The Transfer Window

Comments

• Have to laugh as no one saw this one coming .,Guess all the cossip sites need to up there game
  • Suspect this is what Newman has been doing
  • Newman: Give me that picture with the pass completion percentages
    West Ham Secretary: Yes sir
    Newman: I want that guy at the top of it
    DS: Ohhh he's cheap and a fan, lets go!
  • edited July 2022
    Maybe Moyes starts all the rumours about players we don't sign to divert attention from his actual transfer targets

• edited July 2022
    Sterling to Chelsea is good news at Tuchel might be more open to Broja leaving.

Foot Mercato claim that Fulham have upped their offer for Diop from £10m to £13m.
  • Maybe Moyes starts all the rumours about players we don't sign to divert attention from his actual transfer targets

We seem to have been linked with everyone so who's left?
  • Maybe Moyes starts all the rumours about players we don't sign to divert attention from his actual transfer targets

We seem to have been linked with everyone so who's left?
    Gudjohnsen.

And Inkoom.
  • We seem to have been linked with everyone so who's left?

Players like Downes who none of the ITKs or pundits linked with us until a couple of days ago. Ex claims Downes has already completed the first part of his medical with the rest scheduled today

I don't recall much talk about Bowen, Soucek or Coufal before they signed, Moyes seems to like to keep things quiet while others do the talking
  • Ex mentioned Downes in January apparently.
  • Newcastle stiffing around Callum Hudson-Odoi... I rate him and think he'd be excellent on our left side and he can play wing back too. Should we be all over that?
  • Lots of stuff this morning about Diop going to Fulham.
  • Hamstew said:

Lots of stuff this morning about Diop going to Fulham.

£17m, apparently. I think we paid £22m? So not too bad a price for a player that has never quite reached his potential.

Effectively Flynn Downes + £5m for our 5th choice CB. Feels like good business.
  • Anything north of £15m is very good business imo.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Newcastle stiffing around Callum Hudson-Odoi... I rate him and think he'd be excellent on our left side and he can play wing back too. Should we be all over that?

I definitely don't think he's a wingback - I know he's played there, but he's played there for Chelsea in a very attacking version of the role. I don't think he's got the defensive ability to play wingback for us. BUT, as a winger, he'd be a great signing.
  • £20m for Diop might be the best business we've ever done.
    Good luck to him though.
  • Bazshuayi said:

Newcastle stiffing around Callum Hudson-Odoi... I rate him and think he'd be excellent on our left side and he can play wing back too. Should we be all over that?

I realise being linked with a transfer target can produce feelings of euphoria and elation but that's ridiculous.
  • edited July 2022
    alderz said:

I definitely don't think he's a wingback - I know he's played there, but he's played there for Chelsea in a very attacking version of the role. I don't think he's got the defensive ability to play wingback for us. BUT, as a winger, he'd be a great signing.

Played LM/LWB and RM/RWB but only when Chelsea were playing 3-4-3

Probably not much of an improvement on Masuaku as a LB option

• Probably not much of an improvement on Masuaku as a LB option

Surely he must be. 😁
  • Think there was a case of too much too soon for Hudson-Odoi (and injuries)

Courted all summer when he was 18 by Bayern, and hot himself a HUGE contract (heard between £120k to £150k) after a pretty bad injury despite only being 18

Never quite got a consistent run at Chelsea, partially to form but more to injury setbacks

Mad he's only 21, he's talented but he's also going to be v. Expensive

• Despite mentioning the wing back thing, I only did so from a potential versatility thing. I think as a left sided attacker he'd create a lot of chances. He may be expensive but that contract may also mean Chelsea wouldnt mind getting rid for a reasonable fee. He's got competition from Pulisic and Werner and if Sterling goes there he can play on the left side too.
  • edited July 2022
    At the moment we have Fornals, Benrahma and Vlasic who can all play on the left

And I suspect all three will still be here after the transfer window closes
  • I think Downes could be a shrewd signing hopefully another Bowen type success . With Aguerd and Areola signings and Warburton replacing Pearce the transfer window is beginning to look healthier. Hopefully we can get Broja and Lingard then sign a decent left back throw in a few frees and its job done . If Carlsberg did transfer windows.... :-)
  • .... we'd be drinking for 2 months solid. 🤪
  • That's a very upbeat post PLF.
  • I think Downes could be a shrewd signing hopefully another Bowen type success . With Aguerd and Areola signings and Warburton replacing Pearce the transfer window is beginning to look healthier. Hopefully we can get Broja and Lingard then sign a decent left back throw in a few frees and its job done . If Carlsberg did transfer windows.... :-)

• Sky reporting that the Flynn Downes medical is complete and the paperwork is being finalised. Announcement soon...
  • Fire up the spreadsheet, alderz.
  • So, without any last minute drama, we'd have 3 permanent signings before the first pre-season game

Not too shabby
  • What is Newman doing?
  • Lukerz said:

What is Newman doing?

His job?
This discussion has been closed.