The Transfer Window

Comments

• Owl impressions Mrs G? Really?
  • No, that's tweet twoo. Come on thorn.
  • She's no Roger Whittaker hahaha
  • Where have all these Soucek rumours come from? He should very firmly be in the same camp as Rice & Bowen in terms of selling.
  • Sounds like an agent putting stories out to me
  • Hate that kind of ' journalism'.
  • MrsGrey said:

Hate that kind of ' journalism'.

The website is called “football insider”. It’s just a person writing Per Mertesacker rumours on a website.
  • #WelcomeSturridge 😜
  • You know it'll be Dean or Simon though. Still currently deciding if this is actually better
  • Burnley 's Mee is out of contract. A cheap left- sided centre back to fill a gap while Alese develops into a star? Ticks boxes for Sully (cheap) and Moyes (left, leader)
  • edited June 2022
    Could we be looking at something like this next season?

Areola
    Zouma - Ogbonna - Aguerd
    Coufal - Soucek - Rice (c) - Masuaku
    Bowen - Antonio - LW

Fabianski, Dawson, Johnson, Cresswell, CM, Lanzini, Fornals, Benrahma, ST
  • I hope not, having masuaku in there instead of Pablo
  • I would like to see this as our starting line up next season -

GK - Areola?
    Coufal, Zouma, LCB - Aguerd?, LB
    CDM
    Soucek, Rice, Fornals,
    CF, Bowen

Subs - Fabianski, Johnson, Dawson, Cresswell, Mid, Lanzini, Benrahma, Antonio,ST

I hope there is a lot of work going on in the background to make this happen. Lots of rumours, I know, clubs we should be competing with are due to spend money on new recruits but it is fairly quiet in our part of London. The story about David Moyes not wanting to spend big on a new striker must be a smokescreen surely?
  • Why is that WHU transfers are so protracted? We have weeks of speculation, haggling and often don't get our prime targets. Other Clubs seem to go about the businesses more quietly and more often than not get their targets. I was hoping that all this nail-biting and disappointment era would be over under Moyes but the residues of earlier era linger on.
  • edited June 2022
    Slight amendment to my line up it that Vlasic could sit behind the front two & then we could play a 4-1-2-1-2 but I know that isn't going to happen as David Moyes has his favourites and doesn't want to play players in their best positions.
  • New left back is a must Cresswell has cost us in big moments and has no competition. Need a young new recruit.
  • I don't see a radical formation change

We've had Cresswell and Masuaku and we haven't used a back 5 at all, can't see that changing

Also Moyes likes his wide men, I doubt we'd go to a narrow formation

• David Moyes has his favourites and doesn't want to play players in their best positions.

Considering what we’ve achieved the last two seasons, I would like more players out of their best positions
  • alderz, Yes I would agree if it enabled us to finish in the top 4 or won us a 🏆. For Vlasic read Haller! IF we got a CDM it would allow SouRice the license to bomb forward a bit more and we really do need a new LB & ST 🤞for the first XI.
  • alderz, Yes I would agree if it enabled us to finish in the top 4 or won us a 🏆.

We don’t have any right to expect that right now. Any hopes we have are ones he built up through the performances he’s led us through.
  • edited June 2022
    Pengeman said:

Why is that WHU transfers are so protracted? We have weeks of speculation, haggling and often don't get our prime targets. Other Clubs seem to go about the businesses more quietly and more often than not get their targets. I was hoping that all this nail-biting and disappointment era would be over under Moyes but the residues of earlier era linger on.

Only see seven transfers completed in the Prem as far as I can see and one of those was making a loan into a permanent and another signing an out of contract player.
  • edited June 2022
    IronHerb said:

Pengeman said:

Why is that WHU transfers are so protracted? We have weeks of speculation, haggling and often don't get our prime targets. Other Clubs seem to go about the businesses more quietly and more often than not get their targets. I was hoping that all this nail-biting and disappointment era would be over under Moyes but the residues of earlier era linger on.

Only see seven transfers completed in the Prem as far as I can see and one of those was making a loan into a permanent and another signing an out of contract player.

#notonlyus

Sorry for the rather large thumbs up, but you know what I mean ;)
  • We were linked with Josh Brownhill a while ago,

Burnley 's Mee is out of contract. A cheap left- sided centre back to fill a gap while Alese develops into a star? Ticks boxes for Sully (cheap) and Moyes (left, leader)

Mee is 32, has been out with a hairline fracture to his shin since March and is currently Bunley's co-manager

Player-manager next season?
  • ExWHU transfer update, he says we are going to me step up our striker hunt

Says that we aren't going to be signing a mega signing due to our budget

He lists Broja (Chelsea), Dennis (Watford) and Bayo (clermont)

Like the sound of Bayo, was top goalscorer in Ligue 2 last year with 22 goals and the followed up with 14 this year in Ligue 1 putting him 8th on the charts

Only 23, seems raw but has attributes that compare nicely to Antoni in that he's got pace and power

Seems like it could potentially be a low risk type signing as he's apparently available for around €10mil

Also Aguerd details still being worked on, seems like its a done deal we are just waiting untill after the internationals to make sure he doesn't suffer some sort of season ending injury

• I thought we had a pretty big budget? I believe we have all been here before. Lets hope I am proved wrong.
  • I thought we had a pretty big budget? I believe we have all been here before. Lets hope I am proved wrong.

Having a pretty big budget doesn’t necessarily mean you can spend big on 5/6 signings (maybe even more?). The rumours are that Watkins and Calvert-Lewin are valued at well over £50m. Let’s say our budget is £100m, do we really want to spend more than half on one of them with the amount of spaces we need to fill in the squad?
  • edited June 2022
    Aguerd seems to be done. Medical completed & pictures taken in new kit. He’s now on international duty but I’d imagine that as soon as the final details of the deal are agreed he’ll be announced. Looks like a LB option too.

Well apparantly Aguerd is going to cost £25mil and Areola £9mil

So we're ready spending £34mil with no outgoings (sales not freebies)

That plus we still need a LB, CF and CM...to get a genuinely good player in those three positions will cost £75mil or more

Buying say Watkins for £50mil would have us spending £85mil with us still needing a LB and 2 CM's

We arent spending net more than £75mil,we don't have that kind of money
  • Having looked at Aguerd on YouTube, he looks a like he plays a bit like Rice, in the way he tackles.
This discussion has been closed.