The Transfer Window

Comments

• I'm not greedy... Just one Cornet(to) give it to me

#coat fetched
  • I see Jesse wants £180k per week in reports (which may or may not be correct). Very overvalued if true, that's a no from me
  • whupathman, I also heard rumours of a £10 million signing on fee. Problem is DM really wants him but he hasn’t shown any real signs he wants to come to us. 🤔
  • We won't obliterate our wage structure for Lingard

Imagine you're Bowen, Fornals, Soucek, Antonio etc. on £50k to £80k and Lingard is on £180k....
  • Whenever I was negotiating a new contract the only person who I told what I wanted was the person I was negotiating with…….
  • Slacker said:

Whenever I was negotiating a new contract the only person who I told what I wanted was the person I was negotiating with…….

Yeah but you probably didn’t have an agent who was negotiating with another agent on your behalf and passing messages on to you and the person you were negotiating with.
  • or Sully putting this out to justify not signing him :)
  • Slacker said:

Whenever I was negotiating a new contract the only person who I told what I wanted was the person I was negotiating with…….

Because no one else was invested in what you earned. Agents, clubs and players all have reasons for wanting to create public pressure or set expectations.
  • edited May 2022
    That reported £180k is misleading. He will get a signing on fee spread over the length of his contract. So if it is £10m over three years that's £65k a week. Then £115k a week salary doesn't sound so outrageous.
  • alderz said:

Slacker said:

Yeah but you probably didn’t have an agent who was negotiating with another agent on your behalf and passing messages on to you and the person you were negotiating with.
    Oh but I did.

• Bazshuayi said:

I'm not greedy... Just one Cornet(to) give it to me

#coat fetched

I already done the cornetto joke on the old thread, nobody found it funny then Baz hahaha
  • Bazshuayi said:

I'm not greedy... Just one Cornet(to) give it to me

#coat fetched

I already done the cornetto joke on the old thread, nobody found it funny then Baz hahaha
    Can’t believe I’m witnessing plagiarism on this forum. The depths some people will sink too smh
  • A bloke playing for Port Vale this afternoon has scored a goal. Dunno his name but according to rumours he wants £20 grand a year and a Fiesta. We should be all…………
  • Some Birmingham based online paper are linking us with John McGinn and I do not like it
  • edited May 2022
    Lol marquee signing. Hes ok but more of a gazebo than a marquee.
  • Similar to Phillips that, good player but for his ability he's massively overpriced....£50mil for McGinn is madness when players like Bentacur went for £20mil

Although that Aaronson for Leeds cost £25mil, and he's relatively unproven I think that's a better use of funds even if it has some risk to it

Tricky, prem proven and expensive pr do you go outside the league and run a bit of a risk they can't adjust
  • No way are we paying £50m for McGinn imo, he'll be nearly 28 by the time the season starts, so limited sell on value, just can't see this happening at the rumoured price.
  • Why the obsession with sell on value? I expect Moyes to decide whether he thinks the fee required represents value based upon what he thinks the player will bring to the team over the course of his contract
  • Why the obsession with sell on value? I expect Moyes to decide whether he thinks the fee required represents value based upon what he thinks the player will bring to the team over the course of his contract

Of course it's relevant. If he signs a 4 year contract and is worth nothing at the end of it, he's cost us £50m and we'll need to find the same to replace him. If we signed a 24 year old it's perfectly conceivable that he'd play for 2 or 3 or 4 years and still be worth the same money, so if he wanted to move then we'd have money to find a replacement, or we'd have say 8 years to fund a replacement.

Everything Moyes has been doing suggests he's looking at long term growth on a relatively tight budget, and spending £50 on McGinn is the complete opposite of that imo.
  • Sell on value is very important to longer term finances , but I agree not necessarily a current manager. It's one reason we can ask the sums for Rice that we probably would. He is so young that anyone paying 120m will recognise if he wants to move again in time they will realise a fee which would probably be significant. If that Player is 30 it's not the case so your 120m would be effectively gone.

50m plus wages for McGinn certainly put the earlier rumour of Lingard wanting 180k per week in perspective!
  • Tricky, prem proven and expensive or do you go outside the league and run a bit of a risk they can't adjust.

WHU, I have been an advocate of looking abroad based exactly on the above comment. I really believe there are many options we should be exploring around Europe that would enable us to bring in the several players we need this window especially as David Moyes appears to be reluctant to spend a large amount of money even if he is given some financial backing!
  • From what I’ve seen of him he’s a fair old player. But seriously,it’s A - a rumour and B where does the £50 m come from as a fee?
    Yup, just plucked out the air.
    Gawd, we’ve got months of this stuff.
  • Slacker, That would be one third of our rumoured transfer fund & yes I am really looking forward to being wound up over the next few months with all the transfer stories.
  • Slacker, That would be one third of our rumoured transfer fund & yes I am really looking forward to being wound up over the next few months with all the transfer stories.

Happy for you.👏

• McGinn ia good, I think he would most certainly add to our squad and improve it.
    But £50M...No way
    £20-25M would be about right... £30M at most.
  • Not really sure what he brings. Scores a few, assists a few, gets lots of yellows.
  • Aguerd has had his photos done according to Ex and Arealo is supposedy to be be next closest to signing. Would be a decent start to window if we can get those two done
  • edited May 2022
    Confirmed outs:
    Martin - released
    Fredericks - released
    Kral - loan ended
    Noble - released
    Yarmolenko - released

Possible incomings:
    Aguerd - £13m
    Areola - £10m

Possible outs (rumoured):
    Diop - £15m
    Masuaku - £10m
    Vlasic - £15m
    Benrahma - £20m

Would we be happy with those four leaving for the right price?
  • Lukerz said:

Confirmed outs:
    Martin
    Fredericks
    Kral
    Noble
    Yarmolenko

Possible incomings:
    Aguerd - £13m
    Areola - £10m

Possible outs (rumoured):
    Diop - £15m
    Masuaku - £10m
    Vlasic - £15m
    Benrahma - £20m

Would we be happy with those four leaving for the right price?

With Aguerd likely coming in, I'd be happy with Diop leaving. I wouldn't be happy with any of the others leaving right now.

I feel like our team spirit and our dressing room is meant to be a massive reason behind our success. Bringing in 5/6 players would already be a pretty big change in our dressing room. Realistically, losing another 4 would mean bringing in an extra 4. So that's, what, 10 transfers? Aside from the fact that's an unrealistic number, it's also nearly 50% turnover of our dressing room, which represents a HUGE risk to the team.
This discussion has been closed.