The Transfer Window

Comments

• I was going to post, have we signed anyone yet, every day but was worried I would end up with RSI
  • I feel like I want to disagree with that (in a respectful manner of course) ;)
  • C&H claim that we have declined a £25m offer from Brighton for Yves Bissouma who has one year left on his contract and has said he wants to leave this summer.

Brighton rejected a £25m bid from Villa in January as they thought he was worth £50m at the time.

Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs have also been linked

Allegedly we're still hopeful of signing Ward-Prowse although I'm not holding my breath

Huddersfield Examiner, The Sun and TalkSport have linked us with Huddersfield's 23yo Lewis O’Brien, primarily a central midfielder but he has played every position apart GK, CB, RB and RW. Apparently he has a £10m release clause
  • Must Bissouma madness

#Kool and the gang

#Age requirement for this pun
  • IMO chances of us getting James WP are zero
  • I really don't want us to sign Bissouma. Even if he was available for a pound a week wages and them pay us to take him, the guy is currently on bail for sex offences. There's no way that we should be getting involved with him until that is concluded at the absolute earliest.
  • edited June 2022
    Does anyone know why the Areola transfer is taking so long? Moyes seems to want him, and I thought we had “option to buy”. I know we are West Ham, but………..
    Perhaps Newman still thinks he’s on gardening leave!
  • Probably waiting for the International break to be over / loans and contracts to end on 30th June and Player holidays.

Would be pretty weird if the signings don't start rolling in around July though.
  • Areola's loan deal includes options to buy for £11m or extend his loan for another season.
  • Forest have released ex-WHU GK Carl Jenkinson (played in the outfield a bit too)
  • Rush goalie you say.😍
  • Athletic says we have offered Watford £18m + £2m add ons for Emmanuel Davies

90 mins says Rashford wants to stay at Man Utd after talks with Ten Hag and Steve McLaren (asst manager)
  • Watford are probably wondering who Emmanuel Davies is hahaha
  • They took the money and will quibble over names and such at a later date :)
  • I hope so. If Spurs want to find someone on bail for sexual assault then that reflects pretty poorly on them as a club.
  • Must admit I've never caught the vibe connecting us to Bissouma.
  • "He was recently described as an ‘unreal’ player by Sussex World."

I should have payed more attention. 🤣
  • edited June 2022
    From 8th June

“A man in his twenties, also from Brighton, who was arrested on suspicion of sexual assault, has been released under investigation while inquiries continue.

“No further information is available at this time.”

https://www.brightonandhovenews.org/2022/06/08/brighton-and-hove-albion-footballer-awaits-outcome-of-sex-attack-case-investigation/
  • edited June 2022
    That article mentions the unreal cost etc at least 3 times! Does he have to fulfill a word count or something?

Charges hanging over him or not, lets be real. If he has the chance to go to a club in the champions league hes going there. We have as much chance of getting him as we have or getting Mr Southampton
  • If C&H claimed that Moyes wasn't interested in Bissouma on Saturday why does Moyes have "egg on his face" four days later when Spurs agree to sign him?

And why do we even bother with www.hammers.news when its two relatively inexperienced journos who don't seem to have ever worked outside Buckinghamshire/Berkshire?
  • I question whether their writing age is actually adult level (surely they spend all day sniffing around other sites, rumours of rumours etc and just childishly attempt to put some sentences together with players names)
  • Let’s all mock people who are posting rumours which other news outlets appear to confirm! Meanwhile we will be linked with players from relegated teams or who are available on free transfers. We need to show some cojones and buy some proper players to improve our first team. The list of “we should have gone for him” grows on a regular basis.
  • edited June 2022
    I'll certainly mock Damien Charles Lucas and Antony Martin, all they do is Google news from other outlets and republish them with a bit of their own blurb.

Anyone could do that, in fact that is precisely what we do on this forum.

Its one thing saying "we need to buy players" but that doesn't mean the players want to come. The fact is we're not a "big team", we're certainly bigger than we were a few seasons ago but we're still "medium sized"
  • edited June 2022
    Fortune, I don't think anyone is intending to mock those sharing it, just the people who write on some of those websites because it feels a lot like clickbait with the amount they produce.

• And why do we even bother with www.hammers.news when its two relatively inexperienced journos who don't seem to have ever worked outside Buckinghamshire/Berkshire?

I don’t.😉

• The only source I believe is ExWHU

All other links I take with a pinch of salt
  • He's the only one I follow. Don't follow much else West Ham on any platform other than here.

I don't really take any of this too seriously. Don't pay much attention to those other sources but sometimes it can be fun to just think about how in theory a player might fit into our system.
  • The fact is we're not a "big team", we're certainly bigger than we were a few seasons ago but we're still "medium sized"

ASLEF, I find that quite sad.

There are multiple sources of transfer rumour so I am not going to ignore all of them as some are quite accurate.
  • How do you decide which ones you'll ignore and which ones you won't?

Do you have a list? :)
This discussion has been closed.