Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• Gallagher would be incredible imo
  • Think the consensus was RLC was pretty bad at RWB on the weekend so he might not be starting there anymore
  • ASLEF, you're assuming Chelsea aren't making anymore signings. If they sign Aubameyang than I suspect Broja becomes available. If they sign Casadei or de Jong, then maybe Gallagher becomes available.

They've been linked with right-sided defenders Walker-Peters and Dumfries, so if either of them come in then RLC may become available.

I have a feeling they'll be pretty busy over the next seven days and will be looking to get rid of a few players as a result.
  • Broja wants to play regularly & after we signed Scamacca he thinks his chances will be limited with us. Even more so if DM leaves him on the bench until he has got up to speed with the Premier League. 😉
  • Broja looks nailed on for Everton doesn’t he?They’re desperate for a striker and Chelsea are trying to get Anthony Gordon .

So I fully expect him to rock up at Rush Green any day now.
    Ooh look at me breaking my own rules.
  • ASLEF, you're assuming Chelsea aren't making anymore signings

True, Chelsea might sign more players which might allow Gallagher, RLC and Broja to move but until those new players arrive I don't see Tuchel leaving himself short
  • Chelsea, the leagues biggest spenders so far but imo considerably weaker than last season 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • ASLEF, you're assuming Chelsea aren't making anymore signings

True, Chelsea might sign more players which might allow Gallagher, RLC and Broja to move but until those new players arrive I don't see Tuchel leaving himself short
    No, I agree, and that could be why we're a week away from the window closing and are still a few players short.

Wouldn't be at all surprised if we've been told by Chelsea that we can have Gallagher/Broja/RLC but only once they get their deals done. Risky on our part, but you'd hope that we have a Plan B should Chelsea decide to keep them.
  • OCS, When does our Plan B kick in? 🤔
  • I really don’t see how we still need new signings after bringing in 7(!) new players.
    As as been said before on here it could be a big risk to change the side too much. Then again I do trust the manager to get it right.
    Just seems a lot to me.
  • OCS, When does our Plan B kick in? 🤔

Probably just after they decide on Plan A =)
  • Slacker said:

I really don’t see how we still need new signings after bringing in 7(!) new players.
    As as been said before on here it could be a big risk to change the side too much. Then again I do trust the manager to get it right.
    Just seems a lot to me.

Moyes signed 8 players in the 5 previous windows, seven in one window is a major change in transfer policy
  • what ever happens, we signed more players that I thought we would which is great, we now just need to get it right on the pitch and not panic too soon.
  • I don’t think I’ve ever panicked in my life.
    Oh once, when I left my maggots at home, that was a bad one.
  • Slacker said:

I really don’t see how we still need new signings after bringing in 7(!) new players.
    Just seems a lot to me.

It is a lot, but a lot were required.

We're still bidding for Vanaken and we still haven't got an Onana alternative, so despite what we all think about whether we have enough or need more, Moyes himself seems to believe we need more.

To trust Moyes might be to accept that we'll see 8, 9 maybe even 10 new faces this summer.
  • edited August 2022
    Slacker said:

I don’t think I’ve ever panicked in my life.
    Oh once, when I left my maggots at home, that was a bad one.

Were they in a tub or did they have a free run of the gaff?
  • West Ham transfer update: Paqueta, Vanaken & more
    West Ham have made a bid worth €40m for Lyon midfielder Lucas Paqueta.
    The player's agents are in London and want to conclude a deal with a Premier League club before the end of the window.
    Talks continuing between the clubs. Paqueta has three years left on his Lyon contract.
    Meanwhile, talks are continuing with Club Brugge over the signing of Belgium international midfielder Hans Vanaken.
    A gap in valuation still exists. The player, who turns 30 today, wants to come - but West Ham are prepared to walk away from the deal if asking price doesn't come down.
    West Ham are also looking at other options – including Atalanta’s Ruslan Malinovskyi. The Hammers are keeping an eye on Connor Gallagher's situation at Chelsea. If he is allowed to leave, West Ham very interested in doing a deal.
  • I love the quote 'The player's agents are in London and want to conclude a deal with a Premier League club before the end of the window.'

Well, they won't be able to complete after the window closes. 🤦‍♂️
  • Twitter rumour Isak to Newcastle but we have already got Scamacca.
  • IronHerb said:

I love the quote 'The player's agents are in London and want to conclude a deal with a Premier League club before the end of the window.'

Well, they won't be able to complete after the window closes. 🤦‍♂️

Note the "a Premier League club". Sounds like they'll be hawking him to a few chairmen over the next few days.

Great player, but out of our league I reckon.
  • Not twitter rumour. SKY quoting Newcastle £58m bid for Isak. That's the trouble when you do your business early. 😉
  • OCS, Arsenal or Newcastle they reckon but can you see them having the money to afford it, oh hang on a second! :p
  • Slacker said:

Just seems a lot to me.

It is a lot, but a lot were required.

We're still bidding for Vanaken and we still haven't got an Onana alternative, so despite what we all think about whether we have enough or need more, Moyes himself seems to believe we need more.

To trust Moyes might be to accept that we'll see 8, 9 maybe even 10 new faces this summer.
    Like I said I do trust the manager, I think he’s got a handle on this managing a football team lark, but 7-10 new players at once is an awful lot.
    I hope he gets it right but he can always come on here or KUMB or Twitter if he needs any advice on how to do it.

• IronHerb, I am sure if David Moyes really wanted Isak we would have offered what Sociedad wanted for him and he would have played v Manchester City. 😉
  • Vanaken or Paqueta ? feels like a no brainer if its just one more signing
  • I imagine we want both. Paqueta more of a number 10 whereas Vanaken more a number 8.
  • Samba De Janeiro 🎶 🕺🏻 🇧🇷 1️⃣0️⃣
  • A lot of big ITKs going in hard on the Paqueta news. Ornstein, Sheth, Schira all reporting it now.

Just feels like a too good to be true type signing.

Would love it to happen though.
  • I have this nagging feeling that given all the money spent, we may make a big sale once everyone is in to cover it. Hope I am wrong though.
  • It’s just the money saved from the last 2 years
This discussion has been closed.