The Transfer Window

Comments

• I actually think that unless Lingard joins us pretty promptly we should forget him. He’s had plenty of time to think about his options. We can’t wait on him. The advantage with him is we know what we’re getting but even then, he was less impactful towards the end of his loan. If he wants to then wait for what other options come his way, now that Man U is out of the picture, then it’s a bit of a red flag for me and also just practical barrier to us moving on with our business
  • I actually think that unless Lingard joins us pretty promptly we should forget him. He’s had plenty of time to think about his options. We can’t wait on him. The advantage with him is we know what we’re getting but even then, he was less impactful towards the end of his loan. If he wants to then wait for what other options come his way, now that Man U is out of the picture, then it’s a bit of a red flag for me and also just practical barrier to us moving on with our business

That's a very fair point; we waited on him most of last summer before hurriedly signing Vlasic as there were few others available by then. I'll be happy enough if he signs, but let's no forget that he had the spell of his life with us last time, he'll be 18 months older now and it's very unlikely he'll have quite the impact he had last time, so we shouldn't let him call the tune. Make him an offer early, and if he won't sign then walk away.
  • Slacker said:

Ronnie Boyce went to my old school.

* one for the kids there.</blockquote

I went to school with his son

That's a very fair point; we waited on him most of last summer before hurriedly signing Vlasic as there were few others available by then. I'll be happy enough if he signs, but let's no forget that he had the spell of his life with us last time, he'll be 18 months older now and it's very unlikely he'll have quite the impact he had last time, so we shouldn't let him call the tune. Make him an offer early, and if he won't sign then walk away.
    Yep. Absolutely should make him a good offer early - a free signing who we've had perform well for us before - and get him to make his decision.
  • Ex says talks underway for Lingard & offer expected for James Ward-Prowse.
  • edited May 2022
    As much as we'd all like Lingard to come back, he'll be 30 in December and his last spell with us won't necessarily be repeated.
    And it's not as if he's been causing ructions to be released so he could come to us.
    Plus, if he demands an OTT salary that disrupts the team pay scale, I'd say leave him.
  • yes he will be 30 but hes spent the last few years warming the bench so he's hardly burnt out. I want us to get him because I think his qualities on the field make us a much more dangerous attacking proposition (and all the lads apart from Vlasic know him/have played with him)
  • Lingard, even if he doesn't recapture his loan form which tbf is almost guaranteed, is a still very good player who will be a good depth option at worst but likely a starter over Benrahma
  • Joe Worrall is linked with us on the gossip column today, if Forest lose the playoff final
  • We should be sniffing around a couple of their players (and perhaps putting bids in too)
  • Lads, I’m a bit disappointed in you really.
    So this thread has been running for the best part of 7 weeks ( or at least it seems like it) and I can’t recall a single “we should be all over that” and definitely no shirt number discussion.
    Come on , up your game.
  • Links to the Rennes CB Aguerd is now being confirmed by ExWHU

Still early days, the deal is far from complete but it is only May so seems like we're getting our act together

Don't know much about him other than what I've read since we've been linked, 26 year old left footed CB, good size for the Prem and seems a really good buy at around £20mil....a replacement for Ogbonna who, despite Dawsons best efforts, we haven't really replaced in the LCB position (Zouma always looks more confident on the right)

The fact we tried last year as well shows we've obviously had an eye on him for a while so I'm sure we've done our due diligence

Probably assume that's it for either Ogbonna (out of contract) or Diop (linked away)
  • Bazshuayi said:

yes he will be 30 but hes spent the last few years warming the bench so he's hardly burnt out. I want us to get him because I think his qualities on the field make us a much more dangerous attacking proposition (and all the lads apart from Vlasic know him/have played with him)

He’s the type of player we need as well. A pacy outlet ball. Finding fast players isn’t hard but ones who also have a final product is.
  • We're probably after Aguero and nobody noticed the typo at the end?
  • Ok. I’ll play.
    My wish list: Lingard, Rashford, Harrison and Tarkowski.
  • My post regarding Lingard was more or less a brief summary of what Outcast had said and 14 posters agreed with him (including me).
    It's enough to make one paranoid. Infamy, infamy, they've all got it in for me =)
  • My wish list -
    GK - Areola/Pope
    LB - Hickey/Bassey/Raum
    CH - Lacroix/Tapsoba
    CDM - Phillips/Bellegarde/Fofana/Berge
    MID - Tete/Barak/Vanaken
    CF - David/Ekitike/Bayo/Gouiri/Osimhen/Scamacca/Diaby

Just a few who I hope are on Mr Newman's radar.
  • Just seen that the new Chelsea owners will make £200m available to Tuchel.
    The more things change, the more they stay the same.
  • Tottenham are getting £150 million to spend & are looking to get six new players in.
  • Chelsea run at a loss, how are they going to get their money back from their 4.25 billion outlay?
  • I personally don't have a wishlist, because there are so many players that I don't know. Coufal and Soucek would never have been on my wishlist because I had no idea who they are!

That said, of the players that we have been linked with, I really like Lewis Keane-Potter. I really like Jesse Lingard. I really like Ollie Watkins. And I think James Ward-Prowse would be an absolutely incredible signing for us (but I also think it is the least realistic of all of the rumours I've heard so far).
  • My wish list -
    GK - Areola/Pope
    LB - Hickey/Bassey/Raum
    CH - Lacroix/Tapsoba
    MID - Tete/Barak/Vanaken

Do you play Football Manager by any chance?😂

• Slacker said:

My wish list -
    GK - Areola/Pope
    LB - Hickey/Bassey/Raum
    CH - Lacroix/Tapsoba
    MID - Tete/Barak/Vanaken

Do you play Football Manager by any chance?😂

If fortune plays Football Manager and didn't add Benjamin Sesko to his list then I don't think he really plays Football Manager
  • C&H saying Lingard wants £180K a week contract which includes wages and signing on fees. Sorry but he ain't worth that IMO
  • C&H saying Lingard wants £180K a week contract which includes wages and signing on fees. Sorry but he ain't worth that IMO

There in lies the problems with free transfers

Apparantly Villa are offering Tarkowski £120k and apparently that new guy Kamara is on £150k p/week

It's not my money, but even still I wouldn't like for us to pay Lingard that as I can't imagine that will go down well with the squad

Honestly, how does he know that?

• edited May 2022
    Slacker, I would like to say it's all my own work but some of the names are from my son who knows a lot about European football.
  • Slacker said:

C&H saying Lingard wants £180K a week contract which includes wages and signing on fees. Sorry but he ain't worth that IMO

Sully probably told him.
  • Slacker, I would like to say it's all my own work but some of the names are from my son who knows a lot about European football.

Some really good players in there. Fofana's like that Docoure/Diame/Sissoko-style driving player that can really suit the premier league.
  • Slacker said:

C&H saying Lingard wants £180K a week contract which includes wages and signing on fees. Sorry but he ain't worth that IMO

Presumably from his "source " within the club not saying he is right its been reported elsewhere he wanted £150k a week and the signing on fees take it to £180k week.
This discussion has been closed.