Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• I would be absolutely THRILLED with Gallagher! Paqueta is incredible business but Gallagher as well would be amazing. Even if we hadn’t signed Paqueta, I would’ve been extremely happy with just Gallagher alone… so signing both would be a dream.

Broja on loan would also be a fantastic signing (even though we now have a solid number of attacking options).

Fofana too would be a seriously top, top signing but I think our centre back options are already very strong. Also as great player as Fofana is, the fact it looks like he’s gone “on strike” suggests he’s probably not the sort of character Moyes would like in amongst the changing room.

I feel we don’t urgently need anymore players. Another full back and a defensive midfielder would be nice to have but isn’t essential now.

It’s more about getting the new boys gelled and settled into the team as quickly as possible.
  • edited August 2022
    welove,

We are being linked with Seko Fofana, a midfielder from Lens, not the £80m Wesley Fofana, the centre back from Leicester. 👍
  • Have I missed something re Fofana. I didn’t think he had been linked at all. And was in/going to the US for a medical with Chelsea 🧐
  • I refer the Honourable Member to the answer I gave previously. 😂
  • Sorry I can’t see it 😂
    Would you be able to quote yourself?
  • Oh actually don’t worry
    🤦‍♂️ 🤦‍♂️
    I was looking further back 😂
    Didn’t realise it was above

🛌 time for me 😂
  • All these transfers on top of what we have is making my head spin. I'm sure I will wake up and realise it was all a fantastic dream 🤪
  • Don’t go in the shower 😂
  • Good to see a number of youngsters getting Championship loans. Good luck to them all.
  • Hopefully it will benefit us if a few can get a season under their belts in the Championship & come back battle hardened.
  • So 2 days left ?

We have a potential Dawson exit.

Rumours on:-

- AWB
    - Elvedi
    - Bednarek
    - Barkley

Anymore to the list going into the final day of Ins and Outs?
  • edited August 2022
    Longelo loan to Birmingham City. Ashby rumoured to be of interest to Preston. Oxo Flex gone to Swansea.
  • Potential incomings at West Ham...
    Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth on The Transfer Show:

"West Ham have entered talks with Southampton over Jan Bednarek, and one source has also said Aaron Wan-Bissaka, West Ham have encouragement that Man Utd would do business for him.

"As I mentioned before, it is possible that United would go for Barcelona's Sergino Dest before the window shuts."
  • So 2 days left ?

Rumours Out:-

- Ashby
    - Dawson

Rumours In:-

- AWB
    - Elvedi
    - Bednarek
    - Barkley
    - Vanaken

• We currently have a squad of 24. So should Dawson go that will leave 2 spaces and there's always a chance Coventry goes making a maximum of 3 spaces available.
  • Dawson reminds me of Collins, maybe not the best technically but would always put everything on the line and was the consumate professional.
  • I’m not sure we should go for Wan Bissaks. Not convinced he’s better than whar we have, and what it would say to Coufal, and Johnson, as well as the rest of the squad from last year.
  • Don't understand getting in a defensive minded RB like Wan Bissaka when Coufal/Johnson are both Prem level and defensive minded full backs

If we were going to buy one I'd assume we'd go for someone better going forward to offer us something different

Can only think Wan Bissaka is a trial run to move Coufal out next summer as he apparantly wants a new contract and his form doesn't warrant one
  • I hope we dont get tempted to get Barkley. Just dont fancy him at all
  • I don't mind Barkley, tbh
  • Latest rumour with Barkley is Rangers

And the fans aren’t too happy about it
  • Moyes mentioned Barkley yesterday

"I would never rule anybody out but I’ve got to say on Ross, I gave him his debut at 16 and he’s had a really good career"

Past tense
  • He peaked way too early, so you have to feel there shoulda been more. Not sure if it was his injury or the move to Chelsea or a combination of the 2, but the last 5 years or so he's been on a definite downward trajectory.
  • Surprised Forest aren't sniffing around him, they are everyone else
  • So 2 days left ?

Rumours Out:-

- Ashby
    - Dawson

Rumours In:-

- AWB
    - Elvedi
    - Bednarek
    - Barkley
    - Vanaken (new deal signed with Club Brugge)

• edited August 2022
    Ten Hag has said this morning AWB is staying.
  • Where have you seen Vanaken has signed new contract? Brugge have reportedly broken the Belgian transfer record with the £20m purchase of Yaremchuk from Benfica.
  • IronHerb said:

Where have you seen Vanaken has signed new contract? Brugge have reportedly broken the Belgian transfer record with the £20m purchase of Yaremchuk from Benfica.

This discussion has been closed.