Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• My hope is that the other potential clubs baulk at the money being asked. I'd have only been worried by Liverpool as Arsenal showed an interest a while ago and Edu couldve given the go ahead before we got involved. Spurs seem to have a big enough squad already and they've already forked out too much for Richarlison. Liverpool dont really need an attacking midfielder (hopefully)
  • Yeold is our Man of Kent or Kentish Man isn't he?
  • Yeold would probably describe it as the “ the worst transportation of a footballer I’ve ever seen “.😂
  • The plane wasn't next level hahaha
  • Slacker said:

Yeold would probably describe it as the “ the worst transportation of a footballer I’ve ever seen “.😂

Shoulda sent Jason Statham.
  • Villa are planning a swoop for West Ham's Craig Dawson and will give the 32-year-old English centre-back a two-year deal. (Sun)

West Ham are in talks with former Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj about a return to the Premier League, with the 27-year-old Belgium international available on a free transfer after leaving Real Sociedad. (Talksport)

The Hammers are set to make a third bid for Club Bruges and Belgium midfielder Hans Vanaken, 30. (Mail)

• Ravel49 said:

Villa are planning a swoop for West Ham's Craig Dawson and will give the 32-year-old English centre-back a two-year deal. (Sun)

West Ham are in talks with former Manchester United winger Adnan Januzaj about a return to the Premier League, with the 27-year-old Belgium international available on a free transfer after leaving Real Sociedad. (Talksport)

The Hammers are set to make a third bid for Club Bruges and Belgium midfielder Hans Vanaken, 30. (Mail)

I would be mad and sad if Dawson left this summer.
  • edited August 2022
    Official site says Dawson is close to a return and could be in contention for this. Hope that’s the real story. I feel he has been solid, professional and consistent for us. As long as the recovery is good I still think he can make a big contribution.
  • It also seems unnecessary to get rid of a pro who is clearly well liked and respected in the dressing room. It’s not like he’s going to be a top earner either.
  • Zero point getting rid of him considering the CB crisis. Better to let him and Ogbonna go on frees next summer
  • edited August 2022
    Areola
    Johnson - Zouma - Aguerd - Emerson
    Soucek - Rice - Paqueta
    Bowen - Benrahma
    Antonio

Fabianski
    Dawson - Ogbonna - Cresswell
    Coufal - Downes - Kehrer - Fornals
    Lanzini
    Scamacca - Cornet

So we can put out 2 different sides in 2 different formations, if we sign Paqueta.
  • Looking at Paqueta’s stats on Whoscored, he seems to be capable of playing as a CM, but not sure whether in a two or three. Seems to have good defensive/tackling/passing contributions. Could play next to Rice?
  • Paqueta signing for initial £36.5m

There’s the Onana money
  • alderz said:

It also seems unnecessary to get rid of a pro who is clearly well liked and respected in the dressing room. It’s not like he’s going to be a top earner either.

Yes, but maybe he just wants to play.
  • That was my thinking Mrs G. I’d love him to finish his career with us but he might be looking at the incoming players and wondering if he gets a game.
    Who knows.
  • Doesn’t he also want to go back north to be nearer his family?
  • MrsGrey said:

alderz said:

It also seems unnecessary to get rid of a pro who is clearly well liked and respected in the dressing room. It’s not like he’s going to be a top earner either.

Yes, but maybe he just wants to play.
    Maybe. I think he will play a fair amount with us though.
  • Is this transfer ever going thro' or is it a Paqueta lies

Shoukd be an 8pm announcement, according to the New KUMB ITK.
  • I eer ees a gooda player, but ee gonna cost a Paqueta monee.
  • Paqueta in you lot
  • We will have a Paqueta Rice in midfield
  • Where is the Paqueta wotsits emoji?
  • We will have a Paqueta Rice in midfield

Uncle Ben's maybe?
  • Johnson on the right

Ben’s Paqueta Rice
  • Back to transfers. Do we think anyone will leave before the window closes? Still seeing rumours that we are bidding for Szalai & Vanaken.
  • Something's going on with Dawson imo so it's possible he's going to be let go, although I could only see it happening if we bring someone else in.

Shoukd be an 8pm announcement, according to the New KUMB ITK.
    This might have been a touch ambitious...
  • I've got lasagne 🇮🇹 to eat. Can't keep checking my phone, and we're an hour ahead 🙄
  • In this instance.. go to bed..

This discussion has been closed.