First Casualty of the 22/23 Sack race

Comments

• Can they even get a taxi in London this weekend =)
  • Why, has something happened?
  • Think someone Died Mrs Grey . =)
  • edited September 2022
    O.o

Must have missed that news snippet!
  • Leicester's next match is Forest at home Monday 3 October

Brenda facing the chop, 20th v 19th, an East Midlands derby and the first time they've played each other in the top flight this century

Could be a giggle
  • Official. Watford FC have sacked the manager Rob Edwards, statement confirms. 🚨🟡⚫️ #WatfordFC

Slaven Bilić expected to be named as new head coach, as reported today by @JBurtTelegraph.
  • My Forest Green Rovers supporting friend will be happy about that
  • Why would anybody work for Watford?
  • At least they know he's not gonna last, it's only an 18 month contract so less compensation when they sack him before then.
  • Lukerz said:

Why would anybody work for Watford?

Compensation. Also, I feel like it’s like people trying to date and change a toxic person. Every manager wants to be the one to fix them, and really believes they can be the one.
  • Let's be honest, by ordinary standards they'll earn a fortune, so why not? I'd do it for 6 months 😂🤣😂
  • Let's be honest, by ordinary standards they'll earn a fortune, so why not? I'd do it for 6 months 😂🤣😂

You think you’d last that long? 😂
  • Slaven will get them going ,Still love him
  • Rob Edwards should have stayed where he was, just look at the mess Forest Green are currently in without him.
  • I'm trying to think back a bit but didn't Everton go through a period were they never started the season particularly well only to reach the upper levels?
  • News coming out that Bruno Lage has-been given the heave-ho

I think a lot of managers who have had their marching orders have done so just after playing us... or am I misremembering?
  • Do we really think if we had lost last night that David Moyes would have been sacked?
  • The new manager had better speak Portuguese.
  • Their trajectory second half of last season and first part of this season has been very close to ours.
  • I wonder if Big Sam is dusting off his resume?
  • I was thinking the same Mrs Grey .Kiss of death to play us =)
  • Big Sam must have a villa on the Algarve. That makes him Portuguese enough I reckon
  • Slacker said:

The new manager had better speak Portuguese.

Can’t see the special one residing in the Black Country 🤔✈️🤣
  • alderz said:

Big Sam must have a villa on the Algarve. That makes him Portuguese enough I reckon

Big Simão
    Or Allardycio of the Algarve as he’s known to locals
  • Lukerz said:

Poch?

I did think that, but - in the nicest way possible - it’s a big step down. He’s gone from being hot property, very highly rated at Spurs, to a title winner with some of the world’s best players, to a mid table side with a very low likelihood of winning anything or getting into Europe. I reckon he can wait out a year and go for the Chelsea or Man Utd jobs.
  • Hmm, not sure Man Utd plan on needing a new manager in the next 18 months. Chelsea have just appointed a young manager with his stock at the highest level. Pep isn’t going anywhere, neither is Arteta. I think if he wants a PL return he takes a two-year deal at one of the other top 10 clubs & works his way back into contention.
  • I can't see Poch rushing to manage a team where he's going to struggle to achieve anything, his stock would only fall so he's on a hiding to nothing.
  • Lukerz said:

Hmm, not sure Man Utd plan on needing a new manager in the next 18 months. Chelsea have just appointed a young manager with his stock at the highest level. Pep isn’t going anywhere, neither is Arteta. I think if he wants a PL return he takes a two-year deal at one of the other top 10 clubs & works his way back into contention.

Given the way Man Utd and Chelsea have been for the last decade or more, their plans are sort of irrelevant. Also, Pep has been saying recently there’s a future without him for City, and his contract is up at the end of the season. Not that I would expect him to get that job, but I do think there is a good chance of there being a top 6 job available next summer.
This discussion has been closed.