Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• c&bsky, He has said he wants the move as he feels it could be the last chance to get to play in the Premier League.
  • Vanaken seems so short term of an answer. If we cant get the quality in on a permanent i would rather see us go for a loan.
  • Yeold, This is possibly another example of David Moyes having to reassess his plans for this window as the players he probably wanted to sign to go straight into the first team have either gone elsewhere or we simply just can't afford them. They may of course not want to play for us, why I don't know. =)
  • The answer to all our problems =) No really welcome Emerson
  • Slacker, his shirt number is 33. 👍
  • Yeold, This is possibly another example of David Moyes having to reassess his plans for this window as the players he probably wanted to sign to go straight into the first team have either gone elsewhere or we simply just can't afford them. They may of course not want to play for us, why I don't know. =)

We’ve chased this guy since summer 2020, so I doubt it. 👍
  • edited August 2022
    Nayef Aguerd
    Alphonse Areola
    Flynn Downes
    Gianluca Scamacca
    Maxwel Cornet
    Thilo Kehrer
    Emerson Palmieri

So Moyes has got options, which I think most would feel are all better than Martin, Diop, Fredericks, Masuaku, Noble, Kral, Vlasic & Yarmolenko.

He needs to mould this info a working team. It may take time & it may end up being a transition year, but he needs to do it.
  • All great except that Moyes leaves them on the bench.
  • Areola/Fab
    Johnson/Coufal
    Emerson/Cresswell
    Zouma/Kehrer
    Aguerd/Ogbonna
    Rice/Downes
    Soucek/Coventry
    Fornals/Lanzini
    Bowen/
    Benrahma/Cornet
    Scamacca/Antonio

That's as good a squad as we've had in years. Still think we need an upgrade on Soucek and Lanzini, and ideally a RW (although I expect Cornet will cover both flanks).

I would imagine we have the space in the squad and the necessary finances to get Gallagher in as a No8, Vanaken as a No10 and Januzaj as a Bowen alternative.
  • edited August 2022

Areola/Fab
    Johnson/Coufal
    Emerson/Cresswell
    Zouma/Kehrer
    Aguerd/Ogbonna
    Rice/Downes
    Soucek/Coventry
    Fornals/Lanzini
    Bowen/
    Benrahma/Cornet
    Scamacca/Antonio

That's as good a squad as we've had in years. Still think we need an upgrade on Soucek and Lanzini, and ideally a RW (although I expect Cornet will cover both flanks).

I would imagine we have the space in the squad and the necessary finances to get Gallagher in as a No8, Vanaken as a No10 and Januzaj as a Bowen alternative.

It's Coventry rather than Soucek we need an upgrade on imo. Soucek is out of form atm, but I'd be happy if we signed a player of similar ability (obviously also happy if he's better than Soucek too).

I agree that Lanzini isn't showing enough, I feel Vanaken is being targeted to replace or at least compete with him.
  • edited August 2022
    We’ve chased this guy since summer 2020, so I doubt it. 👍

That either indicates we are really slow at concluding our transfers or he just wasn't towards the top of our list of potential signings this window otherwise we would have signed him sooner wouldn't we?. I think I know which one it is.

• Which one is that then Fortune?
  • edited August 2022
    Where are the question marks for all these questions Mrs Grey?
  • We’ve chased this guy since summer 2020, so I doubt it. 👍

That either indicates ... he just wasn't towards the top of our list of potential signings this window otherwise we would have signed him sooner wouldn't we?.

As if every club can sign the player at the top of their list of potential signings at the beginning of the transfer window.
    Clearly that's not the case. So once again I find your premise unsound :-)
  • IronHerb said:

Which one is that then Fortune?

He wasn’t towards the top of our transfer targets.
    MrsG, It’s all about opinions & yet again mine is deemed to be wrong but c’est la vie. 🤷‍♂️

• edited August 2022
    Nothing to do with your opinion. Which, by definition, can't be right or wrong. It can only be agreed or disagreed with.

I was taking issue with the conclusion you draw ( or imply, anyway) from a made-up choice of 2 options.
  • Where are the question marks for all these questions Mrs Grey?

Sorry, mate. I deleted my post. So your question looks a bit left field now 😂...

But for the record, they weren't questions but were a list of alternative options . Or that's what I meant them to be, all alternatives to the measly two offered earlier.
  • edited August 2022
    They looked like questions to me hahaha
    Although I seem to be left in the lurch some what with an answer in need of a question hahaha
  • Diop's debut for Fulham hasn't gone down well with the fans, judging by some of the comments on Twitter.

Forget what I said about Emerson, £15m for Diop may turn out to be our best business of the summer 😬
  • So our bench for the Villa game could be…

Areola, Dawson, Ogbonna, Johnson, Emerson, Downes, Lanzini, Cornet, Scamacca
  • Let's hope not.
  • According to Ex, the four players we've been talking to Chelsea about loaning are RLC, Gallagher, CHO and Broja.

Sky are now reporting that CHO is close to joining Leverkusen, so which of the remaining three would be our best bet? Broja is probably the least required now Scamacca's on board (although I'd still like him), so is RLC or Gallagher the better fit for our midfield needs?
  • Not sure I’d want either
  • I'd like RLC if I had to choose one (followed by Gallagher)
  • Gallagher, then RLC
  • edited August 2022
    Every box ticked in terms of positions.
    We needed 7, and have got 7.
    I will welcome another CM / AM, but overall very pleased.
  • Conor Gallagher isn't going anywhere, he started against Leeds because N'Golo Kante is going to be out "for several weeks" with a hamstring injury

Loftus Cheek isn't going anywhere either, he's started the last two games at RWB with Reece James preferred to Azpilicueta in the RCB spot.

If they were surplus to requirements Tuchel wouldn't be playing them

Broja is injured again, "out for days" and didn't travel to Leeds. He's made two substitute appearances so far and Tuchel's comments suggest he wants to keep Broja at Chelsea this season to see if he's good enough. Maybe January.

Hudson-Odoi wasn't even on the bench for the first game and he spent the other two kicking his heels. Once other players come back from injury its more than likely he'll be dropped again so a loan move seems logical
This discussion has been closed.