The Transfer Window

Comments

• Lukerz said:

Aguerd seems to be done. Medical completed & pictures taken in new kit. He’s now on international duty but I’d imagine that as soon as the final details of the deal are agreed he’ll be announced. Looks like a LB option too.

I would be very surprised if he’s a left back option. He’s never really played there. He’s about as much of a left back as Winston Reid was a right back
  • I read rumours of £150 million? We don't have to pay a relatively massive fee for a ST, especially if David Moyes is only planning to use them as a back up to Antonio which is an error IMHO. Paying an inflated transfer fee to another EPL team doesn't make much sense when we could have had the likes of Hlozek for £19m if the budget isn't as healthy as was indicated. It is shame that we now have a situation where we need to find several new players of which at least three should be going straight into the starting 11. IF we are unable to pay large fees for players then Rob Newman is really going to have to earn his money in finding several bargains from around Europe. Roll on June 10 when the action will really start and I can complain about the players who are signing elsewhere. =)
  • Roll on June 10 when the action will really start and I can complain about the players who are signing elsewhere. =)

Start now, avoid the rush =) =)
  • Never mind who’s not signing. The soucek rumours really bother me. If he goes, that would be a huge step backwards, imo.
  • Watkins and Calvert-Lewis aren't going anywhere. Aston Villa are ambitious and Everton will be aiming for a top half finish next season.
  • I wouldn't want Calvert- Lewis, he had a good half a season under Ancelotti and the rest of the time he's been pretty average.
  • Whatever our budget actually is, after not spending anything last window, I'd have thought a new billionaire shareholder would have increased it a fair bit...

Broja and Dennis money for the strikers slots and X amount of players and money in other positions, for an ambitious side thats finished high in the league the last 2 seasons isn't excessive to aim for. I am going to include Jesse in that too alongside 2 MFs and a LB
  • edited June 2022
    If we’re to believe last January, we made £50m offers for two Leeds players (Moyes confirmed both). That’s either £100m available or we wanted one of them. Moyes then went on record & said he’ll carry the money over until the summer. We spent £60m last summer on Zouma & Vlasic. That then leaves around £110m for this summer as a minimum. This is based on very rough figures & I doubt the fees were offered to be paid all at once. But we also have an extra investor now, some additional money from the Europa League run & another top 7 finish.

We don’t often spend very big in a summer window, historically. £60m last summer. £20m the summer before (although Benrahma was signed permanently in the January window for around £25m, so we could call that a season spend of £45m). We spent £80m in the summer of 2019/20, plus spent £25m on Bowen & Randolph in the January 2020 window (season spend £105m).

So we can normally expect anything between £50m-£100m for a season spend over two windows. Should we expect a bit more this time given the other factors? Can we add a bit more on top based on the failed ‘£50m’ offers in January - presumably was included in last seasons budget & is now spare cash?
  • Don't forget inflation at 9%.
    That is another £10million
  • And we have more prize money than ever this year so add a fiver onto the budget
  • Have we signed anyone yet .No okay stand down =)
  • Chill man ✌🏿
    Transfers Inkooming

• Ward-Prowse is a decent shout as a player as he is very similar to Noble. In fact, if you watch him, you’d think it was him. Better free-kick on him, though.
  • We have a SCOUT at the Denmark v Austria game - the Rob Newman effect?
  • Lukerz said:

We have a SCOUT at the Denmark v Austria game - the Rob Newman effect?

Agent Arnautovic
  • Perhaps he fancies a jaunt abroad. I'm quite happy to scout the Maldives next home match!
  • What’s everyone’s thoughts on Lingard? According to reports Moyes has been enquiring. I personally don’t want him especially if he comes in as one of our best paid players. In my view he had his chance with us and blew it.
  • edited June 2022
    Lukerz said:

Ward-Prowse is a decent shout as a player as he is very similar to Noble. In fact, if you watch him, you’d think it was him. Better free-kick on him, though.

Ward-Prowse is very much like Noble, joined Saints as a kid, played there ever since and is now captain, Signed a 5 year £100pw contract last year

Talksport reckon City and Utd both after him, £75m price tag

He won't be posing with a Claret and Blue shirt any time soon
    MIAHammer said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Lingard? According to reports Moyes has been enquiring. I personally don’t want him especially if he comes in as one of our best paid players. In my view he had his chance with us and blew it.

I thought Lingard did rather well when he was here and I'd be much happier to sign him on a free this summer than to pay Man Utd a transfer fee last summer
  • No to Lingard, had his chances to come didn't want to.

Cornet and Dennis for me.
  • I’d take Lingard in a heartbeat.
    He went back to his boyhood club because he was promised game time, who wouldn’t?
    That’s now history, regarding signing on fees and wages that’s down to the club to negotiate.
  • I'd take Lingard as long as he isnt going to break our wage structure and disrupt the team chemistry which is a major contributer to our current upturn in form

If he comes, I don't think he'd ever replicate the form he showed with us in 2021....but I still think if he doesn't reach that level he probably still goes ahead of everyone except Bowen (abd maybe Fornals) for the wing position pecking order
  • Lingard for me is a no brainier IMO… He’s class and better than some we have in the squad, so a big YES 👍🏻⚒️
  • Lingard didn't seem to "disrupt the team chemistry" when he was here on loan and all reports I've read suggest he settled into the team well so I don't think there is any reason to imagine he'd be any different if he came here on a permanent basis

I think the other players would understand why he'd be on a big wage packet.
  • One day i want Lingard .And the next i dont ,Thats just the way i roll =)
  • steve said:

One day i want Lingard .And the next i dont ,Thats just the way i roll =)

Lie still and the decisions get easier.
  • edited June 2022
    Lingard could have been our attacking midfielder at the World Cup, instead Bowen could be going. He is chasing the biggest club or pay day available, which most of us would, but he has missed his chance IMO. His high wages/signing on bonus could really disrupt our dressing room. May have possibly had his purple patch when he was last here.
    Stay well clear!
  • edited June 2022
    Any signing comes with risks attached but with Lingard many of those risks are set aside due to his previous spell. We know he can play in the way Moyes wants to play, we know he gets on with the management and squad, and on his part he knows he enjoys himself at West Ham.

His financial package must be viewed within the recognition that no transfer fee will be paid and I am sure the rest of the squad will be able to deal with that.
  • What is his signing on bonus ScotHammer? I'm not sure anyone knows.

Is he better than we have? Yes imo so I'd take him.
  • Jesse's class will def help and he'll be a young for his age player as he's spent half his career pulling splinters out of his shorts
  • edited June 2022
    Tuttosport reckon that Pogba's possible move to Juventus would make 23yo USA CM/DM Weston McKennie surplus to requirements (£25-30m) with us and Spurs allegedly interested
This discussion has been closed.