The Transfer Window

Comments

• Slacker said:

C&H saying Lingard wants £180K a week contract which includes wages and signing on fees. Sorry but he ain't worth that IMO

Honestly, how does he know that?

Presumably from his "source " within the club not saying he is right its been reported elsewhere he wanted £150k a week and the signing on fees take it to £180k week.
    Yep. I guess it depends on how much people think is acceptable. Is £100k ok? Then the extra 80k comes up to about £4m a year, I think. Over his contract that would less than we would've signed someone like him for (depending on how long the contract is).
  • If you want top players then they come at a cost, especially if Villa, Newcastle and Everton, let alone the 'big six', are ready to pay top dollar.
  • Do you reckon him or his agent tell the media how much he wants?
  • I don't see any advantage in a player making public their wage demands.
  • IronHerb said:

I don't see any advantage in a player making public their wage demands.

That’ll be because they don’t. Just journos coming up with random numbers.

• Slacker said:

C&H saying Lingard wants £180K a week contract which includes wages and signing on fees. Sorry but he ain't worth that IMO

Honestly, how does he know that?

Presumably from his "source " within the club not saying he is right its been reported elsewhere he wanted £150k a week and the signing on fees take it to £180k week.
    Very plausible, £5m signing on fee split over a 3 year contract is about £30k a week.
  • Bottom line is this is all speculation claim and counter claim leaked stories Agent planted stories etc but we need something to talk about for the next few months lol
  • edited May 2022
    Rumours doing the rounds Bassey to Aston Villa & Hlozek to Leverkusen for an amount we could easily afford. If true that is one “we should have been all over”.
  • In case anyone wants to play

• You're missing Slackers favourite "What's his shirt number going to be?" Hahaha
  • Wish we'd beaten Villa on the final day a couple of seasons ago and sent them down.
  • Wish we'd beaten Villa on the final day a couple of seasons ago and sent them down.

Nah. We've won four out of four against them, scoring eleven, since then. Keep them up I say. 😁
  • That's a good argument.
  • Alderz, presuming you're still in employment, are you by any chance working from home? =)
  • alderz, Do I get a prize for putting the highest number of those in one post? 😁. Phillips now being linked with Aston Villa as he is switching to the same agent as Steven Gerrard. 🤔
  • Early signings please. This could be a long whingy summer without them.
  • EXETER, 👍. I have made provision so I can whinge throughout the summer window much like the previous ones if needs be. 😉
  • Alderz, presuming you're still in employment, are you by any chance working from home? =)

Putting the five minutes I had outside of meetings today to good use
  • alderz said:

In case anyone wants to play

You have won the internet.

We can all go to bed.
  • We can close this thread now.
  • Please 🙏!!!!
  • Don't doubt Big Oli...
  • This week I have seen parts of two Rio Ferdinand interviews.

In the first, he said that the way Kylian Mbappe had treated Real Madrid was the biggest disrespect he’d ever known in football and that club deserved to he treated with more respect.

In the second, he said that Declan Rice should leave West Ham to join a big club.

So, Mbappe, who never played for Madrid, is more disrespectful for staying at home than Rio is for constantly calling his first club small and telling our best players to leave.
  • Some pundits, especially some Man Utd ones are full of (insert your own expletive)
  • Describing fartynand in true light would result in a ban from this forum
  • I cant stand that guy
  • Describing fartynand in true light would result in a ban from this forum

Oh man I would LOVE to ban you
  • We have all got to remember Rio was a boyhood fan of Manchester United born & brought up a stones throw from Old Trafford kicking a football against the wall of one of the stands! 😉
  • alderz said:

Describing fartynand in true light would result in a ban from this forum

Oh man I would LOVE to ban you
    Oh no, I am stunned ........................... weep emoji
  • Easing on to the site with a bit of swagger to join the dislike Ferdinand club (Not Anton)
This discussion has been closed.