The Transfer Window

Comments

• Transfer window opens Friday, and West Ham are to make a major announcement tomorrow
    …then I read that the new kit is launched. I think the announcement may leave me underwhelmed. 😜⚒
  • The club account posted a teaser on Instagram, and honestly if it is just a kit announcement I think there will be a lot of angry boys being cross online.

I’ve seen a rumour that the announcement could be Areola and/or Aguerd as part of the new kit announcement
  • edited June 2022
    Or Suze coming back wearing a size Medium 😜
  • Ex seems to think it's just the kit launch. Bit of an odd tease for something as minor as a new kit imo.
  • I understood that until we got involved in all the discussions about bonuses it was going to be the announcement of Aguerd signing as he has reported to have already been photographed in our new kit.
  • I understood that until we got involved in all the discussions about bonuses it was going to be the announcement of Aguerd signing as he has reported to have already been photographed in our new kit.

No doubt sulli trying to save a couple of quid
  • Liverpool want £17m for Minamino, and tbh I think he would be a great signing for us
  • Its relatively cheap but he didnt exactly set the world on fire at Southampton. So I am on the fence
  • IF we were really trying to buy Nunez in January we should have paid the extra money needed as it now appears one of our “rivals” are paying a lot more to sign him. 😉
  • will wait and see what happens, its the hope that kills me
  • Various sources reporting that we are open to offers for Benrahma and are stepping up efforts to bring in Lingard

Is Benrahma the new Felipe Anderson?
  • I think I rate Benrahma more highly than most do on here

Think he's unlucky in that a lot of people worry more about losing the ball and playing it safe than actually being dangerous and a goalscoring threat

Think he's the only proper winger we have other than Bowen, and yes he can be incredibly frustrating but when Bowen is having an off day he makes things happen....even if he does lose it

Think he's definitely sellable, he's an asset and one that will attract buyers so for the right price we should obviously consider offers

But he has 8G+6A in 26(6sub) games in the league and and extra 3G in the Europa...his G/A are only bettered by Bowen and Antonio, his contributions in the league alone was actually better than Bowen last year 8G+5A in 30(8sub) games

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if we have wingers their primary goal is to create and he's the 2nd most dangerous guy we have after Bowen

Also I don't think his defensive contributions are bad, he's definitely not a lazy player, even if he does come up short against Fornals in that department

If we can get £25mil-30mil for him I'd say that's fair, but if we are actively trying to sell him on the cheap (say £15mil) I'd be very disappointed
  • Champo:
    "Maybe I'm old fashioned, but if we have wingers their primary goal is to create and he's the 2nd most dangerous guy we have after Bowen
    Also I don't think his defensive contributions are bad, he's definitely not a lazy player"

This.

I personally would be very sad to see him go.
  • I really like Benrahma, and I don’t want him to leave. However, last season there were lots of games where he didn’t try to make things happen. He would often turn back and lay it off to Cresswell or Johnson and just take the easy option. I would be much happier with him trying to take on a fullback consistently and lose it half the time, because he’s absolutely capable of it.
  • edited June 2022
    His stats last season were misleading.

8 league goals (2 in the first 2 games, 2 against Norwich at the end of the season, he scored one v Watford). 3 of his goals came in the first 5 league games & then 2 in one game v Norwich in May). Leaves 3 league goals between October & April.

I was in the Benrahma camp after his first season but he hasn’t pushed on in performance levels this season as I was expecting. 9 league goals in 2 years, in arguably the most successful WHU side of recent times?
  • Benrahma makes the wrong choice too often imo he loses the ball by trying a trick in our own half or trying to beat someone on the edge of our own box , he is the most frustrating player to watch he has the skill but too often takes to wrong option . I would like to see him get another season to see if he can improve but I can see why we would sell him or Vlasic as we have a lot of similar players in that position
  • Lukerz said:

8 league goals (2 in the first 2 games, 2 against Norwich at the end of the season, he scored one v Watford). 3 of his goals came in the first 5 league games & then 2 in one game v Norwich in May). Leaves 3 league goals between October & April.

I was in the Benrahma camp after his first season but he hasn’t pushed on in performance levels this season as I was expecting. 9 league goals in 2 years, in arguably the most successful WHU side of recent times?

Goals are goals, whatever way you spin it

His contributions are still the best behind the two I mentioned who are considered key players (and who played a lot more minutea)

You can always pick holes, Fornals only got 6G+3A in the league last year from 32 games, 2G+1A (so a third of his total contributions) were from our first 3 games....

