The Transfer Window

Comments

• Rob Newman, the most proactive scout since Baden-Powell
  • I thought Newman job was to scout players and give a list of options to Moyes who then decides who we go for then Newman negotiates any deal
  • edited July 2022
    OCS, you know what they say about even the best laid plans...

• HOLD THE FRONT PAGE!!!!!!
    According to that stalwart of the British media The Daily Mail, we’re in for Jesse Lingard!
    Who knew eh?
  • Is he a LB?
  • IronHerb said:

Is he a LB?

rush goalie
  • https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12646032/katerina-svitkova-chelsea-sign-attacking-midfielder-from-west-ham

So another one of our better players has left the Women's team. Much like the Men's team they better have some really good replacements lined up. :p
  • Pochitino has been sacked by PSG, can he play left back?
  • Someone has already updated Poch's Wikipedia page. Harsh...
  • Pochitino has been sacked by PSG, can he play left back?

i think there is a great manager in North London they should poach
  • edited July 2022
    PSG appoint Christophe Galtier 8 days after he quit Nice and two hours after sacking Poch

You have to admire their efficiency,,,
  • Duplicity, you say?
  • Duplicity, you say?
  • Is there an echo in here?
  • What are everyone’s thoughts about possibly selling Soucek?

IMO, it seems a bit short sighted (not giving him a new contract). We’ve already lost Noble and Kral, so we need to replace them. Given Rice may go next year, we will need somebody like Soucek. He wasn’t as good last season, but this was partly due to him playing a different role.With all the money seemingly being thrown about, a new contract for Soucek may be a good investment.
    Good defensive midfielders don’t grow on trees, apparently.

IMO, it seems a bit short sighted (not giving him a new contract). We’ve already lost Noble and Kral, so we need to replace them. Given Rice may go next year, we will need somebody like Soucek. He wasn’t as good last season, but this was partly due to him playing a different role.With all the money seemingly being thrown about, a new contract for Soucek may be a good investment.
    Good defensive midfielders don’t grow on trees, apparently.

As an individual deal I'm OK with it

But with us so light at CM it doesn't make sense

Think he's not worth £40mil, so if we get that it's a good deal for us....but redundant if wr have no one to replace him with
  • Some completely unsubstantiated rumours on KUMB that we're close to completing deals for Lingard, Scamacca (Italian striker) and Ibrahim Sangare (Ivorian DM).

Zero verification from any of the celebrated ITKs, but two separate posters have apparently heard the same rumour.

Let's see where this one goes...

Would be really stupid imo. We already need a player to provide decent cover for him and Rice (by decent I mean at least more or less on a par with Soucek) as the two of them were run ragged last season and we got very lucky on the injuries and suspension front with them, so if we sell Soucek we need to find two such players, and get them bedded in by early August as Rice can't play in the Europa Conference Leaque qualifiers.

As OCS says we've recently been (allegedly) linked with Sangare who had very good stats for PSV last season, the other one we've been linked with is Onana at Lille, but I think it's unlikely we'd bring in 2 untried (in the Premier League) players in at the same time just to let Soucek go.

• Selling Soucek would be ridiculous... Unless he wants to leave
  • Shouldn't be sold unless someone comes in with a knockout bid. Rice goes next year and to replace him will be nigh on impossible but to replace both would be suicide.
  • Anyone who seriously believes that Moyes would consider selling Soucek has paid no attention to how Moyes had operated over the last two and a half seasons

The internet is full of people trying to gather "clicks" with any nonsense they can get.

I've not seen a single mention of Soucek linked with a move anywhere
  • Some completely unsubstantiated rumours on KUMB that we're close to completing deals for Lingard, Scamacca (Italian striker) and Ibrahim Sangare (Ivorian DM).

Zero verification from any of the celebrated ITKs, but two separate posters have apparently heard the same rumour.

Now you've posted on here, several dozen more have heard the same rumour :-)
  • MrsGrey said:

Some completely unsubstantiated rumours on KUMB that we're close to completing deals for Lingard, Scamacca (Italian striker) and Ibrahim Sangare (Ivorian DM).

And so it goes until it becomes accepted as fact.

Then when it doesn't happen we can beat up Sullivan and Moyes.

And the Transfer Window circle is complete.
  • IF Soucek were to leave it's a fair bet his new team would play him in a position that allows him to contribute like he did for us in the 20/21 season. Players leaving would need to be replaced which we don't appear to be very good at doing.
  • MrsGrey said:

Some completely unsubstantiated rumours on KUMB that we're close to completing deals for Lingard, Scamacca (Italian striker) and Ibrahim Sangare (Ivorian DM).

And so it goes until it becomes accepted as fact.

Then when it doesn't happen we can beat up Sullivan and Moyes.

And the Transfer Window circle is complete.
    This👆very,very, very much this.

• I have heard we are in for Per Mertesaker from reliable sources, which I obviously can’t reveal at present. Don’t go to bed!
  • 'saker the board!!
  • I seriously hope we are not missing out on potential targets because Moyes is harbouring all hope for Lingard to join.
  • OCS, But does Lingard prefer West Ham or is it a case of no one giving him what he wants so he reluctantly agrees to join us at the last minute?

Thing is with Lingard, he knows that his next move is likely to be his last so he has a few things to consider; does he want trophies? Is game-time more important? Does he want to experience another league?

We will tick one of those boxes, but may not be the best offer on the table overall.

I suspect he's had a number of offers for quite some time, so with his contract due to expire today, I would like to think he's close to making a decision.
    Been nearly a week since I posted this and I've learnt that the maximum I'm prepared to wait is less than a week.

Lingard hasn't played much football at all in 2022 so you would think he would need (want) a full pre-season to get himself fully fit. By continuing to prevaricate over his next move he's cutting short his own pre-season and just gives an impression, to me at least, of indifference towards his career.

Latest rumour is he's heading to the US to speak to clubs about a move to the MLS (he was over there earlier in the summer so I'm not sure I believe he wouldn't have had those conversations when he was out there). I appreciate that he will want to make sure the next move is the right one, but it's not as if being without a club has suddenly been thrust upon him; both he and his suitors would have known six months ago that a move away from Old Trafford was happening.
  • West Ham extend Fabianski contract
    West Ham have extended the contract of Lukasz Fabianski until the summer of 2023, with an option to extend for a further year.
    The goalkeeper is set to stay in east London for a fifth season.
    Fabianski has made 138 appearances since arriving at London Stadium in 2018.
    “I’m obviously pleased and very happy that I can stay for one more year, so I’m excited about it, for sure,” said Fabianski. “The way the club has developed and started to reach its potential, it’s been really nice to be part of it.
    “I can see how much attention this club draws when it comes to interacting with the fans or the way it’s being presented in the media.
    “I think there's a lot of interest into the club, so it feels like this club is one of the bigger ones in the country, so I'm just honoured and proud to be part of this club for a few years now.”
This discussion has been closed.