth and Leeds have managed only 2 points, Everton and Soton only 3 points from their last 5.

Usually there's a team that drops right into trouble with a bad run, and Palace have only 3 points from their last 5, but that 5 includes 2 matches with Man Utd, Newcastle, Chelsea and Brighton, and their defeats have only been by a single goal, so I'm not sure they should be too worried just yet.

In all honesty it's really tight down there still and there's a few 6 pointers coming up; Leeds face Everton and then Soton in their next two matches, so someone is going to be picking up points in those matches. I don't think even Soton are detached just yet; look at where Forest were not so long ago. It does look like 3 from the current bottom 5 atm unless someone goes on a really poor run, and I wonder just how crucial our penultimate league game against Leeds at home will be?

We also still have to play Soton at home and Bournemouth away; those three fixtures (including Leeds) are huge games for us, but there are a few other winnable games like Forest (after Spurs) which is particularly important because, as I said above, some teams around us will definitely be picking up points in the next few weeks as they're playing each other, and it's important to try and keep our head above water.
  • Three from the bottom nine, excluding Leicester and us from that.
  • Javi Gracia to take over at Leeds.

His managerial career started 16 years ago next month, and Leeds will be his 13th managerial job, which is absolutely wild as a stat. It's made even more mad as a stat when you consider that he's spent 1,449 days out of work in that time, which is almost exactly double the length of his longest spell at a club (725 days with Malaga). On average, he lasts 364 days in a job, and he has never lasted two full calendar years in a job.

• That is quite some appointment, surely they could have gone for a less risky option in Avram Grant.
  • 🚨 Sound the sack klaxon! Vieira gone from Palace!
This discussion has been closed.