You want to go over two seasons for the three guys who play behind Antonio
    Benny - 9G+12A, 3580 mins, 170m p/GA
    Fornals - 11G+7A, 5400 mins, 300m p/GA
    Bowen - 20G+15A, 5600 mins, 160m p/GA

Add that to the goals and assists he got for Brentford across two season(27G+ 23A), its not an outlier, he is a threat

As I said, if we can get £30mil for him I can see the club taking it, but we should be trying to push him out, he has a lot to offer and imo should be playing more
  • If Benrahma exit rumours are true then I'm surprised he was picked as a poster boy for the new shirt.
  • Well its obvious isnt it! I picked Benanarahma as my fantasy name so he's on his way... Just like wearnautovicyet

#weep
  • Bazshuayi said:

Well its obvious isnt it! I picked Benanarahma as my fantasy name so he's on his way... Just like wearnautovicyet

#weep

Please submit your next team name for prior approval here.
  • MrsGrey said:

Bazshuayi said:

Well its obvious isnt it! I picked Benanarahma as my fantasy name so he's on his way... Just like wearnautovicyet

#weep

Please submit your next team name for prior approval here.
    So we can steal it
  • edited June 2022

Lukerz said:

Goals are goals, whatever way you spin it

His contributions are still the best behind the two I mentioned who are considered key players (and who played a lot more minutea)

You can always pick holes, Fornals only got 6G+3A in the league last year from 32 games, 2G+1A (so a third of his total contributions) were from our first 3 games....

You want to go over two seasons for the three guys who play behind Antonio
    Benny - 9G+12A, 3580 mins, 170m p/GA
    Fornals - 11G+7A, 5400 mins, 300m p/GA
    Bowen - 20G+15A, 5600 mins, 160m p/GA

Add that to the goals and assists he got for Brentford across two season(27G+ 23A), its not an outlier, he is a threat

As I said, if we can get £30mil for him I can see the club taking it, but we should be trying to push him out, he has a lot to offer and imo should be playing more
    My point is that whilst his stats appear ok, they are slightly misleading & when you partner that with his incredibly inconsistent all round performances, his 8 league goals are not enough to make up for it IMO. Fornals is a central midfielder who plays wide, his overall performance levels are more influential & consistent than Benrahma’s. He doesn’t suit how Moyes wants to do stuff, he’s careless in possession, poor with his decision making & some of his actual end product (wasteful crossing, wide shooting) is poor.
  • Do I want us to sell Benrahma IF there is a better replacement well then maybe but how much could we lose on the deal? What I do find concerning is one of the reports I have read is saying we are looking to let him go to raise funds for incoming transfers!!! This is a very disappointing situation If proved to be correct. We already need several players to cover for those who have left and then some more to bolster the very thin squad from last season. One in one out isn't going to help us achieve that is it?
  • I think the Benrahma thing is possibly more about a less-than-great relationship between Moyes and Benrahma. Moyes has singled him out for criticism more than once, and there was definitely no love lost between them when Behrahma was hooked against Newcastle. We can ill afford to lose players that feature regularly given the number we already need to bring in, but obviously if neither the player nor manager is happy then it may be best all round for him to be sold.
  • Personally don't think he's good enough, he's decent, but for me that's not enough.
    Doesn't seem to read the game at all well IMO, BUT would love him to prove me wrong, of course for us.
  • Benrahma can beat his man but then his left foot is not good enough to deliver outswinging crosses so he tends to turn back and lay it off or attempt an inswinging cross/shot.
  • Sun says Rangers want our U23 LB Emmanuel Longelo as a replacement for Calvin Bassey who is off to Villa.

Bournemouth, Hibs and a certain club from Bermondsey also interested in Longelo
  • edited June 2022
    Lingard talks continue (apparently) & Rashford linked today for £45m

What a team we’ll have next season!

Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell
    Rice - Zinchenko
    Bowen - Lingard - Rashford
    Antonio
  • edited June 2022
    Areola
    Coufal - Zouma - Aguerd - Cresswell Upgrade
    Rice - Zinchenko
    Bowen - Lingard - Rashford
    Antonio Upgrade

Lukerz, This is where I believe your team can be improved on. I am also not too sure we will get the two Manchester based pair excluding Lingard. Would we need a proper CDM enforcer for that to operate successfully?
  • There is an argument to say Johnson could replace Cresswell as LB. Pretty sure he plays better at LB than he does RB anyway.
This discussion has been closed.