The Transfer Window

Comments

• Diop and Masuaku can go, providing Ogbonna renews

Think that, unless we can recoup £20mil or more for either Vlasic or Bennie they should stay

Gk: Arreola, Fab, Randolph
    FB: Coufal, Cresswell, Johnson, New LB
    CB: Zouma, Aguerd, Dawson, Diop/Oggy
    CM: Rice, Soucek, Lanzini, New CM
    AM: Bowen, Fornals, Bennie, Vlasic, New AM
    CF: Antonio, New CF

Aguerd and arreola would be a great start two very good additions who go into the first XI

New LB, CM and CF still on the agenda....and I hope that for all 3 positions we target someone who comes in directly as a starter

Think a new attacking mid/winger would also be good to have, someone on the left that can do what Bowen does on the right
  • edited May 2022
    alderz said:

With Aguerd likely coming in, I'd be happy with Diop leaving. I wouldn't be happy with any of the others leaving right now.

You'd be happy if Masuaku wasn't upgraded on?

• edited May 2022
    But what does Aguerd do do do?

#Push pineapple shake the tree

Thats for me omitting to see the cornetto before I posted it :)
  • alderz said:

With Aguerd likely coming in, I'd be happy with Diop leaving. I wouldn't be happy with any of the others leaving right now.

You'd be happy if Masuaku wasn't upgraded on?

That’s not what I said. I wouldn’t be happy with Masuaku leaving right now, because we have Cresswell and nothing else at left back. I wouldn’t be happy with Diop leaving, but it seems we already have a replacement.

I definitely don’t think all of the players Luke mentioned should be replaced this summer, because of the reasons I said.
  • edited May 2022
    I agree that having too many coming in is far from ideal, but Masuaku surely has nothing left to offer; he looked a liability whenever he played this season.

I doubt Benrahma will go, despite not seeming to be one that Moyes is overly keen on, although Vlasic showed little in his few opportunities; if a big enough offer came in it wouldn't be dreadful to move him on, but with as many as we already need to come in I suspect he'll be given a full pre-season and maybe will be given another season.
  • We need a new LB although Aguerd can play LFB I believe if needs be. If Diop goes & Ogbonna leaves does that mean another CH? CDM, CAM plus two strikers, one of whom needs to be a proper CF whilst the other one could be someone who is able to play across the frontline. Not extensive but it would be great if we invested in some real money in quality additions in one or two of those purchases.
  • We need a new LB although Aguerd can play LFB I believe if needs be.

According to Transfermarkt he's played at left back 6 times, and 4 of those times were before he'd left the Moroccan league.
  • I would definitely keep Benni. He has not realised his potential with us quite just yet but he is a good player and brings creativity which can be very difficult to find. I think he needs work on his final ball/decision making and find some consistency, but he is definitely a highly talented player.

Diop and Masuaku can leave in my view, whilst Vlasic I am happy to let leave if we are not going to play him in a more central position, although I do believe he hasmore to give than we have seen so far.
  • Benrahma should stay. He has so much potential
  • edited May 2022
    Personally, I feel Benrahma is a player where the stats make him look better than he actually is. His goals/assists this season actually look quite promising but I actually feel his all round performance levels are down on the 2020/21 season. I am happy for him to stay but wouldn’t be shocked to see him move on. There are so many moments in games where he just isn’t quite good enough (possession, decision-making, pass, execution). Considering where we want to be (pushing the top four potentially), I am not sure he’s a part of that.
  • Benrahma should stay. He has so much potential

Just a shame that he doesn't realise that potential.
  • Zinchenko & Ake told they can leave Man City.
  • Lukerz said:

Zinchenko & Ake told they can leave Man City.

Zinchenko …….. yes please!

Feel sorry for Vlasic. If Moyes doesn’t play him in the correct position he’s never likely to be impressive. He’ll probably go to get more playing time, but just hope signings this summer are bought to play in their best position(s), ideally.
  • Lukerz said:

Zinchenko & Ake told they can leave Man City.

Zinchenko No, Ake yes

Think Zinchenko gets exposed as a LB when he's at a team that can't control games like City do.....

Ake I think is a top defender, but he is a CB not a LB
  • I think Zinchenko would be an incredible signing for us, but I don’t think it’s likely. I reckon he’ll end up with a Champions League side somewhere.
  • edited June 2022
    Not sure about Zinchenko, always seems the weakest link to me when playing for City, then again we’re no Man City.
    Ake IMO an improvement on Diop
  • Both please.
  • Think that , if true, signals the end of Diop

What could've been, looked perfect for the Prem but didn't develop fully, never quite had the game intelligence for the CB role despite having all the physical tools

Think £10m-£12m is about what we could hope for
  • There are some reports that we might either hang onto Diop as there are concerns about Oggy's fitness or we will let him go if a decent offer is submitted which will probably result in a cheaper CH being sourced as cover. Of course if Ogbonna recovers fully then it's back to Plan A.
  • Where is the tumbleweed symbol when you want it?
  • Twitter reports claims Soucek has been offered to Spurs after tensions between manager & player.
  • Absolute nonsense
  • alderz said:

Absolute nonsense

Absolutely, I thought that Levy had once made it public that he would NEVER deal with us
  • There are some reports that we might either hang onto Diop as there are concerns about Oggy's fitness or we will let him go if a decent offer is submitted which will probably result in a cheaper CH being sourced as cover. Of course if Ogbonna recovers fully then it's back to Plan A.

Hmmmm ….. We might let him go or hang on to him.
    I think that covers all choices =)
  • Sonny Pekrins apparently going to run his contract down as we can't agree terms

Obviously youth often don't turn out....but it is worrying how we've let it get to this position...hes been amazing for the U23 this season and has been highly rated in the academy

Really disappointed in this situation
  • Sonny Pekrins apparently going to run his contract down as we can't agree terms

Obviously youth often don't turn out....but it is worrying how we've let it get to this position...hes been amazing for the U23 this season and has been highly rated in the academy

Really disappointed in this situation

If we can’t agree terms I can only assume he’s got unreasonable demands. We’ve learned what can happen with too much too soon in the past, and I’m ok with us learning from that.
  • Lukerz said:

Twitter reports claims Soucek has been offered to Spurs after tensions between manager & player.

Twitter who?
This discussion has been closed.