Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• Of the two, Vanaken seems to be more suited to be a defensive midfielder. I can't get my head round the club suddenly being ready to splash 50million on this guy.
  • edited August 2022
    Moyes said we need a Payet and I guess this is Paqueta.

Oh, and Vanaken is an attacking midfielder.
  • edited August 2022

Arne Engles (yeah, me too) now linked. 18-year-old Belgian youth international. Right-sided player entering the final year of his contract with Club NXT, and on the books of Wasserman.

If true, could be another hint that Moyes is looking to play 3-5-2 in the long term.

Club NXT is Club Brugge's reserves/U23s, they play in the Belgian 2nd tier.

If he isn't good enough to play in the Belgian top flight then I doubt he's ready to play in the Premier League

Right then. Paqueta. Will he sign or not?

Last I heard Lyon have rejected our £42m bid so he's not signing
  • edited August 2022
    Theyve apparently rejected the 50M euro bid so its a no from me purely because I dont think we'll go higher. That said, yesterdays news detailed his reps were over here trying to sort him out with a premiership club... Does that mean he wants to come to the Prem or does his club want to get a kings ransom for him, or both?

#Paquet up, paquet in, let me begin
    #Jump around!
  • Lyon reject West Ham bid for Paqueta
    Lyon have rejected West Ham's €40m offer for midfielder Lucas Paqueta.
    Talks are ongoing between the clubs.
    West Ham are expected to go back in with an improved offer.
  • Baz 👏🏻 Maybe your best work yet!
  • edited August 2022
    and here he is dancing to the House of Pain! (teaser from a few minutes back that we're apparently 'close'... Still not changing my mind til a concrete thingy comes online)

• edited August 2022
    Me lapping up a copycat post because I want to dream! (or is it another confirmation we are getting him! Can I change from Bazshuayi to a more worthy Bazqueta!!)

West Ham are close to agreeing a deal worth €50m including add-ons with Lyon for Lucas Paqueta, after having their initial €40m offer rejected.

Sources close to the player say they are 'confident' that a deal is nearing a conclusion.

#Bazqueta case
  • OCS, No he will go to Tottenham, I hope I am wrong. 50 million euros could buy you a very decent player from a Premier League club but would they pass the David Moyes test as Maddison probably wouldn't?
  • Bazshuayi said:

Theyve apparently rejected the 50M euro bid so its a no from me purely because I dont think we'll go higher. That said, yesterdays news detailed his reps were over here trying to sort him out with a premiership club... Does that mean he wants to come to the Prem or does his club want to get a kings ransom for him, or both?

#Paquet up, paquet in, let me begin
    #Jump around!

If we sign him, this needs to be played after he scores (even if its only once)
  • Could we please provide the source of these quotes so it's possible to judge how reliable they are
  • Paqueta can be real asset for West Ham'
    South American football expert Tim Vickery:

"Lucas Paqueta is a very classy player. He'd be a wonderful asset to West Ham and to the Premier League because he has real left-footed class. He is an elegant attacking midfielder. He's so versatile. I've seen him playing for Brazil and fill three different positions in the same game reasonably well.

"He's really an attacking midfielder but he can also play up front. You can play him as a withdrawn winger, and deeper in midfield - although there is a problem there as sometimes he can give the ball away too close to his own goal because he's showboating.

"This is the one potential problem with him, which is why he's being linked with West Ham having not quite hit the expectations at AC Milan.

"There is a little bit of the petulant schoolboy about him. It would be a challenge of man-management for David Moyes. When you look at Brazil, he's an automatic choice. He has a sweet thing going with Neymar. The pair of them are on the same wavelength and if he can form some kind of similar relationship with those around him at West Ham, he can be a real asset to the club."
  • Sky Sports News transfer expert Lyall Thomas:
    "Lucas Paqueta has been offered to all the clubs in the Premier League. Lyon are open to selling and he wants to move here. At the moment it is West Ham bidding for him though. One offer has been rejected and they are expected to follow up with another, according to our reporter Dharmesh Sheth.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Sources close to the player say they are 'confident' that a deal is nearing a conclusion.

A positive conclusion or a negative conclusion?🤔🤔🤔
  • buffy, They are just waiting for Harry to turn up in his car!
  • €57m bid now gone in for Paqueta, according to @lequipe. €42m upfront and €15m add-ons 😬
  • €57m bid now gone in for Paqueta, according to @lequipe. €42m upfront and €15m add-ons 😬

Yup, the kiddywinks on KUMB are getting very giddy.

• Are they jumping around 😜
  • An old fav of yours Herb?
    Those 63 minutes in the cup vs Bolton bring back fond memories?
  • I have a photo of myself with him. I couldn't afford the £20 to have his name printed on my shirt so stuck with Rice. 😀
  • The Depay to Juve deal has apparently collapsed. Him and Paqueta would make a nice end to the window. 🤪
  • IronHerb said:

I have a photo of myself with him. I couldn't afford the £20 to have his name printed on my shirt so stuck with Rice. 😀

Not Demba Ba 🧐
  • Ravel49 said:

IronHerb said:

I have a photo of myself with him. I couldn't afford the £20 to have his name printed on my shirt so stuck with Rice. 😀

Not Demba Ba 🧐
    Minimum spend rules apply. 😂
  • I think Lyon are taking the proverbial.
    Unless, that is, he's as good as Payet (£10.7 million)
  • BND, They expect they will find someone to pay what they want?
  • The Don Fab Rom:

There’s no full agreement between West Ham and OL for Lucas Paquetá after new round of talks. Player keen on the move but talks with Aulas, not easy. 🇧🇷 #WHUFC

Vanaken remains one of the options for West Ham after two bids already rejected by Club Brugge.

• Here we go!
  • £60m euros is a lot!
This discussion has been closed.