Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

1171819202123»

Comments

• Ah, that'll be it. 😄
  • Ex has confirmed the Elvedi interest, so presumably if Dawson goes, he may come in (a permanent deal more likely, apparently) and Ex has also said that we've been negotiating with Chelsea players for a while so maybe one of Broja/Gallagher on loan.

I can't see anything happening today with it being a game day, but it looks like tomorrow might be quite interesting.
  • Moyes was talking about being able to field two good teams.

His 2nd eleven now probably looks like:

Areola
    Johnson Dawson(?) Aguerd Emerson
    Downes Coventry
    Cornet Lanzini Fornals
    Scamacca

Which is a significant improvement on last season. Looking at that team, I would say we're still a CM and possibly another No10 away from having the complete 22-man core squad, but if I'd still be happy if we bring no-one else in.

That said, if Dawson goes, I expect us to replace him, and if I'm being greedy I'd love to see Seko Fofana and Broja come in too.
  • We need a CM IMO. A medium term injury to Soucek or Rice (ignoring the form of Soucek) would see us filling in with Downes or a player not in their preferred position. Maybe Paqueta can play CM in a two, but I don’t know that for sure.
  • Moyes was talking about being able to field two good teams.

His 2nd eleven now probably looks like:

Areola
    Johnson Dawson(?) Aguerd Emerson
    Downes Coventry
    Cornet Lanzini Fornals
    Scamacca

Which is a significant improvement on last season. Looking at that team, I would say we're still a CM and possibly another No10 away from having the complete 22-man core squad, but if I'd still be happy if we bring no-one else in.

That said, if Dawson goes, I expect us to replace him, and if I'm being greedy I'd love to see Seko Fofana and Broja come in too.

I believe that Aguerd (when fit), Scamacca and Cornet will be 1st eleven. Which means theres a decent squeeze to get in it :)
  • OCS, Emerson instead of Cresswell IMHO.
  • Lukerz said:

We need a CM IMO. A medium term injury to Soucek or Rice (ignoring the form of Soucek) would see us filling in with Downes or a player not in their preferred position. Maybe Paqueta can play CM in a two, but I don’t know that for sure.

Paqueta has played 60 games as a CM, and his defensive stats are pretty good, for a Brazilian No10, at least. So I can see him in a two with Rice/Soucek with Fornals or Benrahma used as the 10.

And I think his versatility, and that of Fornals, Kehrer and Cornet, could be the reason our business may be done.
  • OCS, Emerson instead of Cresswell IMHO.

That would be my choice too, but I think Moyes still sees Cresswell as his No1 LB.
  • So 2 days left ?

Rumours Out:-

- Ashby
    - Dawson

Rumours In:-

- AWB
    - Elvedi
    - Bednarek
    - Barkley
    - Vanaken (new deal signed with Club Brugge)

Anymore to the list going into the final day of Ins and Outs?

Just read we sent a scout to look at Brereton Diaz again. Its probably too greedy to want Fofana? Isn't it? :)
  • OCS I would be surprised if, when all fit, that Aguerd, Cornet and Scamacca would be considered second eleven and probably Emerson as well.
  • OCS I would be surprised if, when all fit, that Aguerd, Cornet and Scamacca would be considered second eleven and probably Emerson as well.

Yeah, quite possibly.

I just think that Moyes is very loyal to the players that have done well for him. I think Aguerd would have been a starter, but the Kehrer and Zouma partnership could be well settled by the time he's back.

Personally, I'd start Scamacca and Emerson over Antonio and Cresswell as 'first eleven' players, but I'm not convinced Moyes will.
  • just a matter of time for Scamacca. He shouldnt have been taken off vs Villa IMO
  • We have a lot of games coming up before the World Cup break, I'm sure they will all be involved.
  • OCS, I agree problem is maybe he is too loyal as Cresswell isn’t the same player he was a few years ago.
  • Dharmesh reporting that Villa and Wolves have bids in for Dawson and we're talking to Southampton about Bednarek.

I know Dawson is a bit of a cult figure, but I wouldn't be too upset if he left, particularly if he gets replaced. Bednarek is, at worst, the same level as Dawson (I think he's probably a better all round player) and at 26 would be a good longer-term option to have.

Zouma, Bednarek, Aguerd and Kehrer have plenty of years ahead of them.
  • Saints lead five-horse race for Maitland-Niles
    Southampton lead a five-horse race to sign Arsenal midfielder Ainsley Maintland-Niles.
    Numerous Premier League clubs have expressed their interest to the player's representatives this summer.
    Newcastle, West Ham, Bournemouth and Crystal Palace have all monitored the player during this window.
    The deal on the table with Southampton - which Arsenal are happy with - is for a season-long loan with an option to buy.
    Maitland-Niles has one year left on his current Arsenal deal with a club option of a further 12 months.
    He was on loan at Roma last season where he made 12 appearances.
  • If Daws lives in Manchester and wants a club nearer to home I am surprised City are not all over that information. I think they have missed a trick there.
  • edited August 2022
    I think he'd see it as a downward step after us!
  • Is that because we' re massive?
  • yoyo said:

I think he'd see it as a downward step after us!

Everywhere is a downward step after us.
  • Yeah, I'd to see Broja in tomorrow. One virus, one muscle pull, one suspension and we're back to not having a striker on the bench.
  • Any thoughts on Bednarek joining?
  • Any thoughts on Bednarek joining?

Fair Dawson replacement, IMO. Would be 4th choice at best once Aguerd is fit.
This discussion has been closed.