The Transfer Window

Comments

• Welcome Erik, I'd still trust him over Arthur at LB
  • Being reported that full agreement now reached between Rennes, West Ham & Aguerd for him to complete his move. Medical to take place after final game with Morocco on Monday.
  • Lukerz said:

Being reported that full agreement now reached between Rennes, West Ham & Aguerd for him to complete his move. Medical to take place after final game with Morocco on Monday.

Oh dear…….

• I’m not so sure that we need another left back really. We’ve got Cresswell and young Ben.
    I thought Cresswell was pretty good last season, are people judging him on the two European sendings off? If so that’s a bit harsh I reckon.
  • No, I thought Cresswell was pretty average all season. The two reds just rounded it off for me.
    The fact that Johnson looks comfortable playing out of position at LB I think reinforces the argument.
  • Slacker said:

I’m not so sure that we need another left back really. We’ve got Cresswell and young Ben.
    I thought Cresswell was pretty good last season, are people judging him on the two European sendings off? If so that’s a bit harsh I reckon.

We need a new natural LB, Johnson is getting shoehorned there...and Masuaku just isn't good enough there

Cresswell is also 32, 33 before the turn of the year

CB, CF, CM are prioty...but it's becoming a priority soon
  • Also , and I know I’m in a minority here but I’m used to that 😉, we’ve still got Arthur, I know he maybe not Gentile level as a defender but he’s great entertainment bombing forward. You’ve got to admit he’s fun to watch.
  • He does make my heart race Slacker, but I don't know if that is in excitement or trepidation. 😫
  • edited June 2022
    Noble, Yarmo, Fredericks not with us next season.
    No reserve team players getting a look in.
    We are in such a worse position than after the January transfer window, and that brought us nothing despite us calling for a LB, CM and Striker at the time.

We need at least 6 players to add to our first team squad or we are seriously short.
  • Is there a consensus that believe we only need four new additions this window LB,CH,CM,CF?
  • Is there a consensus that believe we only need four new additions this window LB,CH,CM,CF?

Probably not.😂

• Is there a consensus .....

Yeah, no.
  • Good to see I am not the only one. 😉
  • Who is this Consensus we’ve signed, and can he play left back? 🤪
  • ScotHammer, No, he is actually a young Brazilian centre forward that Harry Redknapp has advised us about.
  • From the Guardian...

West Ham are reportedly preparing a £25m bid for former Manchester United and Liverpool target Ismaila Sarr

Firstly, Am I being pessimistic in terms of thats what we always do (go at least 15M under what past quotes have detailed about his value)

Secondly, why would we even be spending that money on a player who plays the same position as Bowen?

Thirdly, make it up as you go along and fill up a bit of sports gossip journalism?
  • Sarr has played 113 games on the right, 38 games on the left, and 32 through the middle, so I feel like he would be a great option for many positions.

Bowen was touted by Moyes as our best backup striker. Maybe signing a new right winger would mean Bowen becomes our new striker?

(I also think £25m sounds low for him)
  • https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/jun/11/forget-the-thrill-of-the-chase-only-rarely-do-footballs-biggest-signings-work-out

In the absence of signings, something to read.

I might amend this
    Just as the draw can often seem the best part of a tournament, as we imagine contests between the purest form of each side, unsullied by injury or form, so a player is at his most perfect when he signs.
    to reflect what many fans seem to think ... 'so a player is at his most perfect when he doesn't sign'

Although the article focuses on 'biggest signing' in the game, I think it can also be applied to West Ham's (certainly, recent) experience?
  • Noble, Yarmo, Fredericks not with us next season.
    We are in such a worse position than after the January transfer window, and that brought us nothing despite us calling for a LB, CM and Striker at the time.

We need at least 6 players to add to our first team squad or we are seriously short.

I'm going to be completely alone here but I don't think we're weaker now that Fredericks, Yarmolenko and Martin have left (Noble is the exception)

Just thought that whenever they played they were just awful (for the Prem, they obviously aren't bad players)

Moyes obviously didn't trust the youth but sometimes you get forced into using the youth

Even if Ashby, Oxo-Flex or Anang aren't actually any good, we aren't weaker as the three aforementioned players were pretty awful

I'd much rather give a raw young player a chance

Noble is different as he actually contributed

But Kral, Yarmolenko, Fredericks, Martin didn't even play 1000 minutes between them
  • edited June 2022
    Aguerd has pulled out of the final AFCON qualifier tomorrow. Injury or to fly to London to complete transfer. It’s against Liberia who Morocco would expect to beat. 🤔
  • Noble, Yarmo, Fredericks not with us next season.

Just thought that whenever they played they were just awful (for the Prem, they obviously aren't bad players)
    Yeah. Martin against Chelsea was shocking. Yarmo's goals against Villa and Seville were a waste of time. Fredericks against Villa last season was poor when he helped snuff out Grealish.
    I honestly think they offered more than Noble over the last couple of years. So yes, imo, you are alone in these assumptions.
  • IronHerb said:

Yeah. Martin against Chelsea was shocking. Yarmo's goals against Villa and Seville were a waste of time. Fredericks against Villa last season was poor when he helped snuff out Grealish.
    I honestly think they offered more than Noble over the last couple of years. So yes, imo, you are alone in these assumptions.
    Definitely not alone.

I don’t think Fredericks or Martin added anything in the season just gone. Kral definitely didn’t.
  • IronHerb said:

Picking out single games for players that have been here for 4 years or so and now leaving for free transfers with nobody wanting them

• Sorry but that's my opinion if that's ok with you.

It was you who said 'Just thought that whenever they played they were just awful' so either they never had a decent game or they did. Cant have it both ways.
  • Putting aside the squabbling about who did what. 👍. My concern is four of them were in the first team squad and need replacing, surely that isn’t anything to fall out about?
  • edited June 2022
    Can't we disagree?
  • Disagreements are absolutely fine. What we don’t want is for any of the posts to cross over into a confrontational tone, which I personally feel some posts recently have begun to get close to. Not pointing fingers, not naming names, this is a general plea for all posters to remain civil and polite with one another. It’s what sets this forum apart from most other football forums.
  • IronHerb, Of Course we can disagree. =)

https://www.hammers.news/club-news/west-ham-named-the-16th-most-valuable-club-in-europe-and-now-its-time-to-start-acting-like-it/

This is something which may cause some disagreement. The title of the link is the basic message.

I know this is a bit like "Groundhog Day" but to say our squad last season wasn't stretched would be an understatement. So with the four added to the additional players we lacked from the last campaign plus rumours of Benrahma, Diop & Vlasic leaving where are we going to get the new recruits from especially if David Moyes doesn't put the likes of Ashby, Longelo, Perkins etc into the first team picture? I admit it isn't a crisis yet but a lot have said on here that they can't see eight or more players joining in one window.
  • edited June 2022
    IronHerb said:

Can't we disagree?

I disagree that we shouldn't disagree and disagree with the mere mention of such. In fact I often disagree with what I'm actually disagreeing about.... I'm confused and actually disagree with this post.I've obviously lost any little cred I had :p
  • yoyo said:

IronHerb said:

Can't we disagree?

I disagree that we shouldn't disagree and disagree with the mere mention of such. In fact I often disagree with what I'm actually disagreeing about.... I'm confused and actually disagree with this post.I've obviously lost any little cred I had :p
    yoyo said:

IronHerb said:

Can't we disagree?

Can’t disagree with that, probably.

This discussion has been closed.