Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• Why would it have more credibility. 2 ' fan news' sites reporting on the same tweet? Each as credible as the other imo.
  • I know let’s start one.
    Strong rumours that Messi is unhappy in Paris and wants to move to London. Newman is very tight with Leo’s dad………….

We should be , etc etc.
  • edited August 2022
    MrsG, Apologies but I thought lots of people believed Fabrizio Romano to be one of the more reliable and informed journalists or have I just imagined it?
  • Fabrizio Romano is my hero
    I will not have a bad word said against him 🥰
  • edited August 2022

MrsG, Apologies but I thought lots of people believed Fabrizio Romano to be one of the more reliable and informed journalists or have I just imagined it?

He is one of the more reliable ITKs. I don't think our interest is necessarily in doubt; I think people's scepticism is more about the fans saying 'get him in' having probably never heard of him before let alone see him play.
  • Trott has gone out on loan
  • If we were genuinely bidding for a probably unbelievably skillful Brazilian 20 year old, it may have come as a shock to us that his club may want more than 6M? It'd be way more credible if we bid 7.5M :)
  • edited August 2022
    Yeah he (Romano) seems pretty good. Better than ex imo.
  • Lukerz said:

Trott has gone out on loan

Trotterz independent traders
  • David Moyes’s West Ham United are interested in signing Lazaro from Flamengo in the summer transfer window, according to Fabrizio Romano.

The well-known and well-respected journalist has reported on Twitter that West Ham have approached Brazilian club Flamengo for Lazaro.

The Premier League club have made an opening bid of £6 million for the 20-year-old, but it has been rejected.

Romano has further stated that talks between West Ham and Flamengo are going on, adding that other clubs are also interested in Lazaro, who operates as an attacking midfielder or as a forward.

This might just give it a bit more credibility?

Just to say, I wasn’t laughing at the credibility of the rumour. It was the “probably unbelievably skillfull”.
  • MrsG, Apologies but I thought lots of people believed Fabrizio Romano to be one of the more reliable and informed journalists or have I just imagined it?

I was referring to the reporting, rather than the source. Both reports were based on the same journalist post, so equally credible. I thought you were saying one site was more credible than the other, or that 2 reports are more credible than 1 :+1:
  • PL clubs circle for McTominay
    Everton, Leicester, Newcastle and West Ham are all in the running to sign Manchester United midfielder Scott McTominay, according to TalkSPORT.
    With Casemiro set to arrive at Old Trafford from Real Madrid, McTominay is expected to see a reduction in first-team opportunities, and Premier League clubs are ready to pounce.
  • We need a new partner for Rice

McTominay is not that partner
  • Hamstew said:

Yeah he (Romano) seems pretty good. Better than ex imo.

Ex is a guy with some contacts in the club and can take it on face value.

Fabrizio is supposedly a journalist but, to me, seems to source almost entirely through agents. I think he's careful about at what point he takes what those agents are saying but it feels like he's doing their bidding. They probably know as well that he's most useful for them when he looks like he's reliable.

• Let's get Emerson in now, need players in to give the squad a lift
  • Let's get Emerson in now, need players in to give the squad a lift

Emerson and Vanaken this week might help give the squad a boost ahead of Sunday, but do you honestly think either would start?

Moyes seems so reluctant to play new signings (Kehrer is the exception as we have so few options) that even if players came in this week (personally I think it'll only be Emerson), they'll be on the bench at best.

What I've found most frustrating is Moyes’s comments that we're not ready; we've had the same amount of time as other clubs and have known for a long time that Noble was leaving, that Cresswell was regressing, that Soucek and Rice had zero cover. To me there are no excuses for not being ready given that the necessary squad turnover (i.e. out of contract players) and the areas of weakness in the squad were entirely known.
  • OCS, This is what I said on the Brighton thread @ 3.52

So Emerson is the new LB, need a creative CAM by the 31st but would DM take weeks to play him?
  • Someone like Fofana from Lens would be really useful. Someone to seize things and just force us forwards.
  • OCS, The full quote from Moyes was
    “We’re having to bed people in,” said Moyes. “And I’m not sure we are ready yet. The season started three weeks ago, we have to be ready, I take responsibility for that.”

He also said 'picking the German had been a decision he had needed to sleep on'
    “I don’t think he was ready to start. The last couple of games we hadn’t gone so well so I put in a recognised central defender.”

Also, (for Fortune) are you aware that Scammaca had no preseason?
  • I haven't seen any replays yet but I didn't think Kehrer was awful. Rash for that foul, yes, but Zouma did expose us by giving it away. Otherwise, there wasn't much noteworthy about his performance.
  • MrsG, Yes I understand that but Cornet did. =)
  • Any chance of signing Noble back .And after that try and get stuart pearce back
  • MrsGrey said:

OCS, The full quote from Moyes was
    “We’re having to bed people in,” said Moyes. “And I’m not sure we are ready yet. The season started three weeks ago, we have to be ready, I take responsibility for that.”

“I don’t think he was ready to start. The last couple of games we hadn’t gone so well so I put in a recognised central defender.”

Him taking responsibility for it doesn't make it any less frustrating.

And did he really refer to Kehrer as' the German'? He was also quoted the other day as saying he keeps on calling him Theo. I may be alone in this, but I don't think that shows a lot of respect for a player new to the team and the country.
  • MrsGrey said:

And did he really refer to Kehrer as' the German'? He was also quoted the other day as saying he keeps on calling him Theo. I may be alone in this, but I don't think that shows a lot of respect for a player new to the team and the country.
    I think it's more likely that the columnist referred to Kehrer as 'The German'
  • And did he really refer to Kehrer as' the German'? He was also quoted the other day as saying he keeps on calling him Theo. I may be alone in this, but I don't think that shows a lot of respect for a player new to the team and the country.

Completely agree, very poor if this is true.
  • alderz said:

MrsGrey said:

I think it's more likely that the columnist referred to Kehrer as 'The German'
    Ah, ok, yeah that reads a bit differently.
  • Yes, sorry if my use of quotation marks made it confusing. It was the journalist who used that phrase.
  • I know no one can really answer this 👍 but I wonder if we would be in this position IF we had got most if not all our players in at the start of the window so they could have had a pre season with us? Waits for the look at Aston Villa answer!
  • I know no one can really answer this 👍 but I wonder if we would be in this position IF we had got most if not all our players in at the start of the window so they could have had a pre season with us? Waits for the look at Aston Villa answer!

The only real advantage, IMO, is that the players wouldn’t still need to build their fitness
  • MrsGrey said:

Also, (for Fortune) are you aware that Scammaca had no preseason?

MrsG, Yes I understand that but Cornet did. =)

Cornet didn't play any pre-season matches with Burnley

This discussion has been closed.