Transfer Window: The Final Two Weeks

Comments

• Stating the obvious... Aguerd, Kehrer, Scamacca, Cornet, Paqueta and Gallagher would be the cream of an amazing window!!

(not even knocking Downes, Emerson and Areola as theyre fine. The above are quality players!)
  • If we get paqueta would be a much need upgrade in creativity in the middle of the pitch, we already have decent options out wide with Bowen benrahma cornet I think it would enable us to play through the middle more. Gallagher on loan with option to buy would give us a soucek alternative , I will wait and see what happens but this is turning into a very good window looks like Newman and co are sorting things out .
  • Don’t go to bed
  • Ravel49 said:

Don’t go to bed

I won't, for at least the next 12, maybe 13 hours.
  • Shame for Benrahma though. He found his form as a 10 and then Lingard came in and derailed him. He’s just finding form as a 10 again and now Paqueta might do the same
  • How are we doing with FFP with all this spending ?
  • I don't think it is a shame for Benrahma. If any player wants to be in a good premiership side he is going to have to fight for and earn his place and that involves being in competition with top players. Many on here have being crying out for more signings, ones that will improve the squad. It was inevitable that would put pressure on the existing small squad. Hopefully he will relish the challenge and be up for it.
  • Hopefully he will relish the challenge and be up for it.

If he doesn't, he wouldn't meet the Moyes Test anyway!

Both will still be involved in plenty of games.
  • Fab Rom

West Ham and Olympique Lyon have now reached a verbal agreement for Lucas Paquetá, after new round of talks in the morning. Deal now at the final stages. 🚨⚒️🇧🇷 #WHUFC

Time to exchange documents and seal agreement already discussed on personal terms with Lucas Paquetá’s agents.
  • This deal feels a lot like it's come out of nowhere, and I, for one, like it.
  • Yes, let’s hope it doesn’t disappear into nowhere.
  • I didn't see this coming,I must admit
  • I hope everything is sorted today; I really don't want this hanging about waiting to be gazumped all over the weekend.
  • I’m predicting he will wear 1️⃣7️⃣ 😜
  • Ravel49 said:

I’m predicting he will wear 1️⃣7️⃣ 😜

27 for me
  • alderz said:

This deal feels a lot like it's come out of nowhere, and I, for one, like it.

Wasn't it mentioned a few weeks back with everyone just thinking it was pie in the sky?
  • Maybe? I just know that some signings are really exciting, but then take a month to announce and it feels like we've known for ages. This one feels like it's all happened very quickly
  • Ravel49 said:

I’m predicting he will wear 1️⃣7️⃣ 😜

27 for me
    In his career he has worn #7 (Brazil), #9 (Lyon), #10 (Lyon & Brazil), #11 (Flamengo & Brazil), #12 (Lyon), #16 (Flamengo), #17 (Brazil), #18 (Brazil), #29 (Flamengo) and #39 (Flemengo & AC Milan).

We have a #7 (Scamacca), #9 (Antonio), #10 (Lanzini), #11 (Vlasic), #12 (#Downes), #29 (Cardoso).

So, he could take #11 off Vlasic, or he could replace Mark Noble as #16, or go back to one of his old classics... I reckon he's #39.
  • Ald 🙌🏻
    Where did you get that info from?
  • Ravel49 said:

Ald 🙌🏻
    Where did you get that info from?

Transfermarkt has squad number histories

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/lucas-paqueta/rueckennummern/spieler/444523
  • Wonderful, thanking you
    I went on transfermarkt but didn’t notice that feature 👍🏻
  • Ravel49 said:

Wonderful, thanking you
    I went on transfermarkt but didn’t notice that feature 👍🏻

I tend to google “player x squad number Transfermarkt” and boom goes the dynamite
  • 🧨 💥 💥
  • Ravel49 said:

🧨 💥 💥

That's the dynamite going boom
  • Fab Rom

First part of documents exchanged between West Ham and Olympique Lyon for Paquetá deal. Also, contract will be sent to the player in the next hours. West Ham want to be fast. 🚨📑 #WHUFC

West Ham are also in contact with Adnan Januzaj - but he’s waiting for club decision.
  • I think the club are worried Willian style.. when Spurs expected to pick up upon arrival but Chelsea whisked him away
  • From DM himself

"We've really tried to be incredibly ambitious all the way through the transfer window. We feel we've got good players and we're trying to put it all together now to get it working and in the same direction.
    "We've brought in a lot of players - probably more than I wanted - but we've needed to move on and slightly break up what we had. We're trying to build another good team at the moment.
    "Will we sign any more? I'm not sure."
  • I see Newcastle signed isak for £60 mio he only scored 6 in 32 games last season seems overpriced
  • Yeah I’m not convinced

And he’s very inconsistent on FM too and that is how you properly judge a player!
  • David Moyes reported to have indicated that our business is now done!!!!! We are so far behind Nottingham Forest it can't be true.
This discussion has been closed.