Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• Maybe downside is too strong a word but this guy is way above our normal signings and can add so much to the team so I want him to be involved from the get go.
  • He’s had a preseason so will hopefully be able to be up to speed a bit quicker than some of the others.
  • Approach rejected from us for Wan-Bissaka. Suggests we want a RB/RWB.
  • I think (hope) it's Moyes’s way of managing people's expectations. 'He'll need time to adjust' means 'don't expect too much too soon'.

Pretty sure he'll get minutes against Spurs.
  • And apparently Rice has hinted that there'll be at least one more in before 11pm Thursday?

Vanaken? Broja? Gallagher?

Talk that we've spoken to ManU about Wan-Bissaka, so are we in the market for a RB? Johnson picked up an injury yesterday, and Ashby is supposedly heading to the Championship on loan (Ex).

Great business so far, but maybe more on the horizon.
  • Let’s have a look at the loan market
  • There's only Wan Bissaka!
    Wan Bissaka!
    There's only Wan Bissaka...
  • Baz you're missing a syllable =)
  • And apparently Rice has hinted that there'll be at least one more in before 11pm Thursday?

Vanaken? Broja? Gallagher?

Talk that we've spoken to ManU about Wan-Bissaka, so are we in the market for a RB? Johnson picked up an injury yesterday, and Ashby is supposedly heading to the Championship on loan (Ex).

Great business so far, but maybe more on the horizon.

The quote from Rice was basically that we’ve done good work in the window and “hopefully” there would be one or two more before the deadline, and that was pre-Paqueta. I think people are reading too much into it, personally
  • So.. we can go to bed? Can we?
  • An RWB would be the icing on the cake
    Appreciate many won’t agree but serge aurier on a free would have been good business.
    Yes he’s a bit loony
    But great going forward and a good crosser of the ball

Damn u forest

🌳 🪓
  • Forest are taking a different slant on Premiership survival. Instead of putting out a first 11 every week, they just buy a new one!
  • Ravel49 said:

An RWB would be the icing on the cake
    Appreciate many won’t agree but serge aurier on a free would have been good business.
    Yes he’s a bit loony
    But great going forward and a good crosser of the ball

Damn u forest

🌳 🪓

I like Serge Aurier so, so little. Not only do I not think he’s a particularly good footballer, but he also seems like a nightmare person.
  • I think it’s called character these days Ald 😜
  • Was just thinking budget wise
    Surely there none left
    And not sure what RBW’s would be available on loan..
  • I quite liked AWB before he went to Man U and it was obvious they would crush him like they do everyone, until they pretend they’re all bad players.
  • I'd be happy to see Maitland Niles on loan ... or cheap purchase
  • Dodger58 said:

I'd be happy to see Maitland Niles on loan ... or cheap purchase

I wonder if he's got over his displeasure at having to play anywhere other than CM? If so I think he'd be a decent addition, given that he can play both RWB and CM to a decent standard imo.

I think he's only got a year left on his contract and he seems a bit out of favour at Arsenal, so it could be that he's available at a relatively reasonable price.
  • If true an approach for an RWB definitely means DM is favouring a 3-5-2 / 3-5-1-1 this season
  • Are we winning the transfer window?
  • MrsG, Is that by money spent or by the number of signings? 😃
  • DM: winning.. it’s what he does 😅
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Soooooooo squad depth (updated)

GK: Fabiański, Areola, Randolph (3)
    CB: Zouma, Kehrer, Ogbonna, Dawson, Aguerd (5)
    FB: Cresswell, Emerson, Coufal, Johnson, Kehrer, Ashby (5)
    CM: Rice, Souček, Lanzini, Downes, Kehrer, Coventry (6)
    AM: Paquetá, Fornals, Lanzini, Benrahma (4)
    WG: Bowen, Benrahma, Cornet, Fornals (4)
    ST: Antonio, Scamacca, Bowen, Cornet (4)

25 players

Bold = players who are covering more than one position.

• edited August 2022
    I think another CM option would be ideal. Other than that, very happy.
  • Would the arrival of Paquetá result in departure of Lanzini? He has been very inconsistent and does not carry the threat that he had before that injury. I think hwould rank behind Paquetá, Benrahma and Fornals.
  • I can't help think Downes has made a mistake in coming to us, he needs be playing at this point in his career and I just cant see him getting game time or being allowed out on loan.
  • Baz you're missing a syllable =)

I thought that they were usually called Marbles

now when are those run and settee emojis =)
  • Pengeman said:

Would the arrival of Paquetá result in departure of Lanzini? He has been very inconsistent and does not carry the threat that he had before that injury. I think hwould rank behind Paquetá, Benrahma and Fornals.

Does anybody want him?

He can walk away on a free at the end of the season, he'll be 30 in February so might prefer to see his contract out
  • Aston Villa and Wolves are both interested in signing West Ham's English defender Craig Dawson, 32. (Sun)
  • We could actually make a profit on Daws if we sold him, not that I particularly want to sell him.
This discussion has been closed.