Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• edited August 2022
    Dan Chesters loaned out to Colchester.

Go well young man πŸ‘

Edit: and Mipo Odubeko loaned out to Port Vale.

Go well too πŸ‘
  • OCS, Any news on their replacements? πŸ˜‰
  • West Ham trying to arrange for Paqueta to be in London tomorrow for medical.
  • Paqueta's West Ham medical 'within 48 hours'
    Sky Sports News' Dharmesh Sheth on The Transfer Show:
    "This could be a huge coup for West Ham. A deal has been agreed between the clubs, I've not got a confirmation on the full fee but I'm lead to believe it's worth around €60m, which is around €43m as an initial payment, and €17m in add-ons.
    "West Ham went in with two bids which Lyon said no to, before Lyon went back and said they wanted to discuss a deal and had a proposal which they thought would work.
    "Once the final paperwork has been signed off, it's expected Paqueta will sign off the personal terms and it's hoped within 48 hours he will come to London for a West Ham medical."
  • OCS, Any news on their replacements? πŸ˜‰

Nope.

Moyes out.
  • I am not a watcher of football outside of the Premiership and Champions league later stages so I can't really have too much of a view whether we have done good business or not, no doubt time will tell. What is not in doubt however is that if this final deal for Paqueta goes through this window will have probably exceeded all of our expectations regard ambition and support for Moyes by the owners.

I have never been their biggest fan but credit where it's due as they have really had a go this window.
  • I've just read of a last minute potential hijack of Paqueta by Liverpool. Please rest assured everyone that if this happens I will go back to my 1980s mindset of hating Liverpool! There, I said it and mean it!

Just want that medical finished and for him to sign and not have any of that give your word and back out at last moment BS. No names mentioned!

I'm frightened by it because you know given the choice he'll go there like Nunez and Diaz did when it was known we were in for them
  • Liverpool could offer Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, 30, in exchange for Paris St-Germain and Argentina midfielder Leandro Paredes, 28. (Calciomercato - in Italian)
  • edited August 2022
    Lukerz said:

Love that - 'Done deal and confirmed.' The guy isn't even in the country yet.
  • Can we just make him sign before the medical! Its not like anything is going to be in it for us to fail him on it
  • IronHerb said:

Lukerz said:

Love that - 'Done deal and confirmed.' The guy isn't even in the country yet.
    Note the πŸ”œ.

ITK CYA right there.
  • He’s flying over this afternoon according to one of the more reliable French journalists on Twitter who broke the story.
  • If we get this over the line and maybe a loan, huge statement of intent to Rice
  • and when he leaves maybe we have Gallagher to take his place....
  • I think we should bring down all the telecommunications in this country.
  • Bazshuayi said:

and when he leaves maybe we have Gallagher to take his place....

I have been thinking that it feels a little like we’re spending the Rice money a year early. I’ve seen a Gallagher on a loan to buy mentioned, and I’ve wondered if that might be with a handshake for Rice next summer
  • I think we should bring down all the telecommunications in this country.

Support the CWU strike. 😁
  • Everton have signed Maupay

Great...
  • I hope everything is sorted today; I really don't want this hanging about waiting to be gazumped all over the weekend.

Was quite hopeful for a while yesterday, but I've got a bad feeling about this now especially as Liverpool have suddenly decided they want someone; there's also the possibility that City swoop in and let Bernardo Silva go.

Typically, it's his birthday today (Happy Birthday Lucas) which may affect plans for getting him over here for his medical today, but the longer it goes on the greater the worry that bigger clubs will see he's available and will make a play for him over the weekend.
  • IF the big six are just going to wait until we have done all the negotiating for them then steal in and sign our targets they may as well sack their own scouts etc & save themselves their wages. πŸ˜‰
  • Their plans can change; I'm sure Liverpool were reported as not looking for anyone only a few days ago, then suddenly it was reported yesterday that they are.
  • Their plans can change; I'm sure Liverpool were reported as not looking for anyone only a few days ago, then suddenly it was reported yesterday that they are.

Tbf klopp has come out and said he was wrong and they do need a new midfielder
  • Not on todays showing so far they don’t πŸ˜‚
  • Firmino has always been a great AM. πŸ™ƒ
  • According to SSN

Paqueta flying to UK for West Ham medical
    Lyon midfielder Lucas Paqueta will have his medical tomorrow ahead of his move to West Ham United.
    Paqueta is expected to fly into the UK tonight.
    The deal is worth Β£51m, with a Β£36.4m initial payment and Β£14.4m in add-ons.
  • edited August 2022
    Apparently he could be coming:

Someone on KUMB says a private plane left from just outside Lyon to Biggin Hill and has already landed 🀞🀞🀞
  • I'm amazed someone who lives near Biggin Hill and is a Hammers fan, hasn't reported him leaving Biggin Hill.
This discussion has been closed.